[RELEASED] Dovahkiin's Infamy - please use the other thread

vinfamy

Its looking good.

But in fact, the "pure " way will lead us to get blackmailed no?

Yes. And if you're kind (low Sadism), you'll be trying to help the couple instead.

Okay, it's nice you've put "pure/evil" in front all important decision(see fifth pics in your last post) it'll help peoples who want to follow a special way. :)

Some more screens from the first Whiterun quest, playing as a player character with high sadism and perversion. Again, all from very early part of the story so not spoiling anything.

(Both bestiality and rape can be turned off at the start of the mod)

Nice! Can't wait to try it out.

I wonder if there's a different dialogue with Mikael from the last screenshot if you play as a Female Nord. It would be funny if he's low-key berating you at the same time.

Many things change dynamically depending on your character's gender and sexual orientation. Depending on your Perversion and Sadism meters, you can be the only to blackmail or be blackmailed.

That’s very good news that one can completely opt out of being on the “victim” (or aggressor) side of the mod according to one’s disposition if one chooses.

For me (and that’s just me), I feel that - unlike mods that provide a function (e.g. Defeat) or are standalone “quests” that the user can create their own narrative around – mods that uses in-game NPC actors and game progression as assets should fit the base game narrative somewhat as these assets will persist even when the quest are done...and in Skyrim, the PC is a once in centuries type of warrior(ess) – an Achilles, a Beowulf , a Musashi – not a generic adventurer (e.g. NWN) or just some random from a vault looking for his/her dad (3)/child (4).

For example: Suppose Belathor (or Olfrid or whoemever) intimidates/blackmails a young rookie PC that first arrives in the hold.  One game week later and the PC is now Thane of Whiterun.  Now what?

In AA, each part ends with the lovers remaining your lover for the rest of the game. This makes sense as there is no reason for them to like you less as you climb the totem pole. It will also make sense for the aggressor part of this mod, the victims will get even more afraid of you and have less recourse to break free the more powerful you become.

This gets a bit more difficult on the victim side - going back to the earlier hypothetical example; (a) Belathor continues to be able to use the PC for the rest of the game, (b ) You both pretend nothing ever happened and continue shopping, later investing, in the store for the rest of the game (totally unbelievable), or  (c ) Using your power as Thane, you have him dragged away and executed on some trumped up charge (now possible with the public execution mod) or you kill him yourself and use your Thane get out of jail free card to get away with it.

For me, Option C is really the only logical ending - some other clever resolution, a deal, or an “I forgive you” on the couch of Oprah does not work for me - and remember, the PC is going to be the boss of everyone in this game – whether as Thane, Harbinger, Archmage, the Listener etc. – and as war winner decide who gets to be Jarl and who not, the boss of Jarls too.

If I were to use the victim part if this mod it would play out like a marathon binge watch of “I spit on your grave” lol. (Which actually might be fun but is going to leave a heck of a lot of dead NPCs in my wake, some of whom may be quest givers and/or marked essential whom I would have to edit to make unessential!)

Anyway that’s just my perspective. The development plan you outlined and the screenshots for the mod are looking great. Thank you for putting so much work into it.

Cheers

is it possible to play the mod as a male-straight? 

Yes, entirely possible. Many things change dynamically depending on your character's gender and sexual orientation. Depending on your Perversion and Sadism meters, you can be the only to blackmail or be blackmailed.

YEAH !

Super ambitious and seeing the progress screenshots is truly impressive.

Couple of things worth considering. Virginity, the concept is sound, and with clever planning and side stepping it could be interesting, but if it becomes something that you have to make an exception in dialog/choices every time a branch shows up until the end of the mod and since the concept dictates that it could all go down in drain after one encounter, it might be a bit too much work for both the creator and the user to explore all options.

Corruption (or other stats) becoming a bottomless pit. Reliance on background tracking could possibly lead to numbers going out of control. And if options availability is partially dictate by these stats it is possible to just get funnel down a certain path perhaps a little too early; now this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but something to consider if a little more dynamic is to be desired base on the narrative progression. Too many radiant/repeatable quests that points to one direction could be the cause, repeatable quests that let the player "build up" desirable stats might feel a little too game-y however.

Extra note regarding corruption, it is fun and nice and all. But personally if it gets to the point where the character is "broken" or "learn to enjoy it" the conflict is essentially removed from the narrative, and at that point it is very difficult to find interests in what's going to happen next; or the only remaining path is to "re-build" the character somehow. In another words, the appeal of corruption is the journey, fully corrupted is the mark of an ending. Although personally corruption to me means more than just a character getting corrupted one way or another, but more about the world and its inhabitants (including these characters) responding in kind.

Some floating ideas...

Mjoll and Aerin get mention pretty often. The simple set up of having her go up against the Black-Briars which lots of dialog suggest Mjoll dislikes them and Aerin constant warnings seem fairly straightforward. Player could probably take on either side, but I think misadventure with siding with Mjoll seems more reasonable with her being a possible follower. Also giving followers attention in the mod would be nice. *cough* this is totally not stolen from a certain blog of a certain member *cough*

The butcher from Windhelm, complications during investigating (ambush, blackmail) or just seemingly randomly falls victim.

Silverhands attacking the Companions if PC is a member of or just in general

Civil war scout or intel/message delivery. Getting caught or catching someone; interrogate vs getting interrogated.

The old reliable damsel in distress and PC is tasked to save her, but oh no the bad guys have her at knife point!

One of my white whale is a re-telling or re-imagining of the main quest of Skyrim with a darker twist not too unlike what is being discuss here and have most of the major quests tied into it to make one more or less cohesive narrative of corruption/coercion.

I am looking forward to how the mod handle the keeping or revealing the Dragonborn identity secret. Hopefully it won't be a on/off toggle, but the information is localized. Along with gauging the strength of the Dragonborn.

First version is all done.

Doing some extra testing now, but should meet the promised deadline of 31 May.

PS: added some screenshots from a kind-pure-female-NonDragonborn playthrough. Again, same rule, all screens are from early in their respective quests so no spoilers

post-1091843-0-44209200-1496055658_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-51490100-1496055659_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-07213800-1496055660_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-23955100-1496055661_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-44367800-1496055662_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-05052300-1496055663_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-06835500-1496055664_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-03278800-1496055665_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-07365700-1496055666_thumb.jpg

First version is all done.

Doing some extra testing now, but should meet the promised deadline of 31 May.

PS: added some screenshots from a kind-pure-female-NonDragonborn playthrough. Again, same rule, all screens are from early in their respective quests so no spoilers

So we have to complete quest "dragon rising" to be knowns as Dragonborn in your mod no?

So we have to complete quest "dragon rising" to be knowns as Dragonborn in your mod no?

To be known to yourself and other mortals as Dragonborn. Make certain quests easier, change some dialogues, make some options available ...

The Deadras and the Gods already know who you are no matter what. Although the one Deadric prince that will appear in the first version does not dwell on this fact yet.

To be known to yourself and other mortals as Dragonborn. Make certain quests easier, change some dialogues, make some options available ...

The Deadras and the Gods already know who you are no matter what. Although the one Deadric prince that will appear in the first version does not dwell on this fact yet.

Okay,  i understand better thanks.

In your first release, the two ways(victims and dominant) of blackmailing will be available or it's too early yet?

Okay,  i understand better thanks.

In your first release, the two ways(victims and dominant) of blackmailing will be available or it's too early yet?

There'll be both. Not all quests have both though, would be too repetitive and predictable otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

how do i start the quest lol?

I suggest you follow the directions, something it's obvious you have a problem with since you posted that question here.

(Don't let that snarky reply stop you, sometimes I just have to point out what should have been obvious. This mod has been released and has a support thread in the Downloads section with a link to that thread at the very start of this one. Talking to one of the NPCs that has added content is how you start the quest for that actor.)

Archived