[RELEASED] Dovahkiin's Infamy - please use the other thread

vinfamy

I've got to say. I'm having a blast working on Dovahkiin's Infamy.

At this stage I can confirm the following game mechanics (I'm not gonna spoil any specific quests though)

- Each quest is extremely non-linear and has numerous ways to go about it and many different endings based on certain player decisions and what vanilla quests they have or have not completed (most importantly Dragon's Rising for your identity as Dragonborn)

- The quests all start naturally with a scene or a forcegreet and blends in with the vanilla game, tending to expand the previously 'minor' NPCs with a lot of character depth and an interesting backstory. Also sort of blends in with Amorous Adventures if you play a 'good' character.

- Infamy (any perverse/ evi/ immoral action in public, magnified by the number of witnesses), Perversion (flirt, sex and watching others have sex) and Sadism (killing innocent, raping others, stealing others' spouses) parameters, all dictating what options you have to go about each quests. For example, Being kind and innocent (low Perversion and Sadism), you will be vulnerable to guilt tripping.   

- You won't have to start at 0 for all 3 parameters. The mod when first installed will pick up on your SexLab Journal and ask you a few questions to determine your PC's initial personality. There are 22 different nice introductions to your character at the start.

- You can choose your sexual orientation at the start, which affects decisions and plot

- You can turn off Bestiality and straight-up rape.

- Your Infamy affects NPC's decisions and their greetings.

- Completing Dragon's Rising and revealing your Dragonborn identity will help you with certain quests (where you have to ask for favor from a Nord for example)  but will increase the impact of Infamy and make you more a target for conquest!

- Attraction mechanic + emotional attachment increases with sex and especially strong with the person that took your virginity (if you started as a virgin). If you get too attached to someone, you won't be able to bring yourself to do harm to that person

- Romance (ie. dating someone) and cheating (and blackmailed when cheating).

- And many many plot twists and surprises :)

Sounds interesting and promising, with the potential that others can contribute without the voice work AA required (with both made the mod more awesome and more restrictive).

Using the sexlab diary might be problematic as it isn't all that intuitive and lacks player control entirely with many mods not using tags that affect it in the way that is implied.

I also wonder why you need to ask the player for sexual orientation when that is part of several already unless they are not required and I'm confused about it being part of sexlab. On the other hand, giving the player complete control over all aspects that your mod will use (reading the diary and then asking questions) is nice.

At this stage I can confirm the following game mechanics (I'm not gonna spoil any specific quests though)

- Each quest is extremely non-linear and has numerous ways to go about it and many different endings based on certain player decisions and what vanilla quests they have or have not completed (most importantly Dragon's Rising for your identity as Dragonborn)

- The quests all start naturally with a scene or a forcegreet and blends in with the vanilla game, tending to expand the previously 'minor' NPCs with a lot of character depth and an interesting backstory. Also sort of blends in with Amorous Adventures if you play a 'good' character.

- Infamy (any perverse/ evi/ immoral action in public, magnified by the number of witnesses), Perversion (flirt, sex and watching others have sex) and Sadism (killing innocent, raping others, stealing others' spouses) parameters, all dictating what options you have to go about each quests. For example, Being kind and innocent (low Perversion and Sadism), you will be vulnerable to guilt tripping.   

- You won't have to start at 0 for all 3 parameters. The mod when first installed will pick up on your SexLab Journal and ask you a few questions to determine your PC's initial personality. There are 22 different nice introductions to your character at the start.

- You can choose your sexual orientation at the start, which affects decisions and plot

- Completing Dragon's Rising and revealing your Dragonborn identity will help you with certain quests (where you have to ask for favor from a Nord for example)  but will increase the impact of Infamy and make you more a target for conquest!

- Attraction mechanic + emotional attachment increases with sex and especially strong with the person that took your virginity (if you started as a virgin). If you get too attached to someone, you won't be able to bring yourself to do harm to that person

Release plz ;_;

EDIT: 

One request: Since you're already judging them partially based on initial stats, could you possibly expose the infamy/perversion/sadism stats so that other mods could read them and/or edit them? Or possibly write a hook script that updates them based on SL animation?

It would be great if mods could talk to each other about these aspects of player personality. A few people have tried to make some kind of frameworks but them become very complex, and since yours will have some great quests attached it could probably be the main one.

EDIT2: One more question

Can we start our characters for this now? Will there be any content missed if we use an existing character that's well through the main quest and/or Amorous Adventures?

One request: Since you're already judging them partially based on initial stats, could you possibly expose the infamy/perversion/sadism stats so that other mods could read them and/or edit them? Or possibly write a hook script that updates them based on SL animation?

It would be great if mods could talk to each other about these aspects of player personality. A few people have tried to make some kind of frameworks but them become very complex, and since yours will have some great quests attached it could probably be the main one.

Can we start our characters for this now? Will there be any content missed if we use an existing character that's well through the main quest and/or Amorous Adventures?

Yes, the infamy, perversion and sadism are all global variables. Other mod author can easily access them using a simple Game.GetFormFromFile line.

Go ahead and start your character. As mentioned above, the content will vary depend on where your player character is in terms of quests completed and sexlab experience so yeah there will be some content missed - BUT there will always be content missed during any playthrough, you'll need more than one playthrough to be a completionist for this mod (i.e. a virgin playthrough, a perverted playthrough, an evil playthrough, a Dragonborn playthrough)

Added two new mechanics yesterday:

- Nightmare and dreams (masturbating or fantasizing about a recent lover/ aggressor/ victim) - increases your inner perversion

- Voyeur catches you masturbating and offers 'help'

Sounds super interesting and fun. I see a lot of SL mods these days that are basically 'Quest' mods but the quests lack any real depth, but it seems you've got that in mind.

On that note, should you need any custom animations for the mod to add some immersion/depth, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do.  ;)

Yes, the infamy, perversion and sadism are all global variables. Other mod author can easily access them using a simple Game.GetFormFromFile line.

Go ahead and start your character. As mentioned above, the content will vary depend on where your player character is in terms of quests completed and sexlab experience so yeah there will be some content missed - BUT there will always be content missed during any playthrough, you'll need more than one playthrough to be a completionist for this mod (i.e. a virgin playthrough, a perverted playthrough, an evil playthrough, a Dragonborn playthrough)

So I understand that situations will resolve differently depending on how complete the quests are, but what I mean is are there any quests that just wont' trigger at all/make sense unless the corresponding vanilla quest is running along side? (Like I think is the case in Amorous Adventures)

So I understand that situations will resolve differently depending on how complete the quests are, but what I mean is are there any quests that just wont' trigger at all/make sense unless the corresponding vanilla quest is running along side? (Like I think is the case in Amorous Adventures)

All quests will trigger and make sense no matter where you are in your playthrough. Any outcomes and dialogues within a quest that do not make sense because of certain quests you have completed will be filtered out automatically.

This sounds way too good to be true lol. Forgive me for my pessimism/skepticism but whenever I see such amazing ideas and intricate quest paths and NPCs it usually ends up being too ambitious and very time consuming which just leads the author to drop it soon enough, which seemingly has happened to a lot of quest mods. Although, fingers crossed for this, it sounds amazing, and I have faith in you vinfamy, since you are a genius mod making machine :P

This sounds way too good to be true lol. Forgive me for my pessimism/skepticism but whenever I see such amazing ideas and intricate quest paths and NPCs it usually ends up being too ambitious and very time consuming which just leads the author to drop it soon enough, which seemingly has happened to a lot of quest mods. Although, fingers crossed for this, it sounds amazing, and I have faith in you vinfamy, since you are a genius mod making machine :P

He just needs one of each of the things listed, and he can probably cover that in 5 quests.

No I'm not cynical from reading too much lawyer-ese and spending decades on the internet, why do you ask?

:angel:

I am curious to know how many quests there will be in the first release. Although one is very good IMO :D

Definitely more than one lol.

At my current rate, I would say 5 proper story-driven quests + all the miscellaneous quests related to the mechanics listed above (blackmailed for cheating, virginity stuffs)

İs the release day close? 

Have a day in your mind?

Can't guarantee but aiming for 31 May.

Out of curiosity what mods will be needed for dependencies? Aside from sexlab and aroused of course.

Just SexLab and Fuz Ro Doh

Even Aroused is not required. The nightmare/ dream/ masturbation stuff is based on a simple calculation of when was the last time you had sex.

Wow, it looks fantastic!

Did you alread choose which NPCs will be available at first release?

Wow, it looks fantastic!

Not 100% confirmed. Minor Spoilers

- Quest 1: Sigrid, Alvor, Embry + plot twist people that I'm not gonna spoil

- Quest 2: Olfina Gray-Mane, Jon Battle-Born + plot twist people that I'm not gonna spoil

- Quest 3: Sibbi Black-Briar, Svana Far-Shield, Haelga, Lynly Star-Sung + plot twist people that I'm not gonna spoil 

- Quest 4: Probably center around Aela - 'might' be related to her nickname (I always found her AA story to be slightly underwhelming for probably the single most iconic female character in Skyrim)

- Quest 5: Not decided yet. Could be Serana, but not sure if I want Dawnguard dependency for the first episode.

+ Plus a bunch of radiant stuffs that pick nearby NPCs with a certain criteria: relationshiprank, morality and stuff

What roles do these people play in the quests? You'll find out when you play. Ain't spoiling it :)

vinfamy when you say prank could that also be something like npc run up to you undress then runs away kind of prank ??

Did I say prank? Where?

There's a voyeur radiant quest - NPC catches you masturbating and asks to join. And a few radiant blackmail quests. And NPCs do react depending on their morality if you're caught having sex in public.

vinfamy when you say prank could that also be something like npc run up to you undress then runs away kind of prank ??

Did I say prank? Where?

There's a voyeur radiant quest - NPC catches you masturbating and asks to join. And a few radiant blackmail quests. And NPCs do react depending on their morality if you're caught having sex in public.

No i misinterpeted prank for relationshiprank in your spoiler tag so thought we get some kind of prank going on. maybe something like npc runs up to you strip you then runs away kind of prank.:D oops.

Wow, it looks fantastic!

Not 100% confirmed. Minor Spoilers

- Quest 1: Sigrid, Alvor, Embry + plot twist people that I'm not gonna spoil

- Quest 2: Olfina Gray-Mane, Jon Battle-Born + plot twist people that I'm not gonna spoil

- Quest 3: Sibbi Black-Briar, Svana Far-Shield, Haelga, Lynly Star-Sung + plot twist people that I'm not gonna spoil 

- Quest 4: Probably center around Aela - 'might' be related to her nickname (I always found her AA story to be slightly underwhelming for probably the single most iconic female character in Skyrim)

- Quest 5: Not decided yet. Could be Serana, but not sure if I want Dawnguard dependency for the first episode.

+ Plus a bunch of radiant stuffs that pick nearby NPCs with a certain criteria: relationshiprank, morality and stuff

What roles do these people play in the quests? You'll find out when you play. Ain't spoiling it :)

my idea for #5 if you do not want Dawnguard dependency in first release would be Mjoll The Lioness instead.

maybe something to do with her and her puppy (Aerin)??

Did I say prank? Where?

Hope that you added a Demonic corruption quest skyrims dradra would make that a good one.

Got a good shot working on the Riften quest. It's a very minor spoiler (the NPC involved is a well-known sloot) so I figured I could post it. 

Hope that you added a Demonic corruption quest skyrims dradra would make that a good one.

In the spoiler above where I mentioned which main characters are in the 5 quests. The one with the nickname is a quest related to a deadric prince.

post-1091843-0-27593900-1495163496_thumb.jpg

Got a good shot working on the Riften quest. It's a very minor spoiler (the NPC involved is a well-known sloot) so I figured I could post it. 

In the spoiler above where I mentioned which main characters are in the 5 quests. The one with the nickname is a quest related to a deadric prince.

Speculation follows

So I'll have a good reason to break out my Moonlight tales mod again and go running in the dark? That'll be fun.

It isn't like we don't have a couple ways and reasons to get those Marks back but one more won't hurt. A little competition with Haelga could be fun too.

Archived