Do you have unreleased mods?

Keltol

Hello Everybody,

Longtime lurker here.  Been here lurking about for about 3.5 years, and I only really post when I have a scripting question.

I am the type of person who only mods for himself, I have about a dozen mods I have made, all unreleased.  Some of them are unfinished, of course.  Many of them I made just to match my specific tastes.  For Example: I love mods like Maria Eden, but I wanted a follower mod that matched more my specific tastes, so I just made one from scratch.  It isn't nearly complex, but it suits what I need it for.  Another reason I haven't released mods are because they harp too much on specific fetishes of mine, like I have a follower quest mod specifically centered completely around spanking.

I am also not the best at making scripts that are friendly to other peoples games, I modify game scripts all the time to get objects to behave a little differently.  I could just duplicate said objects, but alas, laziness.

Anyway, due to: Laziness, Unfinished Mods, Mods Already Similar Being Out, and just being a Reclusive Weirdo.  I never release anything.

It got me thinking, maybe I am not the only one who makes mods just for myself.

So, do you have any unreleased mods?  If you are comfortable enough, would you kindly say what do they do and why didn't you release them?

Thanks Folks,

-Keltol

Hello Everybody,

Many of them I made just to match my specific tastes.

This, for the most part. Usually little bits and bobs tinkered up just to do what I want. Replacers for vanilla equipment using armor mods I liked and still think are thematically appropriate. Small script edits for little things, like a different facial expression. An ESP to change the position of head accessories for non-vanilla races that will affect their placement for all custom races, meaning poor compatibility with other users. Not the kinds of things worth releasing.

I have unreleased stuff but most of that's because the stuff isn't mine to release as I altered something or used someone else mesh files to make the outfit or mod item.

Yeah, sometimes it is way too tempting to take armor from a mod and apply it to yours, especially when you can decorate some NPCs.

I made a fixed apparel mod. It basically allows you to equip anything you want, while your character always looks the same.

That sounds awesome!

Loads, like yourself though most are custom edits for other peoples mods, most of which I simply can not be bothered getting permission to release them, the few that I have released are being posted on my blog here, but seem to be pretty much being ignored which does not really bother me that much.

Only big thing I am working on which I do intend to release is adding the item sorting tags from Valdacil's Item Sorting ;http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5224/?, for sse to oldrim dlc's included, though currently its not too high on my to do list though it is about 80% ish done, mostly at present I am playing, though I am working on converting several player made armours from fallout 4 to work the that versions of hmm what to wear, they mostly are around 10-20% done, and I have no idea when I will get around to doing anything more to them, though to be honest the crafting side of fallout 4 in the ck does my head in.

I made a fixed apparel mod. It basically allows you to equip anything you want, while your character always looks the same.

That sounds a bit like hmm what to wear, or at least the fallout 4 version, not too sure what the skyim one works like.

I have tons of unreleased mods.  But they are just tests.  I'm part of the team that produced Beasts of Tamriel and a list of ther mods.  Anyway, whenever my team says, can you make this creature work in game, I make a test mod to make said creature then test it out in game.  I don't keep the mods running once I've finished the test though.  But I don't get rid of them either becuase, I never know if I have to do more tests or use an asset from one of my earlier tests.

I've made a few personal edits to mods, but I try to share what I can. Off the top of my head, I've tweaked an armor piece that was pointing at the wrong mesh (mentioned it in the mod's thread, and it was fixed in the next version), edited a script to fix a modevent (also mentioned in the thread and fixed in the following version), edited a script in Further Lover's Comfort because I disagreed with a couple of the forced pairings (shared in the thread), and remade the Deadly Wenches/Tera armor patch to use LadyHorus's armors instead (less selection, but it has BodySlide). I'm also considering expanding my DW/Tera patch to include Deviously Cursed Loot's specialty outfits as LadyHorus's set has many heavy armors, but very few light armors and no clothing.

Oh definitely.  I like to make new places to go so I have houses, taverns/brothels, maria friendly inns, etc etc, and a battle mage room at Jorrvaskr.  I haven't released them simply because I can't be arsed to do so. I don't mod in a pristine data folder so i have a lot of loose scripts floating around that i am afraid will end up in a released version. So basically, I'm kinda lazy.

these are screens of the Jorrvaskr battle mage room:

post-231751-0-46878800-1490493210_thumb.jpg  post-231751-0-29914000-1490493419_thumb.jpg

Heck, yes, tonnes of them.  Some are little tweaks such as armour recolors or skin textures, some are done specifically at the request of friends or family to change a few things about their game, some are just things I've done for myself, partly to see if I could.  (Usually it involves scripting, and usually the answer is Nope, I couldn't do it, at least not correctly.  I also have a voiced Khajiit follower/spouse, but he's all special and stuff so I don't wanna share him.

I usually won't release a mod that's "dirty", primarily because such things drive me crazy -- and besides that, some people always seem to try and "clean" a mod that actually is NOT dirty -- when I make a change, it's intended, or I don't release the mod lol.  Cleaning it usually breaks it, and I got tired of people fussing because *they* screwed up my mod (people here don't usually fuss, thank goodness), so I stopped releasing stuff.

I've also got a merchant mod, some armour and weapons mods, and several house mods.  They used to be hosted on that "other" site, but frankly, with their security issues, as well as Bethesda's own legal issues, I took 'em down.  Someday I may "release" them here, though.

But I think everyone who's ever opened the CK probably has one or two things they've done just for themselves.

I had two mods that I didn't release because they had a shit ton of dirty edits and dependencies. First mod turned all animal spawns into chicks, second mod added a suicide bomber summoned follower that explodes when killed.

Then I uninstalled Skyrim and everything was gone. Also releasing the second mod would piss off the FBI aka Illuminati aka Lizard Ayyliens and they would spy on my computers.

I've changed some textures on some stuff to suit my needs. They crop up from time to time in my screenshots. I don't release them for two reasons - I do them for specific characters so seeing them on other peoples' characters would be weird, and I can't be bothered to be sure I have permission to share them. Not that anyone would want them, I'm terrible at textures and only really do recolors, but it works for me, so whatever.

I had two mods that I didn't release because they had a shit ton of dirty edits and dependencies. First mod turned all animal spawns into chicks, second mod added a suicide bomber summoned follower that explodes when killed.

Hmm, chicks as in female or chicks in the cluck cluck, egg laying persuasion, if the second that's kinda weird, but what ever rocks your boat, if the first sounds kinda good, though I seem to remember seeing a mod like somewhere, not too sure if its here or elsewhere though.

Hmm, chicks as in female or chicks in the cluck cluck, egg laying persuasion, if the second that's kinda weird, but what ever rocks your boat, if the first sounds kinda good, though I seem to remember seeing a mod like somewhere, not too sure if its here or elsewhere though.

Chick as in female, but the second option would be great if combined with the explosive chickens mod.

I'm constantly working on something. Most of what I do is taking other peoples stuff and re-tooling it to my particular purposes, and either I'm too lazy to seek permission for a release, or I've deemed it lacking in value to anybody but me. For me Skyrim modding has taken on a sort of meta characteristic - what starts as a tangible desire to see something in game ends up turning into a broader creative exploration project that sometimes goes way beyond Skyrim lol.

Weirdly considering 90% of what I do never sees the light of day, I spend inordinate amounts of my limited spare time making sure everything I work on is fit for public release anyway. For example I  haven't ever and probably never will use a pregnancy mod, but it really irks me that other converters don't allow for them, so I will go through every single slider and make sure none of them clip.

That said, I've just put together a big mashup of all the leather fetish style armor pieces I've ever liked to use - 16 pieces in all. It started out as a retex of Gatti Evil Rose and has mushroomed, following the two-tone theme, so 32 UUNP slider sets total. That's not efficient so having done all that work I'm retooling it for texture sets....sheesh I'm such a fucking idiot...Anyways, my strict goal was that every piece could be worn as part of a 4 or 5 piece set,  so everything had to be carefully adjusted or reshaped to avoid any hint of clipping. And then I have to make sure everything can be made at a forge and tempered, or it's not a complete mod as far as I'm concerned. It's a bigger than average project for something I may end up never releasing.

The irony with hardly ever letting anything out of your iron grip is that you don't get what would likely be valuable feedback.  For all I know nothing I've ever done will work properly for anyone else, because I haven't allowed anybody to test it. Which in my case leads to a lack in confidence in letting it go  :huh:

I'm a massive self-critic, so by the time someone else gets there I've already beaten myself nearly to death over it and I'm not up for anybody else having a crack at me  :P

That sounds awesome!

Thanks.

That sounds a bit like hmm what to wear, or at least the fallout 4 version, not too sure what the skyim one works like.

It works by changing the player skin to a new one with very high priority armor addons. It then changes the armor addon meshes to what you want. Because of the high priority armor addons, anything you equip is basically invisible.

I'm a massive self-critic, so by the time someone else gets there I've already beaten myself nearly to death over it and I'm not up for anybody else having a crack at me  :P

That gets me with everything artistic.  By the time I have published anything I have already told myself its garbage in every way so I get super self conscious.  Its taken me years to relax a little bit with bonus critique.  Its important, but its hard to hear after you already put yourself through the grinder.

Apart from edits to others' mods, I made an NPC replacer. The original intention was to 'prettify' all the NPCs not touched by the replacers I did download - so almost all the farmers, and minor NPCs of smaller settlements. I finished Dragonbridge, Dawnstar and Kynesgrove and then I gave up as my CK started crashing too much. Before that I had made a small collection of my characters into a follower mod - 6 or 7 of them. The problem is my installation was so messed up and my knowledge of modding so limited, that the mods are essentially unreleasable because they depend on a bunch of rubbish mods just to get started and not crash. Hence I don't foresee releasing them.

Archived