Mods like Aether Suite

So I googled Aether suite, and I'm very confused. What exactly is Aether suite? Is it just a collection of modern areas where you can do photoshoots?

Pretty much. You get a spell to teleport to a "hub" area which allows you to access several different spaces, most of them modern-themed.

According to Halo, the Knox portion of it (aka the huge cyberpunk-noir-with-slight-japanese-touches themed city) was originally intended to include some kind of plot, quest or "lore" to it, and even maybe NPCs. The idea was scrapped, though, and all that's left of it are some clues here and there. You can check out the floating text prompts at the Hub, some of the ebooks laying around Knox or the computers in the Library to see what I mean.

There are also two or three "stores" which allow you to buy modern-themed items (female only and built for Halo's own UNPCM body), and there is a "character" you can talk to and get some more background info, albeit not in a conventional way (It's a "talking activator", kinda like the Statue of Mara from Alternate Start). Also the Nightmare part, but that is more of a linear standalone thing.

Then you also have the Japanese high school and the Hot Springs Hotel, which AFAIK are simply scenery for the sake of scenery (though they are pretty well done), and the Photo Studio is intended as, well, a photo studio to take character shots and stuff. Then there are also some older extra cells for photoshoots, and I think that's all.

Archived