BYOH Script (I think!) Issues

Allannaa

I am getting an error message in the CK, and I can't figure out what it means, how to fix it, or even what script it's associated with.

We all know the CK pops up its warning window when it doesn't like something.  This is the text of the one I'm getting:

Cells: Errors were encountered during InitItem for interior cell:
Cell 'BYOHHouse1Falkreath' (02002FEC)

With the usual "check file for more info" and "Yes, No, YesToAll"

First of all, the Warnings file shows not one damned thing other than the same text word for word.  Not a lot of help there, obviously.

Second, here's what I'm trying to do -- I don't like the ugly wood in Skyrim.  So I made a wood texture set for the Wall Shelves; made a new object by Editing, Re-naming, and then adding the appropriate texture set, and finally clicking Okay, and YES to "Create new".

Now, in my invisible holding cell, the shelf works fine and looks awesome. (Making new items or retexturing old ones is something I've been doing since Oblivion.  I just figured I'd put all of my steps in, in case someone sees a glaring error somewhere in my procedure.)

However...

I load (for instance) the BYOHHouse1Falkreath cell, select the ugly wall shelf, and Ctrl + F to replace it.  So far, so good.

I click Save, exit the CK, and load a save with the house built.  The wall shelf is exactly where it should be, has the new texture, looks awesome.  Yay, right?

But no.

I exited the game, shut down and restarted the computer, and restarted the CK.  I loaded the mod, because if that one shelf was right, now I can change the other shelf that drives me bonkers, right?  Or so you'd think.

But now I'm getting the above message.  I can "YesToAll" out of it, and everything's fine and dandy -- the CK doesn't crash, the replacement procedure works fine, the new stuff is where it should be in-game, and looks good.

But... I HATE warning messages in the CK!  To me, it makes a mod feel "dirty" even if the change is, as in this case, intended.

Why am I getting this warning?  Obviously, because I changed something in that cell.  But what do I need to change or "fix" to eliminate the warning in the first place?

I looked through this tutorial and I've tried googling this issue every way I can think of, but most of what I find links me to someone else's mod.  I don't *want* someone else's mod.  I like the Falkreath house.  I just don't want ugly wall shelves in it!

Guest ffabris

No idea what causes that - and similar -  errors, but I've seen it as well. I just always ignored it. CK will give it just loading the base ESMs, so I figure, not my problem. :D

Hmm, the only things I get when loading HF alone with no mods are the usual:

Could not find previous info

Missing sibling found in story manager

So the InitItem message is still making me nuts.  Even if it doesn't matter in the long run, I'd like to know where it is -- script or what? -- so I can at least look at it, even if it can't be changed.

Archived