Senran Kagura Estival Versus PC Hex editing(Body, and making thing invisible)

I do know that the modder that removed the panties from 11 and 31 changed different values than the ones Sizustar used in the original post. Example below.

The files for underwear are in the GameData/Model/Costume/Swim Folder.

Changes for the panties in position 11

00_10_H.cat Values Changed

685 - change 30 to 00

68D - change 30 to 00

00_10_L.cat Values Changed

655 - change 30 to 00

I can also confirm that these values seem to work for all underwear. I haven't tested them all of course, but that could have something to do with frantic mode?

What file are you looking at? I haven't looked at all of them, but every file that I have opened has always shown a value of 30. Which if you want to hide the panties, you need to change it to 00.

I also think that H stands for high quality and L stands for low quality. So, you might not need to edit the L cat files, since you probably wont notice any changes. I assume that the game will only use the low quality models when the characters are very far away?

*Edit* It looks like I mistyped the name for the file in my previous post, should be correct now.

I'd like to make invisible all the undies that I gain from the lottery.

Where are the files location in the folders of the game? Anyone knows how to modify them?

Basically the underwear is ordered by the 4 main squads of girls first. So 00_00_H corresponds to Asuka's underwear, 01_00_H corresponds to Asuka's underwear in a different style, and its the same for 02_00, 03_00, 04_00, and 05_00 all being different styles.

Since Ryouna is last in the list for the 4 main girls her underwear should be 00_19, 01_19, 02_19, 03_19, 04_19, 05_19.

The confusing part is that the underwear goes from 00 to 24 variations, but as I said above, it is ordered first by the 4 main squads or 20 main girls (00-19)

So to select Asuka's underwear in game you would choose 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100. Ryouna is 19, 39, 59, 79, 99, 119. So, if you want to edit underwear 60 in game you would change 03_00_H.cat. To change underwear 99 in game you would edit 04_19_H.cat.

I am not 100% sure who the underwear is for in the 20 to 24 slots in the game files, but it probably has to do with the 3 new girls, Daidouji, and Rin maybe?

And BURA folder? What is that? GameData\Model\Costume\Bura

The prizes from lottery are 120 but some of them are accessories (I hope) , not all bras or panties , am I correct?

I don't know what the Bura folder points to. I could maybe guess, but I would probably be wrong.

I don't have all of the items from the lottery yet, but in the last game, they were all underwear and I imagine that hasn't changed. I have 102 obtained so far, and they have all been underwear.

The lottery is probably one of the worst parts about the game, and I haven't really noticed any real benefit to putting in more than 1 coin in at a time. The odds of success seem really wonky. You can even fail at 100%. I would watch a movie or YouTube or something while you do it.

It's true! In the previous game were all undies, I'm totally fucked!   LOL

The coins? if I remember correctly the other game, with one or two coins, after awhile for the last 10 items you have more than 90% chance of failure

(the percentage is written on the left of the screen,  is a fake at the start  but it's pretty accurate when you miss just a few objects)

I do know that the modder that removed the panties from 11 and 31 changed different values than the ones Sizustar used in the original post. Example below.

Changes for the panties in position 11

00_10_H.cat Values Changed

685 - change 30 to 00

68D - change 30 to 00

00_10_L.cat Values Changed

655 - change 30 to 00

I can also confirm that these values seem to work for all underwear. I haven't tested them all of course, but that could have something to do with frantic mode?

That seems to be the way to do it.  Changing the 30s to 00 is what I'm doing as well.  There doesn't seem to be any need to touch the ID, unless you are reassigning that model to point to another.  I can confirm that the 00_10_H panties work correctly with Frantic mode.

post-78415-0-13414300-1490503810_thumb.png

Just did some batch editing on the _H and _L files for panty removal. If everything seems to work right I can upload them to save others the hassle.

That'd be great.

I'm keen to download something that will make all panties and bras invisible in all situations (Torn clothes, transformations, ninja arts, frantic, etc.)

The best way to do bras, it seems, is editing the costume worn over them. The guys at that Japanese board seem to have worked it out for most of the default costumes (in their default colors only, I think) so that bras don't appear under them. This seems to work in battle as well, to the point that even Frantic mode works completely topless if the right costume is worn.

It looks like editing byte 655 in the xx_xx_L.cat underwear files is all that's necessary for panties to vanish in battle, where the _H files are necessary for special attacks, cutscenes, dressing room, etc. I figure the _H files are for high-res models and _L for low res, but the Japanese edits only look like they edit the _H costume files yet still work in battle. I don't even know how these files work; I'm just following what other people have posted.

Anyways, my edits seem to work across a couple different underwear sets tested, and didn't crash the game, so I'll upload them here shortly for anyone who's interested. If anyone wants the braless mod (which only works across a few dozen default costumes), look here (from this post).

I am pretty sure the bra is linked to the individual outfits, which is going to be a major pain in the ass for editing. You need to editing the outfits in order to make the bra invisible.

Is the data in the same place for each outfit? If it is, it shouldn't be too hard to just batch process all the outfit files to make the change across the board...

Panty-free mod:

-Edits all lingerie sets so panties should be invisible

-Should work across all game modes

-Does not affect bottoms that aren't part of a lingerie set (costumes with panties that cover worn panties, costumes on generic enemies, etc)

-Does not affect bras or other tops (appears that these need to be done on a per-costume basis, rather than per underwear set)

This mod overwrites all data sets in the Gamedata/Model/Costume/Swim folder. Please back up your files prior to installation as these files have not been extensively tested.

Reproducibility:

All files were changed with simple hex edits; if you don't trust downloading large chunks of data from a stranger you can do these edits by hand.

-xx_xx_L.cat:

--Zeroed out byte 655h

-xx_xx_H.cat:

--Zeroed out bytes 8D0-8D1h

--Zeroed out bytes 685h and 68Dh

Password: kagura

Use at your own risk

gamedata_pfm.zip

The data seems to be similar for each outfit, but it is also different for each outfit. So, there probably isn't a way to batch edit and make the bras invisible. It seems to be more about where the data starts. Here are some examples of the values being edited for the various ninja outfits. There does seem to be a bit of a pattern, but I don't have enough knowledge editing hex to make heads or tail of it.

00_00_H

1420 - 36 to 00

1421 - 30 to 00

1450 - 3C to 40

1458 - 3D to 00

1459 - 30 to 00

14C8 - 4D to 00

14C9 - 30 to 00

01_00_H

12E8 - 2D to 31

12F8 - 2F to 00

12F9 - 30 to 00

1334 - 37 to 00

1335 - 30 to 00

20_00_H

1254 - 25 to 29

125C - 26 to 00

125D - 30 to 00

--I think I tried out something else in a failed attempt a couple days ago, and I don't remember if I reverted the files or not. Nothing crashed so hopefully it doesn't matter? 

Just checked it against clean files and the only changes are the ones you mentioned, all good.

Edit: I tried the braless mod linked above and it looks good. Seems to have most of the transformed outfits sorted out. Hopefully they'll manage to get it done for all the outfits eventually.

Looks like I mixed up a couple mods when I was examining things. That topless one above does have most of the transformed outfits, but not the low-res battle models. Unfortunately that means that during missions the bras will still show up, outside of special attacks and whatnot. If I had any idea of how the file structure worked I'd take a look myself, but it's not really something that guesswork is gonna fix.