Simple Slavery auction scene?

So this is the very first time I installed simple slavery mod, so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong even though I do have all the requisite mods that's listed on the page. The mod is also registered in my MCM menu, yet whenever I was knocked out by bandits (or any other faction really) a message box would pop up saying I should wait a few seconds and if it takes too long I should open up the console or something. But then I wouldn't be taken to an auction or anything. I just wake up at the exact same spot where I was knocked out and SD+ would take over. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I'm not even sure if the auction house is a location I can get to by normal means since I read somewhere it's somewhere in Riften but I never found it. The only trace of the mod in Riften for me is a poster about a slave auction house outside of Bee and Barb.

go up to the yarl's house and in the courtyard where the guards are trainning, there is a door, go in and you will start the simple slavery auction. This is in Riften if you didn't know already.  

I actually didn't know where the auction house is.

But that still didn't solve the most important problem I have, which is how do you trigger that auction scene without walking into that house yourself? As I said, as soon as I got beat down by several bandits, the screen would just blackout and came back with SD+ taking over the slavery. There is no transition or any event in the auction house for some reason. 

Take a look in Defeat and DA's options MCM tabs and set it so Simple Slavery is an outcone rather than SD+ enslavement.

It takes a few minutes to go through and make sure everything is correctly registered and set up for probability but it's worth doing.

(although....After Simple Slavery's auction I always end up as a slave of one of the "Masters" hanging around in the auction house if SD+ is the outcome. Being enslaved in the wild by your attacker makes it more fun in my opinion. You can always select which outcomes from Simple Slavery are active, so SD+ is not one of them ...assuming you have other mods for the post auction event^^)

Alrighty, finally got simple slavery to work, but now I'm facing another glitch where I was brought to the platform in front of the cage at the auction and nothing happens. It appears the auctioneer was trying to do something since he kept walking back and forth but nothing ever happens after waiting for over 10 minutes. Is there a way to fix it somehow?

Alrighty, finally got simple slavery to work, but now I'm facing another glitch where I was brought to the platform in front of the cage at the auction and nothing happens. It appears the auctioneer was trying to do something since he kept walking back and forth but nothing ever happens after waiting for over 10 minutes. Is there a way to fix it somehow?

If you have your MCM figured out with DA and Defeat and SD+, make sure SS is as low on the load order as possible.  I always use LOOT but for some reason it puts SS very high in my order.  So I have had to manually move it towards the bottom.  Probably not the best idea, but that was the only way I could get it to work right. I am assuming you have some type of mod to handle the slavery, and have checked it in the MCM under the Simple Slavery MCM, Captured Dreams, Fox Club, Cursed Loot, etc. You only need one for it to work.  

If you have your MCM figured out with DA and Defeat and SD+, make sure SS is as low on the load order as possible.  I always use LOOT but for some reason it puts SS very high in my order.  So I have had to manually move it towards the bottom.  Probably not the best idea, but that was the only way I could get it to work right. I am assuming you have some type of mod to handle the slavery, and have checked it in the MCM under the Simple Slavery MCM, Captured Dreams, Fox Club, Cursed Loot, etc. You only need one for it to work.  

As a matter of fact, SS is at the bottom of my load order. I only have 1 mod that handles slavery, which is SD+ and is checked in the SS MCM menu. Do I have to download more slavery mods for it to work?

SD+ is one of the options so it should take you to whatever  SD+ scenario that has a high % in the MCM. (Set by you in the SD+ MCM). You may want to install another mod that handles slavery, I think there is a list on the Simple Slavery download page that tells you what mods Simple Slavery supports just to see if another mod will get things moving for you.

I always use LOOT but for some reason it puts SS very high in my order.  So I have had to manually move it towards the bottom.  Probably not the best idea, but that was the only way I could get it to work right.

FYI, this is easily fixed. In LOOT, open the settings (three vertical dots) to the right of SS. Choose Edit MetaData, Load After, and then pick a mod that gets sorted late in your load order. Then you never have to think of it again.

SD+ is one of the options so it should take you to whatever  SD+ scenario that has a high % in the MCM. (Set by you in the SD+ MCM). You may want to install another mod that handles slavery, I think there is a list on the Simple Slavery download page that tells you what mods Simple Slavery supports just to see if another mod will get things moving for you.

Ok, so I installed a couple of mods that's recommended on the SS download page but nothing seems to be able to trigger the scene once I get captured and sent to the auction.

As I said before, after I was dragged out of the cage and put onto the platform/rack in front of the crowd, the scene just stops and nothing else happens. It's not about my game not registering the slavery mods but more like the auction scene was stuck at a certain point every single time and couldn't progress. Still looking for a solution. 

I always use LOOT but for some reason it puts SS very high in my order.  So I have had to manually move it towards the bottom.  Probably not the best idea, but that was the only way I could get it to work right.

FYI, this is easily fixed. In LOOT, open the settings (three vertical dots) to the right of SS. Choose Edit MetaData, Load After, and then pick a mod that gets sorted late in your load order. Then you never have to think of it again.

Thanks for the info!!! This is good to know because Loot also keeps putting More nasty Critters below the other included mods, directly opposite the instructions from the mod author..... or above, now I cant remember.

Ok, so I installed a couple of mods that's recommended on the SS download page but nothing seems to be able to trigger the scene once I get captured and sent to the auction.

As I said before, after I was dragged out of the cage and put onto the platform/rack in front of the crowd, the scene just stops and nothing else happens. It's not about my game not registering the slavery mods but more like the auction scene was stuck at a certain point every single time and couldn't progress. Still looking for a solution. 

Sorry I didn't pay better attention to your question,  I thought you were through the bidding process and just not being picked up by another supporting mod.  Unfortunately, I am not good at tearing into a mod, just making sure all the external items and requirements are met.   Maybe just re-installing the mod could help.

Added: Just checking to make sure you have the silent voice mod Fux do dou or something like that, and make sure it is activated.  I use a ez2c dialogue enhancer along with Fuz do dou and it seems to work good.

Sorry I didn't pay better attention to your question,  I thought you were through the bidding process and just not being picked up by another supporting mod.  Unfortunately, I am not good at tearing into a mod, just making sure all the external items and requirements are met.   Maybe just re-installing the mod could help.

Added: Just checking to make sure you have the silent voice mod Fux do dou or something like that, and make sure it is activated.  I use a ez2c dialogue enhancer along with Fuz do dou and it seems to work good.

Yo thank you so much, it turns out I forgot to reinstall that Fuz something something after I reinstalled the game. Everything is running smoothly now thanks to you.

• 1 year later...

So, simple slavery starts, screen fades to black and then comes back inside the cage at the auction house.  Talk to John Randall through the bars. Standard dialogue options, no option that actually starts the auction process.  Clean save, reload, same problem.  Nothing happens,  just wait in the cage for the auction which never occurs.

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2018 at 7:19 PM, jd210 said:

So, simple slavery starts, screen fades to black and then comes back inside the cage at the auction house.  Talk to John Randall through the bars. Standard dialogue options, no option that actually starts the auction process.  Clean save, reload, same problem.  Nothing happens,  just wait in the cage for the auction which never occurs.

Having a similar problem except that I fade to black and the scene comes back and I'm on the podium but nothing happens and I don't know what to do.

• 5 months later...

I have a similar issue to the above. It seems the dialog options for the various characters in the Riften slave market -- the jailer, the auctioneer, the bidders -- never seem to trigger. They just act like regular NPCs. It happens whether I get to the Riften market by walking in the door or coming in as, er, merchandise.

Also, for some reason I haven't figured out, yet, the door to the cage is not connected to the cage -- it is up against the back of the slave being sold on the block when you first enter, what I'd call about "ten feet" from the cage, in the middle of the room.

I've tried several clean restarts, but I'm about to try again. I'll update if the status changes. Thanks!

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Lenistolan said:

I have a similar issue to the above. It seems the dialog options for the various characters in the Riften slave market -- the jailer, the auctioneer, the bidders -- never seem to trigger. They just act like regular NPCs. It happens whether I get to the Riften market by walking in the door or coming in as, er, merchandise.

Also, for some reason I haven't figured out, yet, the door to the cage is not connected to the cage -- it is up against the back of the slave being sold on the block when you first enter, what I'd call about "ten feet" from the cage, in the middle of the room.

I've tried several clean restarts, but I'm about to try again. I'll update if the status changes. Thanks!

You would be well advised to place this question on the Simple Slavery support thread. Since you are new I'm going to give you directions on how to do this which you can ignore if you are already familiar with this.

Go to the page where you downloaded Simple Slavery (these directions work for any mod on LL except you go to that mod's download page). Just below the green "Download" button there is a gray "Get Support" button. Click on this and you will see many pages of questions and answers about this mod in particular. You may be able to find the answer in there without having to ask anywhere. However, if you don't see your answer go to the bottom of any page. There you will see a place where you can type in your question (it should look just like the one you typed in to post here). Type in the question and hit "Submit Reply" and you're golden. Your post will be placed at the very end of the support thread so, if you want to go back to look at it or see if someone has replied you will need to go there.

• 4 months later...
On 1/29/2019 at 6:12 AM, Lenistolan said:

Same problem (

• 4 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, zeyoll said:

I always seem to be released, no matter what i am wearing or the level/perks of my character; I still get released.

Am I doing something wrong?

Simple Slavery just hands you off to other mods, I think the MCM shows you what outcomes are possible, with the ability to adjust probability - if not it's page here lists what mods it can send you to - do you have any of them?

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys,

Having the podium issue - went through the common fixes. But re reading the original mod page it says
Notable note: You must activate SLUTS by speaking to an innkeeper before you go to auction or you will end up just standing on the podium.

Now i have talked to the innkepers but no dialog is there - so im wondering could it mean S.L.U.T.S Redux?