Attempting to remove HDT Effects from an armor...

Darkspine8

Hello there.

So.. I'm taking a wing and assuming this is the right place to post such a request, and please forgive me if I'm wrong, I just didn't see any other forum that fit quite as much as this one.

I'm trying to remove the HDT Support/Effects from a set of armor that I really want to use. It is not a sexual armor, either, infact it's the opposite.

You see, it is this set of armor here; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77315/

What happens is, without HDT, the skirt of the armor screws up and drags hideously onto the ground and to the left. Because of this, I obviously need to either get HDT, or remove the HDT effects that are being used for the skirt.

In short, it uses HDT, and I have followed a guide to try and remove the HDT related nifs in the mesh and then clean it with mesh Rigger, but my journey ends at MEsh Rigger, where it fails to fully clean the mesh and never gives any output file/

I'm really at my wits end. I LOVE this armor, but I don't want to use HDT due to all the problems it's caused me in the past, can anyone assist with de-HDT'ing this armor? I would greatly appreciate the help.

For information, such as what guide I was using, here is the link to the guide; https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4645660-how-to-remove-hdt-pe-dependency/ scroll down a bit to see it. It's by ThraxxMedia.

One way you could possibly go about it is to open it on Outfit studio from Bodyslide, and delete it's associated bones (I do this for metal plates on breasts and never experience problems. Not sure how it'd react to a skirt)(you can always just reinstall the mod).

Exactly what problems have you had? There are numerous fixes and tricks for running HDT smoothly. For one, unpark your CPU to allow multiple core use during the game - ENBoost to maximize ram and VRAM (goes up to at least 4 gigs) - bug fixes v1.1 has a Havok FPS limiter (sometimes high fps can cause stuttering, CTD and all around bad problems. Apparently the physics mechanism utilizes a subengine algorithm separate from event calling).

One way you could possibly go about it is to open it on Outfit studio from Bodyslide, and delete it's associated bones (I do this for metal plates on breasts and never experience problems. Not sure how it'd react to a skirt)(you can always just reinstall the mod).

Exactly what problems have you had? There are numerous fixes and tricks for running HDT smoothly. For one, unpark your CPU to allow multiple core use during the game - ENBoost to maximize ram and VRAM (goes up to at least 4 gigs) - bug fixes v1.1 has a Havok FPS limiter (sometimes high fps can cause stuttering, CTD and all around bad problems. Apparently the physics mechanism utilizes a subengine algorithm separate from event calling).

Oh wow... I JUST did this as a 'i cant take it anymore' measure, I took to the bodyslider studio and removed the skirt bones on the armor outright. It worked, flawlessly.. I don't have a skirt on the armor anymore, but there are no other offending parts. And there's still SOME skirt left out front so it's not just a vanishing piece of cloth.. so I consider that a win!

and as for problems? Well, I feel like HDT was part of what constituted to my game lag overall, (on my previous NMM based installation)

It also caused numerous random, freak CTDs that made a save labeled "hdtphysicsextension" in their wake. All around I felt uneasy with HDT installed and there's also that whole memory leak thing I've heard of that has me on edge from using it.

I must go out of my way however, to thank you for replying.. I was starting to think no one was seeing my post, thank you for trying to help me! ^.^

Archived