Soapy detail :( anyone know why?

sophiextime

Hi.

I seem to have an issue with the detail of anything beyond about 20 feet ingame. It looks all soapy and low detail but as i get close its fine. it seems to just slowly get better not one sudden pop.

I will attach some screenshots to show what i mean. I was in a home in Riverwood and looking at a fur rug on the floor and some hay on the floor too. one shot shows stood a distance away and how the rug, hay and even floorstone is blurry and soapy looking. then as i get close its all detailed and High res.

Is it an ini setting or do i need a mod to fix this? I am running Ultra graphics settings from the Skyrim main menu option and i have a good Nvidia Graphics card and lots or ram. I am also getting a very healthy consistent 60 frames a sec ( FPS) so my game isnt struggling in any other way.

Please help if you can and i would so like to fix this.

Thankyou.

post-661909-0-36723400-1490312646_thumb.jpg

post-661909-0-29690800-1490312650_thumb.jpg

post-661909-0-61365100-1490312654_thumb.jpg

It looks like it's a view distance issue. What mods are you running and did you manually modify the ini files of Skyrim ?

Oh i fixed it. oh my gosh like 200% better!

Basically what i did was go into MyGames > Skyrim and copied both ini files there.

Then i went into my Common> Skyrim> Mod Organiser > profiles and then replaced the ini files that was in that profile with the copied ones from the main skyrim folder.

my thinking is that the main steam game ini files are used by the steam skyrim and the Mod Organiser has its own ini files so no matter what i change in the steam ini's it wont make any different to my skse game as that runs from MO and MO uses its own ini files.

So now my game is sooooooo detailed and sharp and pretty! AND i still run the same 60 FPS steadily!

Only thing i am worried about is if any of my mods i use relied on the MO ini files. I havent seen any wierdness yet but i dont know what mods would be effected by what i have done. Its running fine and so far only good things have come from that.

Only one small thing is that in first person i seem taller, like my view is higher. i was stood next to Belathor in Riverwood and i was taller than him. 3rd person seems fine.

Anyone know how to lower the eye level of 1st person view?

It looks like it's a view distance issue. What mods are you running and did you manually modify the ini files of Skyrim ?

Basically what i did was go into MyGames > Skyrim and copied both ini files there.

Then i went into my Common> Skyrim> Mod Organiser > profiles and then replaced the ini files that was in that profile with the copied ones from the main skyrim folder.

my thinking is that the main steam game ini files are used by the steam skyrim and the Mod Organiser has its own ini files so no matter what i change in the steam ini's it wont make any different to my skse game as that runs from MO and MO uses its own ini files.

So now my game is sooooooo detailed and sharp and pretty! AND i still run the same 60 FPS steadily!

Only thing i am worried about is if any of my mods i use relied on the MO ini files. I havent seen any wierdness yet but i dont know what mods would be effected by what i have done. Its running fine and so far only good things have come from that.

Only one small thing is that in first person i seem taller, like my view is higher. i was stood next to Belathor in Riverwood and i was taller than him. 3rd person seems fine.

As long as you start your game via MO, and your mods are installed in MO, everything should be fine. A potentially conflict i see is with stuff that can't be installed (only) in MO, like ENBs.

No idea about the first person view, though. Sometimes i wish i had the same problem, my short Breton often has problems to aim on stuff on cabinets. ;)

As long as you start your game via MO, and your mods are installed in MO, everything should be fine. A potentially conflict i see is with stuff that can't be installed (only) in MO, like ENBs.

No idea about the first person view, though. Sometimes i wish i had the same problem, my short Breton often has problems to aim on stuff on cabinets. ;)

haha! well i play a young female blonde Nord who is kinda petite so when in 1st person it makes me really tall its a bit off-putting.

I dont use any ENB's and all mods i use are in MO so fingers crossed its fine. Its just that i think sometimes i see in Mod descriptions it mentioning that they sometimes change ini settings. I cant remember where i saw that though.

But so far its working fine.

Archived