Question about actor positioning when centering on a reference

I'm working on a mod where the player can perform a sex ritual for rewards. There is an altar in the ritual chamber that I need the actors to have sex on. I have two markers around the altar for animations to center on: one on top for centering lengthwise bed-friendly animations (missionary, doggy), and another perpendicular one at the altar's base for centering table animations (where the male is standing on the ground in front and the female is up on a table). The bed works just fine, but I just can't get the table ones to line up properly. They either move so that the male is standing on top of the altar with the female in midair, or where both actors are at the correct level but far behind the altar (100+ units). I'm assuming that this is based on the altar's collision, but I can get individual animations to look right by adjusting the positions in the SexLab MCM. Is there a way to just force the actors to center where I want despite collision?

I would check first if the collisions are the actual problem by removing them from the .nif file of the alter. If the actors are then positioned correctly you could use a script to disable and enable one of the yellow collision boxes that are placeable in the creation kit to make sure that the altar has collisions when no scene is being played and vice versa.

Not sure if this is the most elegant solution, but it should work if the collisions are indeed the problem.

I would check first if the collisions are the actual problem by removing them from the .nif file of the alter. If the actors are then positioned correctly you could use a script to disable and enable one of the yellow collision boxes that are placeable in the creation kit to make sure that the altar has collisions when no scene is being played and vice versa.

Not sure if this is the most elegant solution, but it should work if the collisions are indeed the problem.

I have no idea how to use NifSkope. Every time I've attempted it, it's been a crashfest.

Archived