I'm utilizing a very large number of mods, but am having trouble with one specific mod. SLIF. I fully admit that this is user error, but I'm at a loss as to where I'm going wrong. 

The actual issue I'm having is that my character scales just fine, the inflation updates perfectly, but, none of the npc's do. I'm using Mod Organizer and I've used LOOT to check my load order, and I've created a Bashed Patch for all installed mods. When generating my body files in Bodyslide I did check to generate body morphs, and I've tried using 0%, 100% and 1000% for NIO override for NPCs, but with no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

loadorder.txt

Papyrus.0.log

Wrye bash is used to create bashed patches I don't see how that will help you but if you're using it to created bashed patches I would suggest that you do that anyway it merges leveled lists. Leveled lists are lists that add things dynamically into the game if one mod updates the same list then they won't be compatible but bashed patches makes this possible.

SLIF is a management tool for weights and things I haven't really used it myself although it looks like its well maintained Racemenu uses NIO which can effectively handle every weight distribution on its own and it seems to have become the goto. 

My suggestion is to do this:

1.) Uninstall SLIF

2.) For beeing female Scaling -  Open MCM Select in weight options I think ("skeleton(nio) or ni-override")

3.) For Fill her up Scaling - Download THIS follow download instructions (install this FillHerUp-v2.00-9.7z and install on top FillHerUp 2 Beta NIO release 1.12.7z)

everything else should basically be compatible such as estrus etc etc.

Wrye bash is used to create bashed patches I don't see how that will help you but if you're using it to created bashed patches I would suggest that you do that anyway it merges leveled lists. Leveled lists are lists that add things dynamically into the game if one mod updates the same list then they won't be compatible but bashed patches makes this possible.

SLIF is a management tool for weights and things I haven't really used it myself although it looks like its well maintained Racemenu uses NIO which can effectively handle every weight distribution on its own and it seems to have become the goto. 

1.) Uninstall SLIF

2.) For beeing female Scaling -  Open MCM Select in weight options I think ("skeleton(nio) or ni-override")

3.) For Fill her up Scaling - Download THIS follow download instructions

Thank you so much!

I'll give that a try and let you know how that works out.

No problem as I said NIO is the most supported scaling and all if not most use NIO older mods that use older scaling methods either aren't supported anymore or have had patches created for them.

EDIT: Make sure you install the fill her up in the order I edited above those files.

If every mod that uses scaling uses NIO then they wont fight over eachother, what other mods do you have that use scaling? Did you do your tests on a new save?9

If 

Say your belly value is 1.00

beeing female add +0.2

Fill Her up add +2.0

Your value would be 3.2 

Meaning it adds and takes away they wont fight.

EDIT:

You're also using Soulgem oven I never used that mod it supports NIO just make sure its selected in MCM if it has an option.

The mods I'm using are Fill Her up, Estrus Chaurus and the spider addon, EggFactory, Milk Mod, Soul Gem Oven, Beeing Female, Devious Devices Integraion (not sure if that one counts but SLIF has scripts for it so I assume it does), and Deadly Drain. I'm currently going through them to see if one or more of them don't use NIO, but I'll try testing on a new save now.

Mods I know use NIO:

- Beeing Female - MUST be enabled through MCM

- Fill Her UP  - Have to use compatibility patch

- Milk Mod - Uses NIO automatically

- Estrus Chaurus - Uses NIO automatically Make sure you use the one by Bane Master

Devious Devices has no scaling at all.

Mods that say that they use NIO that I haven't tested myself:

- Egg Factory  - Check MCM

- Soul Gem Oven - Check MCM

- Deadly Drain - Says it requires racemenu so I assume it uses NIO ive used it myself very little though without issue.

1.) Uninstall SLIF

3.) For Fill her up Scaling - Download THIS follow download instructions

Thank you so much!

I'll give that a try and let you know how that works out.

Note: SLIF itself uses NIO too, it afaik has some more/better options than NIO itself so that shouldn't be the thing. But if a (still supported) mod doesn't work like expected, it's usually helpful to ask in the support topic so the modder can answer your questions himself and recognize problems if it's actually a bug and not on your side.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this one guys. I did ask in the mods support topic, but was asked to create this one instead because I had bigger problems at first. I do really like SLIF and all of its features, but I still can't for the life of me figure out why it's not working on NPCs but it is working on the player character. so for the time being I'm going sanz SLIF until I can figure it out.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this one guys. I did ask in the mods support topic, but was asked to create this one instead because I had bigger problems at first. I do really like SLIF and all of its features, but I still can't for the life of me figure out why it's not working on NPCs but it is working on the player character. so for the time being I'm going sanz SLIF until I can figure it out.

Well, they were right. I'm not sure how critical all the errors in your log are, that a mod throws >20 errors in less than one second might be worse than the actual errors (isSpellKnown), but i can tell you that this load order most likely will break more sooner or later. It's way too much too script heavy and partly unstable mods. Don't get me wrong, you can play all of them (those i know at least), but not all of them at once.

For once i would exclude A Forsworn Story & dependencies /suggestions and play that without much else. No Frostfall, no cursed loot, no Captured Dreams (not sure if DD was a requirement, remove that too in case it isn't). It's a great mod but it also breaks easily. Play it with it's recommendations like untamed and maybe 1 or 2 other Delzarons mods in a new game.

I think the save you're currently playing is broken (things don't work anymore), your log has >500KB in ~2 minutes, i often consider my save broken if the log gets >1MB in 1-2 hours. Starting a new game for any other mods you want to play is probably faster than trying to repair that save. Most likely other things will break as well with that modlist.

Well, they were right. I'm not sure how critical all the errors in your log are, that a mod throws >20 errors in less than one second might be worse than the actual errors (isSpellKnown), but i can tell you that this load order most likely will break more sooner or later. It's way too much too script heavy and partly unstable mods. Don't get me wrong, you can play all of them (those i know at least), but not all of them at once.

For once i would exclude A Forsworn Story & dependencies /suggestions and play that without much else. No Frostfall, no cursed loot, no Captured Dreams (not sure if DD was a requirement, remove that too in case it isn't). It's a great mod but it also breaks easily. Play it with it's recommendations like untamed and maybe 1 or 2 other Delzarons mods in a new game.

I think the save you're currently playing is broken (things don't work anymore), your log has >500KB in ~2 minutes, i often consider my save broken if the log gets >1MB in 1-2 hours. Starting a new game for any other mods you want to play is probably faster than trying to repair that save. Most likely other things will break as well with that modlist.

I do get random CTDs once in a while, so it must be much worse than I thought. I think I'll definitely take your advice. Maybe after removing some of the less stable mods, I'll try SLIF again and see if those errors were the root of the problem. Such a shame. I really like the mod combinations I have. But, I suppose that that's what Mod Organizers profiles are for haha.

I do get random CTDs once in a while, so it must be much worse than I thought. I think I'll definitely take your advice. Maybe after removing some of the less stable mods, I'll try SLIF again and see if those errors were the root of the problem. Such a shame. I really like the mod combinations I have. But, I suppose that that's what Mod Organizers profiles are for haha.

The worst part is that every script is baked into your save - simply removing the mod won't fix that. You can try to make a clean save, but there is no guarantee that will really remove everything, not even with a save game cleaner.

The worst part is that every script is baked into your save - simply removing the mod won't fix that. You can try to make a clean save, but there is no guarantee that will really remove everything, not even with a save game cleaner.

That's ok though. By now, with how long I've been modding for, I'm used to starting all over again, so it's really not too big of an issue for me. Plus, it's kind of fun to start again and choose a different route with how you play and use the mods you do have.

• 3 months later...

Cant seem to get any inflation to work at all with SLIF

However, inflation works just fine without SLIF, however I still get the same old NIO scale fighting issue.

Yes, I have all of the latest mods up to date including their patches, yes all of my bodies have tri files baked into their meshes for nio support, but no inflation occurs at all, even when mods like FHU or HP are actively affecting a NPC, regardless of unique or not, and it will not work if just FHU or HP is affecting an actor.

Load order

Estrus Chaurus+ 4.32

Estrus Spider+  4.31-2

Kyne's Blessing

Hentai Pregnancy 1.19g (NIO patch)

Hentai Pregnancy Children+Soulgems

Hentai Pregnancy Children+Soulgems RSC

Hentai Pregnancy Milk Hearthfire

Fill Her Up 1.0

Fill Her Up 2.009

Fill Her Up 1.12 NIO Patch

SLIF 1.1.4g AiO installer with needed patches for non-natively supported mods above.

However, inflation works just fine without SLIF, however I still get the same old NIO scale fighting issue.

Yes, I have all of the latest mods up to date including their patches, yes all of my bodies have tri files baked into their meshes for nio support, but no inflation occurs at all, even when mods like FHU or HP are actively affecting a NPC, regardless of unique or not, and it will not work if just FHU or HP is affecting an actor.

Load order

Estrus Chaurus+ 4.32

Estrus Spider+  4.31-2

Kyne's Blessing

Fill Her Up 1.0

Fill Her Up 2.009

SLIF 1.1.4g AiO installer with needed patches for non-natively supported mods above.

SLIF is a nice mod giving you a TON of control over how stuff scales, but it can be confusing to set up.

NiO eliminates scale fighting. So if you have scale fighting, then SOMETHING isn't using NiO. If you toss a NetImmerse mod into the mix with a bunch of NiO mods, you'll get fighting. With ALL NiO mods.... no fighting. 

Load order

Estrus Chaurus+ 4.32

Estrus Spider+  4.31-2

Kyne's Blessing

Fill Her Up 1.0

Fill Her Up 2.009

If this is your load order for your folders in Mod Organizer then the patch should be placed below to overwrite.

1.) You don't need the original Fill Her up 1.0 read the instruction before downloading a mod this is probably where most of your problems arise not reading.

2.) I haven't used hentai pregnancy but is an older abandoned mod which I am pretty sure beeing female does better in every way this mod is probably the reason you're having issues.

3.) You do not need SLIF uninstall it.

4.) I assume you must have missed how to install estrus chaurus properly http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1033-estrus-chaurus/

look under required mods and versions you need to install estrus for skyirm and allow estrus chaurus to overwrite

5.) NIO or (NetImmerseOverride) is the go to scaling option now, it requires you to download NIO or for you to have Racemenu installed which already

contains it.

6.) If the version on that is correct you're not using the latest Estrus Spider add-on.

This really isn't that difficult to understand say you get pregnant then your belly grows well first off you know its hentai pregnancy that is causing the scaling, but then say you have sex and you get bigger you then know the FHU is causing the scaling. Now if the scaling starts fighting with each other then guess what those two mods are creating the issue and one of them isn't using the same scaling.

-------------------------------------------------

Double check if you're not getting any scaling whatsoever

- you have a compatible skeleton

- you have a body that has a belly node

- you have mods that add NIO scaling

- you have Racemenu or NetImmerseOverride

Archived