Good Adult Games to support on Patreon?

JDMMk3

There are several great games on patreon. The problem is patreon's model of support. The recurring monthly donations become ludicrously expensive too quickly. If we take into consideration that most of the developers only give special access to patreons who donate at least U$ 5,00 a month (sometimes two times that), then you can easily spend the equivalent to an AAA game in less than a year. And that's for just one partial game. If you support all of those you like you can go bankrupt in the same time. I'd rather a one time donation that would give me access to  a fixed number of new version, for example. 

• 1 month later...

Well, since i do have a patreon game, and i believe it is a good one, have a look:

https://www.patreon.com/Magma

Also there is a free version available at:

http://fightclubreborn.tk/FightClub/FightClub.html

By the way, Version 0.7 has just been released with the following change-log:

Overview: Big patch with emphasis on Prison :) 

Specifics:   

Revamped endings

Corrupt cops

Nightmares for those that let Alice find their worst fears... 

New custom images, more than 10 for this patch only

Jail path completed for the most part. 

Twin roses Expanded up until the main event

Gym path finished

Cheers.

Magma

• 1 month later...

Kickstarter had a much nicer funding model, in my opinion.

100% disagree, Kickstarter as the name suggests is used to kickstart projects that don't exist, Patreon requires something to exist and since money is not upfront, the developer needs to constantly work on it otherwise people will leave.

Kickstarter had a much nicer funding model, in my opinion.

100% disagree, Kickstarter as the name suggests is used to kickstart projects that don't exist, Patreon requires something to exist and since money is not upfront, the developer needs to constantly work on it otherwise people will leave.

I have seen plenty of patreon projects which do not exist yet or where people are dissatisfied with the releases.

And, I have seen plenty of patreon projects which do exist but which get basically no funding. Though the reasons for that are many and complex, the issues which correspond to people getting paid often do not correspond to people producing something nor producing something good.

Anyways, patreon is basically a subscription model, and makes sense for things people would subscribe to. It gets awkward for projects producing something like a game (though, is true, kickstarter can also be awkward there).

Archived