SSE Making a UNP Armors React and be recognized by body slide.

For a few Hours now I have been attempting to make the Armor replacer "UNP Armor and Clothing Replacer" recognize and allow me to morph the

UNP armors it comes with. 

Did manage to get the body itself to work but could not get the armors to change. Tried a lot of different armor replacers From normal Skyrim and Skyrim SE in Skyrim SE Using both nmm and Mod Manager 2. Then when that didn't work I attempted to change The Armor itself in Outfit Studio. I couldn't get it to work but I suspect that it was my own fault. 

I don't care How technical your response is please just tell me how to fix this or point me to the resources that explain how to fix this. I cannot seem to find a decent tutorial anywhere either written or video

• 10 months later...

I've been casually researching this myself. I believe the reason the armor is not showing up is no one has defined the required Slider Set in ordered to run the Batch conversion. (Someone more knowledgeable or experienced can check me on this!) Some armors and clothes do have these, but you will need to install them in order to have them available in Body Slide/Outfit Studio. Some outfits on Nexus do have them, and for Bathsheba too, as that is the body I'm currently using myself. There are not many though, hope this helps.

First, I don't use NMM, I went with MO2 instead, but if memory serves me right some of the guides were written using NMM. Should be about the same for both.

Links

Body Conversions for Skyrim Using BodySlide, Outfit Studio

The above also makes use of a thread here on LL: [Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

In order for any armors or clothes to show up in Body Slide they will need to have those sliders for that armor or clothing defined. If they are not defined and provided for that armor or clothing item, that's where Outfit Studio comes in. See the drop down section titled TERMINOLOGY: in the guide here on LL to review for yourself the terms used. Here's some of the ones posted there:

Reference Body
In Outfit Studio, a reference body refers to the body you would like to tailor your outfit to or copy bone weights from.
This can be a pre-made slider set from an *.xml file, in which case it will have sliders/morphs associated with it.
Or it can be a *.nif shape, in which case it will not have sliders/morphs.

Conversion Reference/Set
A reference body with attached sliders that transforms it from one body type to another.
Outfit Studio ships with such for the most used ones.

Custom Body
An unofficial term I have come up with to describe body shapes that do not have a built in conversion reference.
Examples: UNPBO, Litheria, CBBE3M, CBBEMangaBody.

BodySlide Preset
Also sometimes called just a preset, this refers to the slider values that you defined yourself using the BodySlide tool and
clicked 'Save Preset' button. The *.xml files can be found and/or should be saved under "CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderPresets".

Slider Set
This term refers to the sliders that show up on the right hand of the screen in Outfit Studio, or the main tools used in BodySlide.
The data for these can be found under "CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\<Outfit Name>".
It contains a base *.nif file on which the morphs from the slider data as *.bsd files are applied.

Highlight/Edit Slider
There is a distinct difference of "Highlight/edit the slider" and "move/set the slider".
The latter is not an editable configuration, while the former allows you to edit the morph for that slider at various different percentage values.
You edit a slider when it is highlighted in purple. This temporarily stores the changes made, and when the project is saved, the morph is permanently stored in a *.bsd file for that particular slider and shape.

Outfit Group (Group Name)
The name of the *.xml file contained in "CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderGroups" that links outfits together in groups.
This is important, because it is what is used to filter/organize your outfit slider sets, as well as your body presets and what is built with the batch build feature.

Archived