Selfmod questions: Skeletons, Setnode and Weight, oh my.

SexDwarf2250

I am battling the damned neck gap with a custom script I use for SLUtil1. It can change weight as a result of of sex easily, but of course it leaves neck gaps. It can also use nioverride to adjust nodes, so if anyone can answer some of these questions, I would be grateful. I don't understand much about the connection between skeletons/setnode and weight.

A. Can you change the neck size using NiOverride to counteract the gap-creating effects of an overall weight change?

B. Can you change any slider present in Bodyslide?

C. Is there a way to change all the weight at once in a way that avoids the gap? I notice Bodyslide has some aggregate sliders.

Setting the weight of any NPC to something different than what it's listed in their NPC entry data will cause a neck seam and the Grey Face Bug. Nothing to be done about it, it's hardcoded into the engine. The player is free from this limitation because the game generates their face data on runtime, but it's a PC-only deal.

You can indeed alter Bodyslide sliders ingame using scripts, as evidenced by the CBBE/UUNP sliders for Bodyslide available in the Bodyslide installer. It only works on females and with Bodyslide-compatible outfits, though, and requires the user to generate the .tri files alongside the meshes (aka tick the "Build Morphs" checkbox before generating the outfits).

You could mimic weight changes using Bodyslide sliders to make the body bigger/curvier (for weight increase) or slimmer (for decrease) or whatever effect you want to achieve. See WeightMorphs for such an example.

Setting the weight of any NPC to something different than what it's listed in their NPC entry data will cause a neck seam and the Grey Face Bug. Nothing to be done about it, it's hardcoded into the engine. The player is free from this limitation because the game generates their face data on runtime, but it's a PC-only deal.

You can indeed alter Bodyslide sliders ingame using scripts, as evidenced by the CBBE/UUNP sliders for Bodyslide available in the Bodyslide installer. It only works on females and with Bodyslide-compatible outfits, though, and requires the user to generate the .tri files alongside the meshes (aka tick the "Build Morphs" checkbox before generating the outfits).

You could mimic weight changes using Bodyslide sliders to make the body bigger/curvier (for weight increase) or slimmer (for decrease) or whatever effect you want to achieve. See WeightMorphs for such an example.

Thank you. You may not know this, but any idea where can I find documentation on what name to call the nodes by?

Archived