3DS Max/Skyrim custom clothing is stretched in game

MikeJones84

I don't know where in the process I went wrong but my custom clothing appears all stretched in-game, but it looks fine in nifskope and the CK.

In 3DS Max I simply used a skin wrap modifier with the female body, I didn't edit any weights. I selected "Face Deformation" and "Weight all Points" in the skin wrap. When I export I select my mesh and all bones and then Export->Selected, and I leave all export settings at the defaults.

It must have something to do with the skeleton and/or skin modifier. One thing I noticed is that there are two skeletons in the Meshes folder, skeleton.nif in Character assets and female_skeleton.nif in female character assets. When I import either of these separate from the body then the skin wrap doesn't add any bones. I have to use whatever skeleton is imported with the female body(which is UNP).

Any help?

Screenshot

post-669970-0-87683200-1490037749_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Here is some more info that might help:

- I am using this version of niftools http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5622/?

- I am setting the body part to 32_Body in both nifskope and the CK

- I have tried exporting both the clothing + body, and the clothing without the body, same result either way

- I am using the _0 body and character weight is set to the minimum in-game

- I am using the same import/export settings in 3DS Max that are used in every tutorial I have seen

What could be wrong with the skeleton? As for weights, like I said I just used a skin wrap to make the weights for me. I didn't make any other adjustments. This is so frustrating because I feel like I'm not doing anything wrong. I downloaded a UNP clothing mod and compared the nif to my own in nifskope and they are practically identical.

Just another bump. Sorry if I'm being a nuisance but I'm really desperate to figure this out. The whole reason I installed windows was to mess with modding Skyrim again and I'm just stuck here.

I swear I have tried everything. I've looked at a ton of forums posts with similar problems, but haven't found anything helpful. A few years ago I was creating armors/clothing with no problems at all, now I get this issue with both max 2012 and 2015. I even tried various versions of the niftools.

Here is another screenshot where I exported the skeleton+body+my mesh. My mesh is just a simple underwear. It's the grey part of that mess.

Oh, I also deleted the character assets folder and had steam re-download them. Then I reinstalled UNP and RaceMenu. The body and skeleton should be clean so the problem must be elsewhere.

post-669970-0-21328600-1490195693_thumb.jpg

Archived