I need to speak with a skilled texture artist about a simple request.

Texture artists who know how to fix your issue aren't going to PM you to ask directly because they get exactly 0 out of doing that other than wasted time. If you don't state your request publicly, no one will ever consider it.

Texture artists who know how to fix your issue aren't going to PM you to ask directly because they get exactly 0 out of doing that other than wasted time. If you don't state your request publicly, no one will ever consider it.

Okay, I changed it.

Better, but you really need to to give someone a reason to care. Posting a picture of the piece would be a good start.

Remember to give clear info, and try to get across why your thing is so exciting and interesting that people will want to work for you for free. Otherwise, your request won't be heard in the background noise of all the many, many similar requests.

And also, even if someone isn't interested or can't help you, if you give details and show your ideas then they can read it and get inspired. We're all hear because we love hearing other peoples ideas, so share them!

It needs to be textured. How? What color? Should it be worn and ancient? Should if have patterns, engraving, embossing, filligree, anything else that would be part of the texture and not the mesh? Posting a picture of the kind of thing you're going for would be a good start.

What kind of help do you need with it? Do you want some tips to make it look more real? Do you want to know how to make a good gemstone shader? Have you already made the texture, and just need help exporting it to work in-game?

I can certainly help you with any of that.

Better, but you really need to to give someone a reason to care. Posting a picture of the piece would be a good start.

Remember to give clear info, and try to get across why your thing is so exciting and interesting that people will want to work for you for free. Otherwise, your request won't be heard in the background noise of all the many, many similar requests.

And also, even if someone isn't interested or can't help you, if you give details and show your ideas then they can read it and get inspired. We're all hear because we love hearing other peoples ideas, so share them!

It needs to be textured. How? What color? Should it be worn and ancient? Should if have patterns, engraving, embossing, filligree, anything else that would be part of the texture and not the mesh? Posting a picture of the kind of thing you're going for would be a good start.

What kind of help do you need with it? Do you want some tips to make it look more real? Do you want to know how to make a good gemstone shader? Have you already made the texture, and just need help exporting it to work in-game?

I can certainly help you with any of that.

I sent you a PM.

I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to help.

It's a very simple and easy request.

Archived