CTD When Crouching

MsOtaku

This is driving me insane. I have been playing for at least 6 hours without a problem. I have SSX installed and had my PC get down and dirty with Farkas before and after joining The Companions. Their relationship went up fast and I got to recruit him as a follower before finishing the Companions quest line and took him with me to Bleakfalls Barrow (sp?). Every single time I crouched I would CTD.

The reason I mentioned what happened with Farkas was because I have been searching the interwebz like crazy and two things popped up. One: Wearable Lanterns. And Two: AFT and recruiting people that are not meant to be followers OR your followers have wearable lanterns.

I LOVE Wearable Lanterns and can't live without them, but I uninstalled it - which caused an error with Vividian ENB because there was a patch associated with said lanterns. So I reinstall Vividian without the patch for the Wearable Lanterns, reconfigure some stuff in my .ini, get back in game, crouch, and I CTD immediately.

I remember this happening a while back and thought it was because of some custom armor I had bought from the Apachii Divine Elegance Store mod, uninstalled it and all was working well for a while.... then the crouching and CTDs came back. And Yes, I had Farkas and Serana with me as followers before they were available to be followers and my PC was the only one wearing a lantern.

So, is my problem the lanterns or making followers out of NPCs that are really not supposed to follow you yet? It's pretty much 70% Lanterns and 30% AFT followers all over the internet on what is causing this problem.

I can't enable Papyrus because it causes my game to CTD all the time so all I have are my load orders. I have one from LOOT and one from MO. Both are so different and don't show my exact load order the way it is shown in the MO window pane. I'd really appreciate some help - this is making me go mad.

Also, LOOT and TES5Edit do not show any conflicts so that's why I'm at a real loss. Thanks in advance.

LOOT Load Order.txt

MO Load Order.txt

Did you try rerunning FNIS ? Sometimes people have trouble when switching between profiles with it.

Do you use a save game cleaner ? Tried running it ?

Yep. Every time I uninstall or install something animation-wise or crash after an animation I always run FNIS. I always have SKSE dumps in my Overwrite folder in MO when I CTD from an animation.

I dismissed Farkas, re-installed Wearable Lanterns, and I'm still crashing the second I crouch. It only happens in a cave/dungeon and never outdoors - even if it's night and my PC has the lantern equipped.

I haven't installed any new lighting overhaul or ENB and with so many people saying it's either the Lantern or AFT.... I just don't know. I don't know if my game is corrupt now. SaveTool says everything is okay, but who knows.

The odd thing is that I have used console commands to make certain NPCs followers before I started using SSX (I'm not blaming that mod) and never had crouch/ctd crashes. I've always used AFT, too.

I had the same problem of ctd when crouching. And it was Facelight plus, with the option of turning off the light when crouching and using followers. Deactivate auto off and no more ctd in my case.

Sorry for my English

Holy crap! I never thought of that. I put Facelight on all of my followers and Farkas did have it at the time! I'm going to get him back and try what you suggested. Thank you very much! xoxo

EDIT: Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! Facelight plus was the culprit. I just spent hours in a dungeon with Farkas, I had my lantern equipped and deactivated the auto off thingy and it worked!!! No more CTDs! :D

Archived