Mass Effect Andromeda - General Discussion

So ... the reception thus far seems mixed. Not all as bad as you would expect after the other now closed thread though, combat for example seems to be a lot of fun.

And the mission structure, while borrowing heavily from that tiresome Ubisoft "clear the map markers and unlock & expand bases" formula plus DA:I busywork, doesn't sound that bad either. As I'm hearing it many missions are intertwined with each other, giving it a more organic feel than DA:I. Is that about right? Does anyone want to comment on quest structure?

And how's crafting? I gather that the UI is shit but the mechanics and content to it beside that, how are they?

I'm still curious about this game. If I buy it then probably at a reduced price (like secondhand). And I guess I won't expect a Mass Effect game, seems more like another Ubisoft open world clone, just with a more interesting setting this time. Which would be good enough for paying half the price I guess, I don't play Assassins Creed like games that often, so I could stomach another braindead fun romp. And since Horizons Zero Dawn sadly is unavailable for me (don't own a PS4 and won't buy one either) I could as well try this.

Assumed combat is indeed fun... Is it?

I don't think you can get to the point of actually unlocking bases just yet, the most I've seen is a location where you could build a base, and several forward stations that seem to serve as basic save points in a way where you can alter your loadout. 

Crafting has somewhat confused me so far, I don't really get what I'm unlocking when I do research since it didn't show up anywhere in my UI though the actual crafting and stuff is alright, the materials system isn't too complicated and they're pretty easy to get though they're not throwing everything at you, you do still have to search around for specific crafting ingredients. 

I haven't played the combat system enough to really know yet but it feels fun, I like being able to mix and match from different skill sets since it does feel somewhat more realistic than simply being an Infiltrator without the ability to use Biotics or anything else; though the way they explained it via AI profiles is pretty idiotic rather than making it more of a jack-of-all-trades situation where the player has trained into multiple fields.

The only real criticism I have so far without being able to play the entire game is the character customisation system and the facial animations, both aren't really deal breakers for me since I'm more into it for the story than anything else. 

Edited by Veniat

actually i dont think i post that topic now that i thought about it but i could of sworn i did oh well

ps i did a google search and i did post a topic about it. i get an error about it not being found and or i dont have permission so whats going on:/

lol. Oh, what a world we live in. When positive comments need policing. But fine. Have it your way. I won't interrupt the circle jerk of negativity anymore.

Well, 

lot of silliness in this thread. ignorant silliness mostly.

was definitely a bad start. 

Followed by general praise of the game with no actual reasoning behind it. Whatever you intentions were, the post itself looks as an attempt to start a forum drama and nothing more. It is like a fan-boy mission in the enemy's camp. If you like the game and want to share what is it you like I believe most people will appreciate it. If it is not delivered like "hey there stupid people, let me tell you how things really are cause you are too dumb and blind to see". 

Most people in the other thread are not haters but disappointed fans. 

Eh, I've been playing it a bit on and off. It's alright. Sad that the majority of the romances were obviously not given as much care and thought as Cora's. Excited to see where people go with possible hair or casual outfit mods though. I hope it's possible to edit with the game to get the Pathfinder Casual Outfit (came with the Deluxe / Super Deluxe Edition) for those of us who didn't feel like spending more on a special edition. I miss femShep and Garrus a lot too :(

The game's pretty great.    It's just really suffering from some bugs,  a few design choices (3 active abilities limit,  cooldowns when swapping profiles,  lack of finality / goals / end points (and nudity) with most romance lines,  weak weapons and long cooldowns),   and what feels like deliberate sabotage of female faces, including evidence that seems to actually support that not-so-conspiracy theory. 

It's not a bad game though,  people give it 0/10's out of spite,  it's petty.  It's no less than a 6 at the very worst,  while to me it'd a 7 sometimes,  8 most the time when I'm enjoying myself. 

It probably helps though that I took my time and made a good looking character,  so I wasn't stuck looking at the default Sara's cartoon mug.

LUk4eqb.png

KzikeDq.png

mMoZMaK.png

oLCOFhg.png

(I have a potato PC,  so I run on lowest settings.  Screenshots suffer for that.)

Protip: I highly recommend making Sara asian. 

i finished the main quest the other day. loved it. good stopping point for some DLC and the next couple installments to come. you can keep playing when your done. level up strike teams and their equipment. this story so far only has us in one tiny section of the andromeda galaxy. there's so much out there to explore still. it'll be a fun ride all the way through, i'm sure. pumped to see where they take it.

1. I know you all will scold me, but I don't like the Glyph puzzles. I can do them, it is not that, I like the jumping around to get the things, it sort of a low level Tomb raider thing. And I very much like Tomb raider 2013, and Rise of the tomb raider.

However the puzzles get pretty darn old on the second play through, and. It would be nice to have and option to disable them on the second play through or after beating the game one time. They just waste a lot of time, I mean I am many times already in a dungeon, and it will not let me save ( auto saves are unpredictable as to where they happen ), and I maybe kind of want to finish before bed time.  ( and yes on the second play through I am using the get done Items, and they are cheaper now, so I guess it is okay )

2.. It has bug's, But I have truly enjoyed it, I finished my first insanity play through, and am a good way into my second play through, this time only one notch lower on the difficulty level. I want to absorb the story better, and slower.

this is my character, this time. 

I like the first 2 ME best, ( I try to ignore that there was a third ) but this is more Mass effect, and I really over all like it.

EDIT >>> and I very much agree the profiles are almost stupid with the cool down if you swap thing...

EDIT >>>> I happened to think, I mean she is not great, but I wrote down my setting for my Sara ryder in case anyone wanted to

try them, hair color, and choice of make up, and skin tome are your choices. But watch getting to heavey with the rouge it can make you charater look like they have paint on there face instead of make up.. I try to make it match the skin tone mostly.

Galgat Number two Sara
I used face Preset 9
Brow Height: 9
Brow Depth: 18
Cheek Height: 17
Cheek Width: 6
Cheekbone Width: 3
Chin Height: 8
Chin Depth: 2
Chin Width: 8
Jaw Width: 10
Eye Height: 14
Eye Depth: 16
Eye Width: 17
Lip Thickness: 16
Mouth Height: 3
Mouth Depth: 6
Mouth Width: 8
Nose Height: 3
Nose Depth: 15
Nose Width: 19
Nose Size: 3
Eyeliner Style: Default Value, Black, Full Opacity
Eye Shadow Style: Slider max right, Black, Full Opacity
Blush Style: 1, Red, .20 Opacity

EDIT >>> as and after thought, I most certainly can not really complain much about any game i spend more than a 100 hours playing :cool:

post-123-0-74134400-1492488101_thumb.jpg

Just another point, and I hope is not a hate thing, it is not, I am expecting surely that they will fix it in a patch.

1.. After level 80 you pretty much stop leveling, sure you get more skill point's, but you can not really make your self, or your weapons hit any harder.

2. But unlike the player the Mob's continue to level, and soon my weapons are like using a bean flip on the mobs.  It is tough...LOL there weapons take me out in like 3 shot's, and I will empty 3 clips sometimes on trash mobs...LOL I laugh about it, but it make me just sort of want to start a new character instead of playing new game + 

finished me4 and am replaying me3, both are good games, we all want different things from the games we play, with all the negative posts about me4 the makers can do a quite and easy fix to keep most of the players happy > release me4exploer, with mods players bitch less and enjoy the game more.

I play me3, fallout 4 and skyrim over and over not because they are perfect games but because I have used mods ( big thanks to all the modders out there ) to make the game more enjoyable for me, not only more enjoyable but with nude eye candy and better weapons the game is fun to play again.   

It's not a bad game though,  people give it 0/10's out of spite,  it's petty.  It's no less than a 6 at the very worst,  while to me it'd a 7 sometimes,  8 most the time when I'm enjoying myself.

I agree, I don't particular like ME:A (I've written why over in the hate thread), but the way certain people flip their shit over this game is mystifying to me. Especially on a forum that's mainly about Skyrim & Oblivion, both not exactly perfect games either.

I know other may disagree, but I totally enjoyed the game.  I know the story is odd, but most all space stories are.

1. I know a lot of people blew there rage at the animations, I really did not see or find anything that big to rage about myself.

2. I do agree that after DAI, I was pretty sick of my fantasy games having to be filled with Ugly people... I mean I am sure we all dream of faces like the ones we had for a choice there. Then Andromeda actually manages to one up the DAI ugly with a newer Style of Yuck-O.

I would like for my fantasy to be filled with Beautiful people, and mean enemy's, not refuse from some back alley bar, or picking the first 10 people who enter wal-mart for my team mates, please Let them look good enough that I actually might want to romance them.

3. As to the Player character being ugly, I had little trouble getting my Ryder to look nice, and I am very pleased with her, I did spend a lot of time in the face editor, but I did that in Oblivion, fallout NV, skyrim, fallout 4, and many other games, so I did not find that a big issue.

4. I found the missions some time overly scan, and move on, scan, and move on, scan, and move on, until you finally got a battle, but hey, in star trek they were always scanning. I guess it goes with space.

I did get very sick of the Glyph puzzles, I just did not like them, I know many people do, I am so glad they lowered the cost of the "Get um done Item", I load up on those now.

5. I found the graphics just great ( Not counting the animation complaints ), and even though my system is a little dated I played if not only fine, but kept a very solid FPS all the way. I thought it was well optimized, and Not designed in such a way as you had to buy a new system just to play it.

6. The banter system was much improved over DAI which I had a lot of grievances with. The Banter is not very good, and I really miss the comedy, and laughs I got from DAO, and even "DA Awakening" I just loved the team mate banter in those game's.  I think they need some better writers.

7. Main thing is after waiting so long, I finally get to play some more ME, a little less likable than maybe ME1, and ME2, but still it extended one of my favorite Space Opra RPG, and I just really was happy to have it.

8. I am assuming, or hopeful that Bioware will be patching up many of there error's, just as Project red did Witcher 3. 

I totally doubt they will be as kind, and thoughtful as Project red was. I really like that company, they seem to be truly interested in there games, and less interested in bean counting. They continued to patch, and improve witcher 1 long after it was out of fashion.

9.  I have noticed a trend in forum's, to instantly find all the bad, and blow it up into a rage.

I am pretty bad to do this my self too, so I am not faulting anyone, we all have our opinion, I think every one should be entitled to there's.  I just did not see the Total trash tactic as a very accurate description for this game.

Mid-term rating at lvl 33: 7.5/10   Tendency

[i know that face of mi char already... ^^]

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/?

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1894/images/108-1-1493066584.jpg

Well, hard to say what the public reaction of being naked on the bridge of the Tempest might be, probably another 'Kill. Me. Now.' by Mr Jath, the cynic Salarian pilot.

The MEA performance tweaks ain't that bad, especially the recommendations in the VIDEO OUTPUT section.

In the meantime me is at lvl 50 and the rating has reached 8.0 after having established all planetary outposts possible. In the end the final rating might easily fall back to 7.0 though in case I dislike the ending which, unfortunately, is usually the case here, and this since the days of Morrowind some fourteen years ago. I'll see.

Tried to romance Reyes Vidal (the guy on the left in the image), my very first attempt to romance anybody in a game and what to say, that asshole is just a charlatan. So I shot him in the back and since then we don't like each other that much anymore. Apparently I'm not made for this kind of scripted romances. But who cares when there are enough good-looking lovers IRL that I don't have to shoot, huh?

Kodo / Soul of Motion

masseffectandromeda20xwskz.png

Radio Cockroach-Free Wasteland on 88.3 MHz