Mass Effect Andromeda for Haters

Lets see its a new bioware game everyone ready to explore the galaxy!?!? In a wide open world?

Well too bad your shit out of luck. This game is like every bioware game, you know,  where you run down a path from cut-scene to cut-scene.

Ready for some great story in a game!

There you go https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25361235-a-virtual-dream

What? You thought you would find it in a bioware game? HAHAHAHAHA you make me laugh.

The only thing good about bioware games is that its not as bad as bethesda at writing,that's like saying Stalin is not as bad as Hitler; one being less evil than the other does not make the other one good.

The German ratings are clearly BETTER.

Between

PC Games 78%

CHIP 88.3%

Computerbild 89%

I already said the German version is better.

If the game didn't have any problems with characters, animations or writing/voice acting, my *highest* score for it would be a 7/10, but as it is, anything above 5/10 is being way too generous IMO. I know these scores don't mean much to most, so I'd simply say "you can safely skip this one".

PS. I've watched some of the stream Kargrin posted above. From what I've seen, the tactical pause thing no longer exists in the game, and the facial animations don't get any better later in the game, still awful.

The German ratings are clearly BETTER.

Between

PC Games 78%

CHIP 88.3%

Computerbild 89%

I already said the German version is better.

What about that French version with a way more beautiful and well animated Ryder?

i am still confused why different languages better ?? isn't the game suppose to look exactly the same for every language ?? it is just the voice not animations so i am confused why is the german version having better facial then the English counter part ?? 

If they all use the same engine how can facial animation look so worse for English then for German ??

To me it now feels that very language has made there own animations separately witch is even more confusing.

i am still confused why different languages better ?? isn't the game suppose to look exactly the same for every language ?? it is just the voice not animations so i am confused why is the german version having better facial then the English counter part ?? 

If they all use the same engine how can facial animation look so worse for English then for German ??

To me it now feels that very language has made there own animations separately witch is even more confusing.

it's not the same, It's about the mouth movement.

The German language is softer, not as hard and choppy such as English, I noticed this already in TW3.

Aeho sesx scenus:

dattasss.png

What the fuck? How do you screw up something as basic as ambient lighting?

I think that might be on the console or something; or maybe on low graphics settings. The textures and lighting don't look anywhere near that bad, on my version at least. 

The German language is softer, not as hard and choppy such as English, I noticed this already in TW3.

Wait what?  :blink:

Winny, please tell me you are trying to make fun of people. Right? Riiiight?!!!

Potzblitz und Donnerwetter, du produzierst echt Unfug am laufenden Band. Wahnsinn!

I would appreciate a source for the claim that they redid facial animations for different languages btw, I don't believe that to be true. Sounds like a waste of time, money and effort since movies and every single other game out there don't do it that way and lip synch still is kind of right in most of them ... in the German versions at least.

Potzblitz und Donnerwetter, du produzierst echt Unfug am laufenden Band. Wahnsinn!

I would appreciate a source for the claim that they redid facial animations for different languages btw, I don't believe that to be true. Sounds like a waste of time, money and effort since movies and every single other game out there don't do it that way and lip synch still is kind of right in most of them ... in the German versions at least.

you're funny, that is not a movie the with English actors was filmed and then with German Synchro speaker has been Synchronized.

This lips movement is exactly adapted to the German language, but some people go blind through LIFE!  ;)  :P

If that video is meant to prove anything then I'm not seeing it. But I didn't really do a per frame comparison between lip movements in both languages (just checked a few scenes and couldn't decide either way). Would be much easier with a split screen video.

If that video is meant to prove anything then I'm not seeing it. But I didn't really do a per frame comparison between lip movements in both languages (just checked a few scenes and couldn't decide either way). Would be much easier with a split screen video.

Well it kinda proves and doesnt, the lip synch is better in german version but most of the animations are still pretty terrible or same.

If you actually check the start of the game and then the english version, the animations on faces in german MEA are smoother and not so exaggerated.

The same is with the french version Kargrin posted.

Havent found anything better to compare so far.

But ... they don't usually redo facial animations for different languages afaik.

I just found out that they did it for Witcher 3 though. In a way.

I: The first moments of Blood and Wine showcase how your cutscenes keep getting better and better. What made it possible?

K: It's called skills progression. The team is still the same, though it came through some inevitable changes. Taking the relatively static dialogues of The Witcher 2 to the new level in The Witcher 3 was something we always knew we had to do. We wanted to make them more dynamic, have people walking around, doing stuff.
The Witcher 2 can be divided into two clear sections: dialogues and cutscenes. The dialogues section of The Witcher 3 was made much more complex. We have a team of something like 10 people who use a very advanced tool for dialogues creation and right now they reached such a level of expertise, that you can't tell cutscene from the dialogue anymore. This new tool technically make the dialogues faster and easier to make. When you create cutscene, you usually make motion capture with the actors, clean it all up and then into the engine it goes. Finally you move one block and you got yourself a cutscene. In case of dialogues, the tool has already everything set up, there is an automatic lip sync for every language and scaling system, which cuts all the short and long lines in the right places to make it look good.

Kurwa, is there anything these Poles can't do?!  :o

Well, maybe Bioware can do at least that part too. They sure as hell couldn't create an algorithm to apply facial expressions matching the situation of course (they tried and that's what went so horribly wrong with the facial expressions, right?) but maybe implementing a lip syncing tool for translation studios to work with is not beyond their reach.

The mouth movements are exactly adapted to the language, but I suspect a certain Mr. Bazinga has again objections.   :lol:

And a certain Mr. winny doesn't seem to have a clue how localization works. You usually adjust the translation to make it match the lip movement, not the other way around. If they did it the other way around here then this would be a new trend.

Well, romances:

With female NPC:

SisRyder/Female: 5

BroRyder/Female: 5

With male NPC:

SisRyder/Male: 3
BroRyder/Male: 2

The lesbian Sara has more options than the straight Sara.

The gay Scot has NO squad-mate romance. 

The straight sex scenes - boobs and ass.

The lesbian sex scenes - boobs and ass.

The gay scenes - hidden kisses and fade to black.

Just in case somebody did believe in the "inclusivity" of Bioware. as I said in another thread here - they are simply using "the gays" in order to appear edgy. In reality - it is all about boobs.

Archived