Fallout 4 like dialogue (Cinematic dialogue)

Hey guys, this probably off topic but is there any development for any cinematic dialogue mod for Skyrim?

I played Fallout 4 for at least a couple of years I think, and whenever I went back to skyrim I always wanted that dialogue cam from FO4 can be made for skyrim...

it would be beautiful if skyrim has that kind of cinematic moment when the Dragonborn starting a conversation...

There is no voiced player dialogue in skyrim..  so cutting to the player for a response would simply show a mute person telepathically willing their dialogue to the subject with a blank stare.

This would not be the same.

The closest thing would be something like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30533/? this mod.

But without player voiced dialogue.. you cannot have fallout 4 style conversations.  As a sidenote.. you would also not have as many intricate mods either.  As you will note...  the player voice severely limits a mods options to create a quest in fallout 4 given that you also do not want to break immersion.

There is no voiced player dialogue in skyrim..  so cutting to the player for a response would simply show a mute person telepathically willing their dialogue to the subject with a blank stare.

The closest thing would be something like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30533/? this mod.

But without player voiced dialogue.. you cannot have fallout 4 style conversations.  As a sidenote.. you would also not have as many intricate mods either.  As you will note...  the player voice severely limits a mods options to create a quest in fallout 4 given that you also do not want to break immersion.

He never said that he wanted voiced player dialogues, only the dialogue cam.

But yeah, Face to Face is the closest we can get to fo4's dialogue cam, just need to turn off auto first person switch and voila.

But yeah, Face to Face is the closest we can get to fo4's dialogue cam, just need to turn off auto first person switch and voila.

Correct.. I did.  I said it because fallout 4 style dialogue is a conversation between 2 voiced actors.  It pans from one face, who will speak.. to another face who will then respond.   Having the same system would accomplish exactly what I depicted.   A cam switching to a character who will stare blankly with a subtitled response. This is why I claim it would not be the same. This is why I mentioned that you cannot have Fallout 4 style dialogue, because this is what fallout 4 dialogue is.  I gave the closest equivalent as a response.

This was the intention of my post,  I think my response was pretty clear on that.. what is your intention for disputing that?

Correct.. I did.  I said it because fallout 4 style dialogue is a conversation between 2 voiced actors.  It pans from one face, who will speak.. to another face who will then respond.   Having the same system would accomplish exactly what I depicted.   A cam switching to a character who will stare blankly with a subtitled response. This is why I claim it would not be the same. This is why I mentioned that you cannot have Fallout 4 style dialogue, because this is what fallout 4 dialogue is.  I gave the closest equivalent as a response.

This was the intention of my post,  I think my response was pretty clear on that.. what is your intention for disputing that?

I'm dumb and I stand corrected.

So yeah basically what you said is: there's no way to fit fallout 4 dialogue cam in it's entirety and just cram it to Skyrim if modders do found a way. Because Fo4's dialogue cam requires that your pc isn't mute and make the cam occasionally pans to your pc's face which would look weird in a game like Skyrim that has non-voiced pc. Unless you alter how the cam behaves like in this video. which... yeah it won't be the same. But it would definitely fit a conversation between non-voiced pc and voiced npc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTQdkdz6t4Q

Now we just need some expert modders to chime in here and just give their opinions whether it's possible or not to implement what we see above.

Anything is possible given time and resources.   But at this point, to answer the question of the OP, there is nothing in development, that I am aware of, that will trigger animations and camera shifts based on clicking responses other than what has been linked or plugins of a similar nature.  

So if the point is to inform someone asking a specific question about what is and what is not available (or in development)...  then I believe we have our answer.  Unless you are aware of such a project.. I don't really think it really helps to speculate on possibilities other than to be argumentative over semantics and personal opinions. Unless, of course, you have information regarding something in development.. in which case I would love to see the details.

If your intention is to add something like a wishlist in hopes that someone would take up such a project.. then we would be in agreement.  But I do not think this was  the intention of this thread to begin with.

Anything is possible given time and resources.   But at this point, to answer the question of the OP, there is nothing in development, that I am aware of, that will trigger animations and camera shifts based on clicking responses other than what has been linked or plugins of a similar nature.  

So if the point is to inform someone asking a specific question about what is and what is not available (or in development)...  then I believe we have our answer.  Unless you are aware of such a project.. I don't really think it really helps to speculate on possibilities other than to be argumentative over semantics and personal opinions. Unless, of course, you have information regarding something in development.. in which case I would love to see the details.

If your intention is to add something like a wishlist in hopes that someone would take up such a project.. then we would be in agreement.  But I do not think this was  the intention of this thread to begin with.

I think it's possible but only to some extent, but alright let's just stop there for now.

Whether we aren't allowed on discussing possibilities in this thread depends on op's preference. I think he might be interested in discussion on speculations and possibilities. I for one would LOVE for people to do this if i open this kind of thread myself. But i'll follow your advice for now and stop speculating, making wishlist and the like until op give us the okay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Would be nice if the camera only points to your Character when you have to select a sentence 

Exactly, this! Focus on player when selecting then switch to player's dialogue target. I think it was done in some other games already?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What i want is how you can still move in fallout 4 dialog, where you can just walk away from someone if there taking to you. Your controls are not locked and the dialog ui auto shows hides when looking at the npc speaking. In FO4 your able to talk to several npcs at ones and just look at the npc to respond

Or you can do inventory wile npcs are talking some long piece of dialog

that and quick loot made FO4s pace muck quicker :

So needs a mod that re-enables player controls during dialog and then away to make the dialog ui hid when the cross-hair isnt within a radius around the speaking npc

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2017 at 12:34 PM, Lodakai said:

He wants it to be like Dragon Age Origins. So it's not really a problem, but KumamonTheWorshiper is right. Face to Face is the best we can do. 

Archived