The.Architect

Hack'n Stalk

Tags: Stalking, Voyeur, M/F, Corruption, Karma

A couple of weeks ago I started working on a Unity 3D framework for visual novels, and this little adult game will be the first project based on it. I'm often disappointed by very linear story driven adult games that offer few choices and no kind of 'playable' scenes. So, this project is going to be something I would like to be seeing in these games.

It's not planned to be a big story (the reason most of these games are never finished or take ages to do so), but will feature a few different endings based on corruption levels of both the player and the 'target' girl. The player works at a internet cafe, where he meets a gorgeous girl asking to use the network connection. The player then will be able to use hacking and social engineering skills do corrupt or conquer the heart of this babe while she's is in the place.

post-1819454-0-22908700-1489807561_thumb.jpgpost-1819454-0-77438100-1489807564_thumb.jpgpost-1819454-0-44828700-1489807568_thumb.jpgpost-1819454-0-97533800-1489807571_thumb.jpgpost-1819454-0-76095100-1489807577_thumb.jpg

Hack'n Stalk 1.0 Release Candidate for Windows

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5GNXFJZNByGdWpvdWF2bjVGUVE

What's new:

• Images included in all endings
  • "Cloud Photos" app on the computer is now working
  • Conditions to reach the "good ending" slightly changed (check guide for spoilers)
  • The "good ending" now is slight different based on player karma (check guide for spoilers)
  • Minor text modifications (most on the endings)
  • Added game guide link
Saves from alpha 0.1.1 can be safely used in this version.

Experimental OSX Build 05182017 based on Alpha 0.1.1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5GNXFJZNByGeTNma1B6NnVUbTQ

Updates will be posted here. Thanks again for any feedback !

Every time I try to save After Bill comes in, the save file get corrupted...

Saving/loading appears completely broken, so don't even bother right now. Also ended up throwing an error part way through the boss conversation, and I couldn't continue afterwards.

how do you focus the camera to take picture ?? when i try and press space nothing seem to happen how do i get the camera not to move so much

i am currently on my laptop so i am not using a mouse so maybe this part is more difficult with a mousepad ?

Really your focus command are completely made to frustrate the player, the inertia vaires too much so either you overshoot or you do not reach focus point, then your axis are reversed for left right and not for  up down which makes the brain completely scrambled.

Then you have to press space that stop the focus : but if you press too early then not enough focus, if you press too late then as you can't stop you are out of the focus target so it won't work.

And then you loose a minute because you can't skip dialogue.

Begining was interessting, coffee "making" was ok, but the focus then take a picture is crap as is (I tried keayboard, mouse or pad 25 tries, nothing....). I hope you adjust

Do you get any messages about how the file is corrupted? Saving/Loading is a pretty simple serialization, never could get any errors here :(

how do you focus the camera to take picture ?? when i try and press space nothing seem to happen how do i get the camera not to move so much

i am currently on my laptop so i am not using a mouse so maybe this part is more difficult with a mousepad ?

Really your focus command are completely made to frustrate the player, the inertia vaires too much so either you overshoot or you do not reach focus point, then your axis are reversed for left right and not for  up down which makes the brain completely scrambled.

Then you have to press space that stop the focus : but if you press too early then not enough focus, if you press too late then as you can't stop you are out of the focus target so it won't work.

And then you loose a minute because you can't skip dialogue.

Begining was interessting, coffee "making" was ok, but the focus then take a picture is crap as is (I tried keayboard, mouse or pad 25 tries, nothing....). I hope you adjust

I'm planning a difficulty setting for mini-games, but i think the standard needs to be easier. The focus works better with a desk mouse. Gonna work on it

Saving/loading appears completely broken, so don't even bother right now. Also ended up throwing an error part way through the boss conversation, and I couldn't continue afterwards.

Do you still have the error message? It could help me solving it.

Thanks for the feedback!

I use a desk top and that camera focus mini should be called how to take a picture while drunk and stoned off your ass or how to control a dead duck after it's ass has been blasted out of the sky. The mouse controlled one is worse then the fricken keyboard one.

*Edit 

Also notice that her response doesn't always match the info given. In the first screenshot it lists red river and tanana river but her response states that she lived next to the clearwater river.

post-25667-0-11507300-1490543908_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-72485400-1490543975_thumb.png

A few other things I notice 1 there needs to be more then just one save space so that you can save in different spots and if you make a mistake something isn't good enough or the save file gets corrupted you can go back to a save before it. Also there needs to be a load option as far as I can see there isn't one and the only way to load the game is by killing it and restarting the game again.

Buying the item from the guy in the cafe that causes a person to pee causes the game save to become corrupted. This right here is the reason why you should have more then one save slot otherwise people are going to get fucked anytime there is a problem or corruption with the save file.

A skip option or way to load right away so that you can reload back without having to go through her rant when you mess up would be nice also.

Here is a message of the save file corruption message after buying the item to make a person pee. The item isn't marked as serializable. Also once the save is corrupted you can't hit start as it just takes right to where you failed at and she is yelling at you in the bathroom. 

post-25667-0-92862600-1490552147_thumb.png

Also what's the point of naming the character if she is always going to call you Max anyways?

I use a desk top and that camera focus mini should be called how to take a picture while drunk and stoned off your ass or how to control a dead duck after it's ass has been blasted out of the sky. The mouse controlled one is worse then the fricken keyboard one.

In the next build I'll remove random forces of the focus minigame to make it less unpredictable. Now its based only on the movement inertia, making it more easy to control.

Also notice that her response doesn't always match the info given. In the first screenshot it lists red river and tanana river but her response states that she lived next to the clearwater river.

Yeah. It's a bug. The info about this hometown scene is randomized every game and this line did not got the right one.

A few other things I notice 1 there needs to be more then just one save space so that you can save in different spots and if you make a mistake something isn't good enough or the save file gets corrupted you can go back to a save before it. Also there needs to be a load option as far as I can see there isn't one and the only way to load the game is by killing it and restarting the game again.

Buying the item from the guy in the cafe that causes a person to pee causes the game save to become corrupted. This right here is the reason why you should have more then one save slot otherwise people are going to get fucked anytime there is a problem or corruption with the save file.

A skip option or way to load right away attachicon.gifsave file coruption message.pngso that you can reload back without having to go through her rant when you mess up would be nice also.

Here is a message of the save file corruption message after buying the item to make a person pee. The item isn't marked as serializable. Also once the save is corrupted you can't hit start as it just takes right to where you failed at and she is yelling at you in the bathroom. 

Fixed the save corruption bug.

Fixed the 'start' option not reseting the game state.

Now pressing ESC or right mouse button displays options to exit to title and then exit to windows or load previous save.

The game will be somewhat short, so I planned to work on a more robust save/load system when the story is finished.

Also what's the point of naming the character if she is always going to call you Max anyways?

Bug fixed. There were some lines with the fixed default player character name.

Thanks a lot for pointing these problems, myuhinny! At first I didn't wan't post a build before the game is better polished, but this kind of feedback is a great help to get it right faster!

I'll post the new build later!

This is build 03262017

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5GNXFJZNByGNEdpMW1MT0ZkeGM

- Added a few more scenes and pictures to find

- Tweaked picture focus minigame to make it easier to play (no random forces, no inverted horizontal axis, limited movement speed inertia)

- Fixed random hometown scene data display on some dialogues

- Fixed save corruption when saving with items in inventory

- Pressing ESC or mouse right button now displays options 'exit to windows' and 'exit to menu' -> 'load'

- Fixed use of default character name instead of user chosen name in some lines

Everything worked fine this time no save corruption or anything and the picture taking was actually enjoyable instead of making the player want throw their keyboard or mouse across the room. Thanks for changing it.

I did see a lot of proof reading needing to be done as there are a lot of errors in the dialogue. One error in particular gives the wrong info to you when you are trying to help Julie with her paper. Phil tells you to use a serif font when in fact the real answer is *non-serif* font which is what Julie says that she remembers her professor telling her to use after you tell her to use serif font.

Here is a screenshot of one spot that needs fixing.

post-25667-0-01532500-1490577606_thumb.png

Might contain a spoiler read at your own risk.

I also notice if you look at the envelope on the table he called it a plain paper envelop even though it has a university name on it and the keys are just a key chain even though her name is on the key chain and is what the player is searching for to begin with. The player never acknowledges either of these till you search for her name on the computer.

Architect, lovely game, thank you!

When you also have a gamecontroller or joystick on your systen and you use this one prior to the mouse then taking pictures is not done. Mouse is hardly responding and keys are not responding at all.

I think it would be a great option to be able to skip that minigames, I think people, like myself, don't like it, please give us puzzles :-)

Cheers,

Jan

When you also have a gamecontroller or joystick on your systen and you use this one prior to the mouse then taking pictures is not done. Mouse is hardly responding and keys are not responding at all.

I think it would be a great option to be able to skip that minigames, I think people, like myself, don't like it, please give us puzzles :-)
Hi.
I'm planning a 'Pacific' game mode next build where minigames will be unlosable.
I don't have a controller now with me to test, but the picture snapping is bound to the "Jump" button on Unity (probably a PS3 X button or XBox A button).
Gonna test it when I got one available!

Fired the newest version up and it looked pretty good I just used my old save so she is now at the newest spot.

I forgot to mention that saves will load, but flags and counters can get messed up as there are some new branches in early parts of the game ! So, starting again is safer !

@Jean1859 

The pick lock and coffee mini game are the same thing. The coffee one you just move it till you either hit coffee flow or the stream gets smaller to show you are getting closer the getting coffee flow the pick lock is the same thing where you move and try the quicker you hit the rattling the farther you are away from the correct spot you are and the longer it takes to hit the rattle tells you how close you are to the correct spot. 

Hi.
I'm planning a 'Pacific' game mode next build where minigames will be unlosable.
I don't have a controller now with me to test, but the picture snapping is bound to the "Jump" button on Unity (probably a PS3 X button or XBox A button).
Gonna test it when I got one available!

Great stuff, thanks man. If you need some extra hands on testing with joysticks, I've got 5 in my pc so more then happy to help out.

Build 04072017

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5GNXFJZNByGU25URXIxeU10SDA

• Added begin of "movies date" stage
    • History branches leads to some more few minigames
    • Added first animated "kind of" sexual minigame
    • Added status description under loving/horny gauges
    • The "pheromone pill" now has an use
  • Save/Load system revamped
    • You can now save or load using 5 slots
    • This made previous saved games incompatible with this version. sorry...
  • Rebalancing of status points distribution and checks on some events (I probably gonna keep tunning this until the final version)
  • Lots of dialog text fixes
  • Minor changes and optimizations in the script player

That's a lot of changes since last build, which means this version can be more bug prone!

Feedback and bug reports are always appreciated!  ;)

Archived