Bound Animations, But No Bindings.

When I first started downloading mods from LL I always had DD installed. Later when I removed it and started to download new sexual animations I selected the bound animations along with the others. When a bound sex animation began, my PC appeared to be bound, but had no bindings - I thought this was because I didn't have DD installed. Later on, with each new game I have started, I did not select any animations that had "Bound" in it's name.

A few minutes ago I was configuring my MCMs, selected and registered all my animations, went down to ZaZ Animation and went to a page I had always ignored and decided to click on it. I found bindings and selected which ones I wanted, however when I exited that MCM to go back to SLAL and register the plethora of bound animations, my PC was automatically restrained, gagged, and blindfolded. I was under the impression that these items would appear during a bound sex scene.

What do I have to do in order for blindfolds, gags, and restraints to show up without installing DD? What am I doing wrong in Sex Lab and or in ZaZ?

In short, you don't do anything wrong. Those animations won't equip anything, it's meant the other way around: play them when you're bound. When you want to wear those items without installing DD, you could try Devious devices equip. Afaik it's much lighter than DDi, and you can unequip them any time without any keys. There shouldn't be any imcompatibilities except with DDi itself, but even that isn't too bad.

What might work if you want devices equipped when an animation plays is sexlab utilities, but i've never used it. I know it can do a lot of things at the end of a scene, not sure if that's possible at the start too.

In short, you don't do anything wrong. Those animations won't equip anything, it's meant the other way around: play them when you're bound. When you want to wear those items without installing DD, you could try Devious devices equip. Afaik it's much lighter than DDi, and you can unequip them any time without any keys. There shouldn't be any imcompatibilities except with DDi itself, but even that isn't too bad.

What might work if you want devices equipped when an animation plays is sexlab utilities, but i've never used it. I know it can do a lot of things at the end of a scene, not sure if that's possible at the start too.

Thank you very much for clarifying that! xoxo

Thank you very much for clarifying that! xoxo

I have to correct myself, not sure if my memory was wrong or outdated: DDe now requires the whole DD family, so it's not really an alternative if you don't want to install those at all. I believe if you use the items of DDe it'll remove most of the scripts from the items, so it should be less stress to your system, but i'm not entirely sure about that.

I have to correct myself, not sure if my memory was wrong or outdated: DDe now requires the whole DD family, so it's not really an alternative if you don't want to install those at all. I believe if you use the items of DDe it'll remove most of the scripts from the items, so it should be less stress to your system, but i'm not entirely sure about that.

I don't want DD installed, though. I liked rope bindings and that wooden gag thing - nothing modern. That's why I got excited when I found them in ZaZ, but as you said, those are meant to be put on before initiating a sex act. :(

I don't want DD installed, though. I liked rope bindings and that wooden gag thing - nothing modern. That's why I got excited when I found them in ZaZ, but as you said, those are meant to be put on before initiating a sex act. :(

Is the modern look the only reason not to use DD? There are heretical resources included now in DDi, they should look appropiate old and rusty :D

But you can use them without DDi, you just need AddItemMenu to get them. They don't have any restcrictions either, so you can wear them usually without any downside (except occupied slots). But afaik they don't have any armbinders or yokes or something... so that won't actually help with bound animations, it's just some cruel stuff you can equip.

Is the modern look the only reason not to use DD? There are heretical resources included now in DDi, they should look appropiate old and rusty :D

But you can use them without DDi, you just need AddItemMenu to get them. They don't have any restcrictions either, so you can wear them usually without any downside (except occupied slots). But afaik they don't have any armbinders or yokes or something... so that won't actually help with bound animations, it's just some cruel stuff you can equip.

Yeah, it's the modern stuff. At first it was fun, but them I got all immersive.... I'd like for rope or a wooden bite-down gag to be applied once a bound sex animation starts. Is that really too much to ask? ;)

Have you checked the heretic devices? Gags & stuff are very immersive i think. :) For equipping stuff before rape: afaik no mod will do that. You could suggest it to one where you think it fits, maybe cursed loot or defeat or scent of sex...

*edit: you could try vinfamys sexlab kidnapped, new versions afaik have the option to add devices before sex, but they again require DD. You could ask him for a "immersive only" option, meaning metal yokes, ZaZ bindings and heretical.

I love the new SL Kidnapped and will ask about "lore-friendly" bindings and will take a look at Heretic Devices. I'm still learning how to properly set up rules in SSX so that's something else I could work on. Thanks again for your help and suggestions! xoxo

[...]What might work if you want devices equipped when an animation plays is sexlab utilities, but i've never used it. I know it can do a lot of things at the end of a scene, not sure if that's possible at the start too.

It works at scene start, during, and post scene as well. You have to create an .ini for equipable items, but an example already exists which can be edited. I haven't tried it with DD or Zaz devices, but it should work.

SexLabUtil is a gem of a mod. You can equip/activate pretty much anything and even get multiple mfg console expressions to play/cycle during and after animations. That last is something I've only recently been playing with but shows some serious potential.

It works a lot like SSX. Just remember that you'll have to specify the player as a victim since most bound animations are aggressive, and the bindings will equip for every case where the player or target is a victim irrespective of whether or not the character is actually in a bound animation. Unlike SSX, SexLabUtil has no means to specify by animation or tag, but it does have the ability to add items to your inventory, equip them, un-equip them, then remove them from your inventory entirely whether you actually have that item or not.

There's no reason you can't use both, and SexLabUtil will more than pay its keep with the ability to cast light for animations or use the mfg console.

Oh, and about that last one. The mfg console is built into SexLab so you don't need the mod. If you decide to play with it in SexLabUtil, the readme doesn't fully specify how it works. The "CMD" line in .ini specifies "spm:0:0:0" as the format, but I got exceptionally lucky in guessing the first integer defines the following two as expression (0), phoneme (1), and modifier (2).

So, in pseudo-English, that's: "spm:expression/phoneme/modifier:mfg parameter:0-100 scale of expression"

You can toy with these in RaceMenu to get an idea for how they work if you have it installed.

So, say, you want your character to appear happy with eyes partially closed and open-mouthed, it might look like this:

[Main]
Name=Expression Happy
Page=0
Type=cmd
Id=100
Cmd=spm:0:2:60+spm:1:0:40+spm:2:0:30+spm:2:1:30
CmdEnd=spm:0:2:00+spm:1:0:00+spm:2:0:00+spm:2:1:00

What makes this interesting is SexLabUtil allows you to use CmdTick instead of Cmd to use an effect every three seconds and you can specify different ending points. So you can set it to play multiple similar expressions, layered in with different end points in the animation as well as alternating between "Cmd" and "CmdTick", and thus get your characters to facially animate throughout an entire scene.  :cool:

I haven't played with the mfg commands enough, but equipping items (boots and such so far) and adding spells (mage light) work every time. The mfg expressions have been fairly inconsistent so far, but they do work and definitely add some life to scenes.

I know you didn't ask about expressions, but it's so impressive I thought it worth including.

Archived