Nat, stop being a little creeper.

So picture this. I'm in a romance with Piper. I have the See You Sleep mod and the "Sleep in Publick Occurrences" mod so we stop over at Piper's place to get some sleep. We wake up, naked and spooning and... Nat is standing there... staring at us. Like a little creeper.

This isn't the first time I've noticed that Nat behaves like a Skyrim merchant, starting to wander off and then running back at top speed to stare at you like you're about to rob the place blind. With merchants it's understandable (though it can be annoying.) With Nat it's just... stupid. I'm her sister's lover. I can freely take everything in her house. Yet still she watches me like a hawk and is always getting in my way.

I've tried setting our relationship rank to ally, it doesn't alter her behavior. I've looked at her npc record in xEdit but nothing jumps out at me as being a "stare at player" behavior. If anyone knows how to change her behavior so she stops keeping her eye on me all the time, I'd appreciate it. It's not like it's game breaking, I don't spend a lot of time in Piper's home, but it's bugged me from the beginning and all the research I've done on the topic just leads to how to sneak past merchants that followed you in Skyrim, and nothing about stopping the behavior. Nat is not a merchant and Piper and I can take everything that isn't nailed down... so quit staring at me, kid. Go away, ya bother me.  Thanks in advance.

Does she have her own bed, or are you taking her slot? (i.e. does her AI package pick the closest bed instead of assigning her one, and her pathfinding can't find a decent unused one)

I can't remember off the top of my head what's in the cell, bed-wise.

She has a sleeping bag in the lower area of Piper's home. Piper's bed is up the stairs by her computer. It's not just when I sleep there, whatever else she's doing she'll immediately stop whenever I get out of her line of sight and she'll run towards me until she can see me and then she'll just stand there staring at me. Then she starts returning to her normal sandbox behavior and then turns around and runs towards me again. She's had this behavior even on an unmodded vanilla game. She ignores Piper for the most part, she just stares at me. Following me upstairs or downstairs wherever I go. I made a video illustrating exactly what's happening:

Hmm... It kind of looks like she's treating you as a burglar. Just a wild guess, but I wonder if she had the appropriate voice files if she'd be saying something like "you need to leave."

Do you know the cell ID? You could try to SetCellOwnership XXXXX and see if that stops it?

Archived