View File

Modern Clothes v1.3

Description:

This mod adds several pieces of modern-style clothing for the UUNP and SOS bodies: four tops, two pants, and a set of sneakers, with several variants each:

• Basic Tee (7 colors)
  • Basic Hoodie (5 colors)
  • Basic Hoodie Top (5 colors)
  • Cargo Pants (5 colors)
  • College Hoodie (6 colors, and 2 different Winterhold College-themed designs for each color)
  • Slim Jeans (2 colors)
  • Sport Top (2 colors with 3 variants each)
  • Capri Pants (3 variants)
  • Tank Top (4 colors)
  • Sneakers (4 colors)

Male meshes use the SOS body; revealing/separate pieces require the SOS body, but the complete sets with jeans (tank top and college hoodie only) should work fine with Better Males, SAM, and any other male bodies including vanilla. Female meshes use the Unified UNP Special body with the base UNP preset, and should be compatible with any UNP-compatible textures as well as vanilla textures.

The meshes for the tops are all "revealing", which means they don't cover anything below the waist. Male versions will allow the schlong to remain visible when worn, while female versions use the UUNP Special body and are linked to the proper HDT collision data files, so the Special HDT-enabled bits should react to collisions when appropiate while wearing them. Jeans and cargo pants are available separately, and can be equipped over the naked body without the tops. Items from this mod can be combined with any other similar meshes (i.e. bikini tops and botoms, underwear) as long as they don't overlap and the item slots are properly set up (the tops and shorts from my other mod, Survival Gear Redux, should work with these).

To get the items ingame, you have two options: 1) using AddItemMenu, and 2) using the console to find and add them manually ("help *insert item name here*").

Requirements:

--- Any UNP compatible body and textures (UUNP Special built with the original UNP, UNP Pushup, UNPB or UNPBB presets recommended).
--- SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim.

Known Issues:

--- Clipping! Lots of it. There should be less than in previous versions, though, and I've done my best to reduce it (including deleting parts of the body when obscured by the clothes so they wouldn't clip through), but it's still there, so don't expect everything to be flawless, specially in weird poses/anims.

--- Let me know if you come across any other issues and i will do my best to fix them as soon as possible.

Future Plans:

--- Potentially adding more clothing to the pack, if/when I find more assets I can use or decide to create my own from scratch.

Changelog:

V1.3
--- Added new texture variants for the Hoodie (x2), Shirt (x3), Cargo Pants (x2) and College Hoodie (x3) created by RussianPrince.
--- Added 3 new items: Hoodie Top (x6 variants), Sport Top (x6 variants) and Capri Pants (x3 variants).
--- Fixed some minor texture compression artifacts.
--- Added Slot 52 to the full body (top + pants) items so they can't be equipped alongside pants (and thus prevent clipping).

V1.2
--- Revamped and rebuilt the existing outfits from scratch.
--- Removed UUNP Support. Meshes now fit the base UNP body shape only.
--- Added two new tops (basic hoodie x3 variants and tee x4 variants) and new pants (cargo pants x3 variants).
--- Added one new variant for the jeans (light blue).
--- Renamed most items for clarity.

V1.1
--- Added female HDT versions of the standard (Non-revealing) outfits.
--- Added the jeans as a separate item (slot 52).

V1.0
--- Initial Release

Credits:

Hepsy for the original Basic Wears mod for Oblivion.
Halo/Halofarm for some of the assets and their ports to Skyrim.
Caliente, Ousnius and others for Bodyslide and the UUNP Special body.
fox6000 and Psychomachina for some of the assets.

RussianPrince for some of the texture options.

onigirl for the original Fitness Outfit.
The original authors of the College of Winterhold designs.

Note: according to permissions, everything here should be fine, but if any author wants me to remove their assets from this file for some reason or to edit the credit section, just let me know and I will comply as soon as possible.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/17/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    UNP-compatible body and textures, SOS
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

View File

Really liking these so far. Was just wondering if I could make two small requests?

1. Could you add HDT to the non revealing ones?

2. Could you add the jeans on their own as a separate piece like the tops and sneakers?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look at them. Both should be easy to add, so chances are they will be in a next update. No promises, though.

Now someone has to whip up a proper modern College of Winterhold mod to go along with these spiffy duds. Magical panty-raids! A Fraternity of Wizards and a Sorority for Sorceresses! Ridiculously expensive spell books (and teacher's edition spell tomes)!

Well, I certainly wouldn't mind having all of that  :P. The last point about "Ridiculously expensive spell books" can be achieved with College Days: Winterhold (Getting the first books once you are accepted into the College takes like 1500 Septims, and I can only imagine it getting worse), and you can add Sleep for Credit on top of it if you want, but that is as far as it goes.

As requested, added HDT versions of the standard outfits. The packaged files still come with the non-HDT option and the default UNP shape, but if you want to use the HDT meshes, you have to build them in Bodyslide (as stated in the description, build the options labeled "UUNP HDT" instead of the "UUNP" ones).

Also added the jeans as a separate item. They take up Slot 52 for compatibility with SOS; they may have some clipping on males but should work fine on females (during my testing I saw minor clipping on males and no clipping whatsoever on females, but YMMV). I may try reweighting/editing the male meshes to reduce the clipping at some point, though.

If it's not too much to ask, could you also make the shirts and hoodies use a "not armor slot" like 52? I'm using SAM and can't get the revealing function of sos without butchering the body and schlong. T.T

Also when i wear a shirt/hoodie the body texture of my char change, probably because of SAM but maybe you wanted to know.

If it's not too much to ask, could you also make the shirts and hoodies use a "not armor slot" like 52? I'm using SAM and can't get the revealing function of sos without butchering the body and schlong. T.T

Also when i wear a shirt/hoodie the body texture of my char change, probably because of SAM but maybe you wanted to know.

I could, but the meshes would not be compatible with SAM anyway. They are fit to the SOS body shape (which is very different from the SAM one), and even then the fit is not perfect.

In fact, if you load the full SOS body mesh and my meshes over them, you will see there is some clipping, specially at the armpits; the only reason you don't notice it ingame is because I deleted all of the body that is not visible from the hoodie/tank top meshes so it wouldn't clip thorugh, but making the items not take up the Body slot would mean the whole body mesh would be loaded underneath at al times and the clipping would be obvious. Plus, if you used the SOS HDT body, the HDT-weighted parts would clip through the clothes (as stated in the description about the standalone jeans).

As for the texture swap; I'm pretty sure it's cause by SAM. It uses some weird texture-swapping script to change the diffuse and normal map of NPCs and the player, though I don't remember how it decides which textures to assign. It's probably specific to the SAM body shape, so when you equip the clothes with the SOS body mesh instead, the texture overrides are lost and you get the base character textures instead.

TL;DR: this mod is incompatible with SAM. I am OK with someone else making a SAM conversion and posting it somewhere as long as they credit the original authors of the assets as well as me, but I won't be the one to make a SAM version.

I never saw the point of SAM anyway; not a fan of ultra-super-muscled-bodybuilder males nor obese ones (so I don't care about the Samson/Samuel morphs), the mod is very script-heavy and incompatible with the latest version of RaceMenu/NiOverride (this is a deal-breaker), and also the support for beast races is almost non-existant.

But then again, this is just my opinion, and as I said, anyone can feel free to port this mod to work with SAM as long as they give the proper credit  :shy:.

Edited by Blaze69

I have to ask, why would you have the revealing clothes have their own skin? I use tattoo overlays and they disappear as well as make the legs look completely ridiculous and white as snow. This also happens with any npc I try to use the clothes on.

They don't "have their own skin", they will use whatever body textures are assigned to your character's race, just like any kind of clothing or gear that shows skin.

I don't use RaceMenu overlays, so there may be some kind of bug with the body meshes that causes them to disappear somehow, but I would have to check first.

I see, that could very well be what is causing the problems, because the skin looks very weird, but that also happened with every npc I tried with, both vanilla and custom.

Quick question: what body do you use: SOS or SAM?

I use SOS and so far I haven't had any kind of bugs like those, and the body textures show up just fine for all NPCs and the player. SAM, on the other hand, uses some kind of weird script to swap body textures on the fly, so it may be incompatible with the SOS body meshes and cause the issue you report.

In any case, I'll make sure to run some tests with the overlays as soon as I can, just in case.

EDIT: Nope, everything seems to work fine on my end, from the racial body textures to the RaceMenu overlays. Here you have some pics that show how it all works as intended:

As you can see, both the full-body "wood texture" overlay and the twin dragon tatoos at the thighs show up just fine, so whatever your problem is, it's specific to your setup. I would need more information to help you with it.

Edited by Blaze69

any chance for a cbbe bodyslide conversion?

Nope, sorry :-/. At least not from me.

I don't use CBBE and honestly I'm not going to go through the hassle of porting the whole mod to a different body and getting CBBE set up so I can test it when I don't use it.

Of course, just like with my previous post about SAM, anyone can feel free to port the mod to CBBE.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's any version of this mod that works with SAM (Shape Atlas for Men)?

Short answer: no.

There is a post in the previous page which explains it. This is the most relevant bit:

TL;DR: this mod is incompatible with SAM. I am OK with someone else making a SAM conversion and posting it somewhere as long as they credit the original authors of the assets as well as me, but I won't be the one to make a SAM version.

So far noone has shown interest on creating a SAM port, so you are out of luck, I'm afraid.

• 5 weeks later...

May I hope to get these reshaped for Sundracon body type, please?

Actually I've done with revealing hoodies and tank: post-1152941-0-36830900-1504158461_thumb.jpg

But non-revealing mesh is hard for me to edit, and it looks pretty different as compared to that of revealing: post-1152941-0-75717100-1504158475_thumb.jpg lol

May I hope to get these reshaped for Sundracon body type, please?

Actually I've done with revealing hoodies and tank. But non-revealing mesh is hard for me to edit, and it looks pretty different as compared to that of revealing.

Well, the thing is:

1) I'm away from home right now, and when I get back I'll have a ton of things to do and not much free time, so I gotta prioritize and the other mods I work on will go first for an update.

2) I don't know that Sundracon body. Is it one of the original Better Males ones? I'd rather not have to work with it, and I also would need to create a new "_0 to _1" sliderset in Outfit Studio in order to get both weight versions of the meshes.

3) Unless I come across any other modern clothing meshes with the proper permissions that I can import into Skyrim or update/create a male version of if they are already ingame, this mod is pretty much finished. I didn't plan to put much more work into it.

So, unfortunately the answer is the same as to the SAM requests: I won't be the one to do it, but if you manage to port it and want to share, send it my way and I'll upload it as a patch to the mod page and give you credit for it.