His Legacy - Episode 01

VengeanceXXX

Hey guys, small update here:

Regarding save files, the next act will take place on a new engine(Ren'py) which will have a shitload of savefiles.

I've been experimenting with a different way to do my scenes, and from my initial learning experiment with Ren'py, I made a small other game:

https://mega.nz/#!HYcADAaA!GU6dnRFWzzwlgyMc5jbb99EpACubC3HOpMUGVuCWX2w

This is a backer's only thing, but I figured that I need feedbacks right now, especially since this is an entirely new engine.

Thanks for everything so far.

Are all the chapters ever gonna be combined into a single game along with choices that do matter?

Is there ever gonna be a choice of who you get with cause the mother just kinda repulses me. Her head is a bit small for her body.

...Is there ever gonna be a choice of who you get with cause the mother just kinda repulses me. Her head is a bit small for her body.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one feeling that way. I wish I could have skipped that part as well.

...Is there ever gonna be a choice of who you get with cause the mother just kinda repulses me. Her head is a bit small for her body.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one feeling that way. I wish I could have skipped that part as well.

Part of the time her face looks like she recently had a stroke.

I honestly don't understand why so much people hating mother... maybe it's just my preferences. 

Well,sometimes you like a certain character design and sometimes you don't. It's nothing more than that. The problem is that in order to advance the player is kinda forced to endure a scene with a character he/she doesn't consider to be attractive. Therfor it's always good to let players choose whether they want to "romance" a character or not.

Love this game...

• but started with act 2... didnae know there was a story before
  • mother char is the best... real 

I honestly don't understand why so much people hating mother... maybe it's just my preferences. 

Well,sometimes you like a certain character design and sometimes you don't. It's nothing more than that. The problem is that in order to advance the player is kinda forced to endure a scene with a character he/she doesn't consider to be attractive. Therfor it's always good to let players choose whether they want to "romance" a character or not.

Yes on choices... that will make it real game 

It's written very well! it's a shame the rape-centered plot is too depressing for me, despite giving it a few shots, so might gonna have to drop it.

I'm only at chapter 1 though. Does Marcus get his face smashed in any time soon? 

Releases after chapter one doesn't have such content anymore, so it should be fine if you are willing to give it another go.

Anyway, The next version will be in ren'py and I would like to get some help in terms of your heart points after playing through everything.

Can you give me a short list of the points that you gathered? It will help a lot for the starting options in ren'py. I would like to provide as much options as possible.

A screenshot would be more than enough.

I saw the pateon page too bad only patreon gets the good stuf now. this is saddens. I do wish you luck with your project now.

Yeah, agreed. I like Daryce story, but sadly can't pay. 

My points (in one of playthroughs) - Violet 11-5-0, Gina 4-2-0, Mom 1-4-0, Clara 0-0-0, Jessica 7-0-0, Sonic 0-0-0, Voice 1-0-0, Elizabeth 0-0-0. In my other playthrough i do more things with Clara, Mom, Sonic. 

I went on your patreon, and new relationship menu seem definitely a lot better and stylish. 

I know, it sucks, but those "paid" content actually made Ethan's Legacy completely free(no delays for public release) for everyone.

I think people often miss that while Ethan's legacy is free, making Ethan's Legacy itself is NOT free. In fact, with all the assets, it's really expensive.

I wish I have the financial freedom to not do this, but sadly, I still need to use my savings to go through the months. So, yeah...

Anyway, The new version had been released. This is made in ren'py. Do check it out if you want to.

New chapter is great (thanks to renpy too), even if it's a bit short. I like relationship menus, and how we can use our powers whenever we want. I'm glad that we seems like finally find solution to all problems. What saddens me is situation with Ghost. Hope we save her soon. And i hope that hero would be a bit more masculine and determined with girls soon. Jessica, Violet, basically everyone waits it. 

VengeanceXXX, on 09 May 2017 - 1:26 PM, said:
I know, it sucks, but those "paid" content actually made Ethan's Legacy completely free(no delays for public release) for everyone.
I think people often miss that while Ethan's legacy is free, making Ethan's Legacy itself is NOT free. In fact, with all the assets, it's really expensive.
I wish I have the financial freedom to not do this, but sadly, I still need to use my savings to go through the months. So, yeah...

I know and understand all that. I can live without extras. But, Daryce is a completely new game and different story than Ethan's Legacy. That's why it's take different place in this question and more intriguing.

In the morning if  you tell Gina "Maybe" when she asks you if you want to go to lunch you get unhandled exception errors later in the day because Gina day 1 lunch-promise is undefined. Not that I didn't want to go to lunch, I was looking to see if anything different happens if you don't go to lunch with her.

Looks like all the characters transferred over pretty well to RenPy.  They still look pretty good.

I'm attaching the traceback.txt for the error.

traceback.txt

Anyway, The new version had been released. This is made in ren'py. Do check it out if you want to.

i was not complaining. i was only paying attention on your own patreon page. witch gave the vibe that there is a significant difference between patreon and public release. if you had put those mesgages under patreon lock public could not have seen the difference between patreon and public right now it only felt like tease from look what patron gets and what public gets.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71557-the-legend-of-versyl/

look at this user for instance he started to release a game here on loverlab then suddenly only patreon gets adult content and the public gets the censored version. so when i saw your changes happening i was getting the feeling that ultimately this was going to be your intent too. like many other patreon users promoting there game here on loverslab.

Well, we do have to keep some level of exclusivity, it's nearly impossible to gain any support without doing it.

However what you assumed is not true for Ethan's Legacy. The extra scenes were  short and they  don't change/ or concern the main game at all. There is no significant difference between them. They're just window dressing.

Do note that Extra stories is not the same as Extra scenes.

The extra stories are detached from the game, they are a seperate story. You don't access the extra stories by playing Ethan's legacy since they are on a seperate file. So the public and the patrons versions are essentially the same, except for some small extra scenes here and there. If I made half the plot and characters inaccesible for public, then yeah, that's fucked up. 

They are a different game, similar to Daryce. (Daryce had nothing to do with Ethan's Legacy.)

Those extra stories takes a lot of effort and time for me to make, and those are all to keep Ethan's Legacy release date same for everyone. Is it that wrong? I'm seriously scratching my head here.

If I truly went the greedy route, I could have just delayed the release of Ethan's legacy to the public and gave higher tiers of patrons faster access to the game, it takes WAY less effort for me if I do that. But I didn't. Everyone plays all releases of Ethan's legacy on the same day, Unless I feel that it needs to be tested to prevent 3 different "fixed" version withing 5 hours(happened in chapter 2-3), even then the release is only delayed by a few hours.

Unless what you're asking is for those other games to be free as well, then I don't know what I can say about that.

Archived