Citrus or other high poly head for SSE?

• 8 months later...
On 3/19/2017 at 9:52 AM, kgt said:

Do these need to be ran through nif optimizer? I've had issues with high poly faces converting and breaking before, that's why I ask. .

On 3/15/2017 at 3:59 PM, braknaar said:

I tried running the citrus .nifs through the nif optimizer utility.  But when I load the game I just get a black screen on save load.  Thanks!

I know you probably did this because not doing it will mess the head mesh up, but did you check the "Head Parts Only" option when you processed them in SSE NIF Optimizer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, kgt said:

Sorry for the necro, but I just HAD to give thanks. WOW. :| Been looking for these for an age, as Citrus has given me nothing but trouble. These look incredible in game, and so far, they actually work nicely with morphs too!

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, 1990srider said:

so does anyone one have insight on how to install these, their so great but i can't seem to get them to work properly. the game boots up and loads and i see the meshes working but it freezes moments later

Just installed and it works fine for me on Special Edition with no conversion. I just installed them with NMM. There are two download links make sure you are using the one for "users".

Cool im using mod organizer 2 do you have to install manually/ do you have to put them in the data folder like for some reason it hasnt worked for me :/

ive tried just putting the entire zip file that you download for users into mod organizer is there an extra step im missing? Thanks by the way for replying

OK I figured it out after a lot of playing around so. This is for skyrim SE

1. Download Eriks high poly heads unzip them 

2. Now go download the nif optimizer tool https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089 unzip it run the exe

3. check head parts only box in the nif optimizer window search into your high poly heads until you get to the nif folder dont go any deeper just select it in the explorer window.

4. click select. hit the optimize button. I did this to make sure. uncheck head parts box hit optimize again, the in the left hand corner hit check textures it will ask to hit the same file that your working in if not find it. hit optimize these last two steps may not be needed to optimize but I did it because ive done this before and something didnt work.

5. now go into  C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Meshes\actors\character make a backup copy of your character folder in case something happens your about to override some files. 

6. go into your now optimized high poly heads by erik folder go into data/nif copy both the character assets and facegen data past them in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Meshes\actors\character inside that character folder it will ask you to replace existing files click yes to all.

now back up. 

7. go to 

watch this video to install the creation kit do everything he says.

8. now in creation kit go to tab in left corner  file> data in the drop down, a window will pop up double click these boxes Skyrim.esm, Dawngaurd.esm, hearthfires.esm and dragon born.esm  also is you have other mods active in your mod manager that have to do with npc face changes click them as well until they all have X's in the both. the reason why for the other mods is because they can over-right the generated data your about to do so I believe anytime you add a new mod that changes facial features in the game you have to redo this step and down. click ok in the window give it a bit. Note** Warnings will pop up do not worry they are not harmful click ignore yes to all. This will take time.

9. once its done go over to the object window on the left side . if its not open go to view>object window in the left corner.

10.  where it says actors in the object window click it. there should be three actors drop downs right after the other click the middle one.

11. to the right of that a list off actors will generate under editor id click the top one dont open it just select it then go to very bottom of that list Shift+click " select them all" 

12. after every actor is selected press "ctrl+F4" a window will pop up ask you to continue exporting facegen data just hit yes. This Will take a long time be patient. any warning windows pop up hit ignore all.

13.once the end of the world has came an awesome little done button will pop up hit it a bunch or warnings about missing tint masks and other stuff will pop up this may cause just a neck seem issue from what someone else reported

14. i don't think this matters but I went to file> export > body part data it will ask you where in the window I named it face gen data i saved it in the character folder from earlier again I don't think this step is needed. 

15. if you have Fnis I would run it after this as well you can also exit out of the creation kit. and try playing the game it worked for me heads up though i have Fnis i ran it after just in case as well. It should work it did for me. as soon as the game save i typed in showracemenu as a command made my Char then saved loaded the game again just in case then did the same when i got by a town This is for skyrim SE by the way

optimized nif files so you CAN SKIP SOME STUFF

Skyrim_HighPoly_Heads_for_users_W.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/19/2017 at 11:52 PM, kgt said:

Thanks for the upload! Been searching this to edit some custom NPCs for personal use. The newer VP HighPoly Heads aren't the same, so still had to find this old one for use.