inheritance with whoring mods

jhpda

In serveral mods here, a more open sexual behaviour is implemented, with women having sex with many different man. At the same time, inheritance is an important part of CK2 gameplay. This is no problem when palying with female rulers, as the mother is always certain. There is a problem with father-son inheritance though, wich is the most common inheritanc form.

So what to do when you want an open sexual society while still playing a substantial amount of male characters?

One approach is trying to prevent wifes from beein whores, but that takes one of the most important charather out of the fun.

An alternative would be trying to implent some kind of inheritance called "mother's brother-sister's son" inheritance. This inheritance form has happend historically in about 8% of societies (sources: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0140525X0004552010.1098/rspb.2012.1926

), especially in societies where sex was more open. The basic idea is that when paternity is uncertain, your sisters sons are statisically more closly related to you than your wifes sons.

As far as I know, inheritance laws can not be modded (appart from who can use them). A possible workaround would be to always give children there mothers dynasty and use tanitry or elecitve gavelkind succesion laws, as theese ensure that your kinsman inherit.

In the Amazonia Returns mod (and the Amazons in the War Hammer mod and in my own Darkest Perversions mod), all children born to amazon mothers automatically get their mother's dynasty.  The inheritance you describe probably could be coded with some creativity.  It is definitely intriguing.

DW has a "correct dynasty" option that could be turned into an on birth event as desired.

My usual gameplay solution, when playing as a male character, has simply been to never marry, and then pick and choose from my many bastard offspring to legitimize one or more exceptional ones so they'll become my heirs.

There is a problem with father-son inheritance though, wich is the most common inheritanc form.

So what to do when you want an open sexual society while still playing a substantial amount of male characters?

Simple. There's only a problem if you want there to be a problem, and I generally don't.

Seem as if my view of the game is significantly different from other people here.

For me, you do not play a charachter in this game, but a dynasty. I love playing with inheritance and use the way theese mechanics work. I don't really see much use for imortality for that reason for example.

For me, internal consistancy is important to enjoy games.

All solutions presented here are personal solutions. I was talking about how society reacts.

And when paternity is not certain, Father-Son succession does not make sence.

I do like the the abilities NoxBestia came up though.

Will discovering your wifes infidelity with society abilities give you imprisonment/execution reason or not?

That depends on how whether members of the society think that a rulers wife sould have an  open relationships or not.

The bastard method is strange to me though. It feels like an exploit, unless there are flavour events describing how theese practice is seen as normal. Instead, your spymaster sugests getting rid of bastards.

Additionaly, this strategy lacks to give you your wifes stats (unless you marry 40+ women. Again, needs flavour to jusitfy that), and you can't play the inheritance game.

I guess the question would be: in a sexually open society does it actually matter who the biological father of a child is, or is it more important who raises that child?  In that sense raising a child that was fathered on your wife with someone else might still make sense if the biological connection was not what was considered important.

Archived