What I am doing wrong in Outfit Studio?

the_mess

Sooo I simply want to change the bodyslide preset for some outfits. What I am doing is picking the desired preset, it changes properly, then I save the outfit as new outfit (.nif I believe it was). But its not changed in the game, why is that? I thought it has to do something with the weight options and I tried both - single weight and low/high but its still not changing in the game. (???)

Ohhh I get what you mean. BUT I thought the outfits have their separate pre-set slides so they are not affected by the global femalebody that's being build by the bodyslide creator. And the global body is affecting only the complete nude characters (without any equipped armor), while the armor is using its own slide preset. 

I came up to that conclussion because I have some armors with said preset and if I use the nude them all ring from the Unified (?) or whatever it was mod, which unequips all armor from the characters, they are using a different preset which is the same as my global body preset, which differs from some armors presets. (I am not talking about full armors, but like EasyGirls jeans if you know the mod, its basically jeans with naked upper body).

• 2 weeks later...

I found out what I am doing wrong - I had to save the outfit with reference to work.

Anyway now I have another problem. With some outfits even though they are stated to be CBBE converted/compatible, the body is clipping here and there outside the outfit. The most basic example - the unzipped vault suit - the whole bottom is clipping when the character is moving - how I can fix this?

The Unzipped Vault suit actually uses a Zap slider inside Bodyslide to delete most of the body from the suit.

post-321913-0-94379700-1490947922_thumb.jpg

Since the suit covers every part of the body except the chest, the rest of the body is zap'd out of the nif (mesh).

If however you are building the outfit to your specific shape in "Outfit Studio" the zap slider is not present if you just load the outfit from the bodyslide/shapedata folder....

How to get your outfits to generate correctly (since you are just tweaking presets vs converting a mesh from say Janebody or skyrim to FO4 cbbe).

In the top left corner of Bodyslide type in the outfit in question (vaultsuit). Then in the Top Right drop down choose the Open version (may be listed as 2pac if it is part of 2pac's set, or one of the others).

Next click on the preview botton (center bottom) and move the preview window out of the way so you can play with the sliders/presets etc while still looking at what the outfit will look like). Choose your preset (top right second drop down option). Look at the preview and make sure that is what you want....

If the Preview window shows what you want in game then click the "Build" Button (center bottom)... And you should get a message about outfit generated to x location (which for the vault suit it is Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\clothes\Vault111Suit\FemaleVault111Suit.nif).

Note: "Batch Build" is for building multiple outfits to your preset for single outfits just use the build button.

Note 2: if you are using the mod that allows you to adjust the zipper in game for the vault suit... That one actually uses 3 different nif's.

And you will need to create each one. or Choose the group that has all 3 in it and batch build just those 3.

Zap Sliders are used in Bodyslide to reduce the mesh size and material needed to be drawn in game by removing bits of the mesh (on in the case of Abe's Sexy red dress by removing different meshes from the nif).

Wow, thanks for the great answer bro! I'll check it in the outfit studio out when I get home, 'cause I am at work now. Now I just have to ask if the suit is removing the body, why it gets visible when the character moves? I mean, if only the chest is exposed and the rest is removed while the outfit is quipped, doesn't this means that it "basically" renders the covered body invisible?

Archived