Wickedwhims 2.1.2.095 Issues

Turbodriver,

1st off,  thanks for creating this mod.  And to the other animation creators as well.  It really makes TS4 more fun to play.

But I've seen a couple things that I've had happen that I haven't seen anyone else bring up.

Penis issues:  I've seen several things reported about this but what I've seeing about 25% of the time, the penis meshes are not switching from the soft to hard during some animations as they should.  Mostly this happens if you use the game's woohoo options before running an animation or in between running animations.  The in game fix is easy as all that you need to do is change the clothing to fully dressed then back to completely undressed using the wicked outfits option.   I've also seen some times when a sim appears naked but the game says it changed them to everyday.   This usually happens after sims get out of bed.  It might be an interaction between WW and MCCC's woohoo/sleep naked options.  Not a big issue.  Just FYI.

Random actions:  What I'm seeing is that the sequencing is getting broken sometimes between the 1st and 2nd animations in a sequence mostly.  Occasionally, it'll do it at other points during a sequence.  And for some reason, it happens every time for the anal animations and occasionally for teasing.  Haven't seen it happen in the other animation groups.

Hate Children Trait:  For females with the hate children trait, the animations won't proceed to climax for anal, oraljob or handjob without a condom like they used to with earlier versions.  A condom must be used to get the climax animations to proceed.  It doesn't matter if the female is the initiator or receiver of the action.  On the other hand, males with the trait have no problem proceeding to the climax animations in those 3 areas.  Also, when a female with the trait is asked to join an in progress action to for a threesome, it seems that the trait doesn't seem to come into play at all.

Exhibition:  A couple of things here.  I like the reaction system you've created but it's doing a couple of odd things.  If you have exhibition on when you go to a party or club with a DJ, as soon as a female drops her top, the NPC DJs react by quitting playing music and then keeps trying every minute or so to restart the music creating a cycle of on again, off again music. I've seen it happen with NPC bartenders and NPC street performers too (the street performers just quit).  It doesn't seem to happen when a guy drops his shirt, only the girls.  The only way I've found to stop it happening is to turn exhibition off when at those venues.  You might want to consider building in something to exempt the DJs and bartenders from reacting so they will still keep doing their jobs.

Another amusing thing that happens is if you have MCCC also running with the naked exercise option enabled then go to a gym.  Any sim at the gym who does not have exhibition skill, keeps stopping and restarting exercising constantly.  The good thing out of it is that the exhibition score for your active sim will max out almost immediately doing it that way.  Nothing for you to do about it since it's a case of the two mods interacting and easily avoided by either disabling MCCC's option or turning off exhibition when you send a sim to the gym.  Just wanted to point it out FYI.

Another odd thing is at a non residential lot that if you ask a played but not active lot female who has maxed exhibition skill to get naked but who has already dropped her top but not the bra, she will strip off everything but the bra and you can't ask her to get naked again.  To get her completely naked you have to ask her to redress then ask again for her to get naked.

It also seems to be some differences in the autonomous exhibitions between the world and on a lot.  Out in the world like at the festivals, when the girls strip off their tops, the bra comes too in one action and the same thing happens when they strip off the pants,  but on a lot like a bar or club, the girls strip the tops and bras separately and same for the pants.  This happens for the guys too.  Nothing wrong with the way it seems to be happening, just odd why it would do it that way.

This isn't a bug but one thing I am finding annoying about exhibition is that sims will not finish a meal without getting up and stripping off their tops in the middle of the meal and end up standing around the table eating and you have to tell them to sit down again.  Is there anything you can do that if they do strip, that they would sit down again or even just hold off stripping until the end of the meal?

Woohoo:  I like that you've got the game counting the woohoo actions in the animations so you can complete the date woohoo action via the animations instead of using only the game's built in woohoo actions.  But when on a date and you get the woohoo your date task, the game will no longer count/score the game's built in woohoo in the bed.  The only way that it will count is if you do it with a WW animation. 

Anyway, thanks again for all the great work you've done on the mod. 

HM

Great Mod! I´m looking forward to the planned options! It seems there are 2 little Problems: 1. after downloading and updating to the newest Version it doesn´t show the correct Version when I start the game, so I´m not sure if it is realy the newest. 2. When Im entering the settings and go thru all the options the space where the options wher shown gets smaller every time I change in an other menu. What can I do?

I used to have this mod and then I deleted it bc it wouldn't work, kept saying error, well now a couple months later I want it back in my game. I made sure everything was updated (my game and origin) and I installed the most updated version (3.16.17 I think) and it will not show up in my game. I cannot figure out for the life of me what's going on. SOMEONE PLZ HELP.

Hey Hokieman!

Without any clear instructions of reproducing penis issues, I can't help anybody. I haven't encountered any problems and I can only instruct people to make sure they have everything installed properly.

What do you mean by sequences? What's the problem?

The Hate Children Trait does not allow climax because it is one of the categories that can get a sim pregnant. Males should be reacting to it too, there are no gender checks around that, but only if they can get pregnant, otherwise, they don't care. But maybe they should. I will test the group sex with this trait.

It's a difficult situation because you might want them to react, but then you don't want specific sims to react all the time and then you might even want these specific sims to react anyway because of how to situation changes. There is no way to handle everything, but I see how some things can be annoying and should be improved. I will work on it.

I would like to offer more nudity options, like nude exercise, but then again, there are these situations where you want sims to react, but not all the time. And what if an NPC sims reacted, but once, and you haven't seen it and then you're upset that the sim is not reacting. Can't make it perfect.

Can't seem to reproduce your issue with the bra.

Sims with high enough exhibitionism skill level will appear on lots with already undress underwear and won't do it if they haven't already done that. So when they undress, they will undress to the underwear and then undress the underwear.

I have to try adding low priority undressing interactions which should stop interrupting some already running interactions. The thing with eating is that the sims can do some other things while holding objects so it doesn't see a reason not to do it. Sitting is just a different posture, not an active interaction and holding food is just carrying an object so the sim doesn't see a problem to stand up and change the outfit. Problematic, but maybe can be improved.

Default woohoo has some interference with sex and that is why situations like that appear. Normal woohoo whims are a problem, making them exist with WW sex can't be solved easily so they have to go. Tasks like the date sex are somewhat supported but it's not an elegant solution. In some situations, I can't handle both and the default woohoo might have to go at some point, but I don't see a reason why for now.

Thanks for pointing these things out, it's helpful when someone pays attention to the trivial elements of the mod and it helps me to assess the situation and quality of some solutions. I don't want to be ever done with anything that already exists in the mod and I am open to even remove things if they are not a fun addition to the game.

Thanks for the response Turbodriver!

As a follow up, the penis issues have pretty much gone away with the latest update (03-16-17, 2.1.2.095.2) as far as I can see.  What I'm seeing now is that there is sometimes a little noticeable delay in the first part of an animation switching the bottom meshes to the hard mesh (animation starts with the soft mesh) every once in awhile but mostly it's gone away and not noticeable for the most part any more most of the time.

What I call sequencing is when there are a series of animations that are set up to play in a row one right after the other that may cross the categories as they play until stopping with the climax animation.  For instance, Amra72 starts with a teasing animation, then goes to several vaginal animations which play in order then a climax animation.  Several other animators do the same thing.  What I was trying to say before is that up until 2.1.2.093 when you added the randomization within the categories, these animations would play in the same order every time without fail.  Since 2.1.2.093, some of them don't anymore.  This is especially true with Mike24's doggie animations in the anal category for some reason.  Instead of following the previous order, they don't play in order and now you may get any animation from any category following his first animation in the sequence.  Some of Amra72's that start in the teasing category do the same and will go random instead of the previous order too.  I'm not sure where the problem lies as I have no idea how these things are put together.  All I see is that the animations are not playing in the same order like they used to and just wanted to point it out. 

The thing with meals was me venting a little.  EA did such a bad job with it initially and created the musical chairs situation which annoys the hell out of me.  And even though they say it's been improved but I sure can't see it.    I'm an old TS2 player and it was handled a lot better in that game.  I just wish that it worked better overall.   What drives me nuts is not the sims getting up to strip.  I like that.  It's the not sitting back down again autonomously.   Don't spend a lot of time on it but if there is anything you can reasonably do, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks for listening.

HM

I would need to think about it more but the only thing that I am sure about with stages (sequences) is roles compatibility. If two sims are playing the first stage of an animation, it doesn't mean that the next stage is compatible with the current actors. It can be that the first stage is allowed for, let's say, two males, but not the next one. That was an issue in WW a release ago and now there is no way that a stage will play an animation that is no allowed for current actors.

I just tried interactions priorities with undressing and no, that doesn't help and there is not much I can do about it if the interaction doesn't require an object to do it. Sims just can do these things in situations like that and I would need to add a bunch of manual special checks for that to not happen. I could make it so sims won't undress via autonomy if they are sitting, it makes somewhat sense that way.

No problem.  I appreciate your trying.  Don't worry about it.  It's really not that big of a deal.  It's not like it's the only thing in TS4 that is annoying like sims walking away in the middle of a conversation and most of it is the way that EA coded the game so poorly.  Like all the other bits and pieces, it's something that we'll all live with.  Thanks again for looking at it.

HM

• 11 months later...

Archived