Game won't save on one household, but works fine for another

leorich

Hello, I'm a newbie here and I'm super enjoying this incredible mods!

But, I think I have such a bizzare problem. There's this particular household that won't save (always getting the error can't save message) since I installed the mods, but then when I try another, it works perfectly fine. Knew that this household was the last game I played before installing the mods.

Anyone can help me solve the problem?

Hey leorich!

Posting Exception Files
Exception files can be found in The Sims 4 documents folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4). The most important file is called 'lastException.txt'. Additionally, there can be a file called 'WickedWhimsException.txt' which could be helpful too. Please look for the most recently created files since they will most likely be related to your issue.

You can include these files in your post or upload the contents of them to a sharing site like Pastebin. To use Pastebin, open your file, copy its contents to the site and create a new a new paste. Then copy the link of the site you're at after creating a paste and include it in your post.

Note that 'lastCrash.txt' files aren't useful to help your problem.

Hey leorich!

Posting Exception Files

Exception files can be found in The Sims 4 documents folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4). The most important file is called 'lastException.txt'. Additionally, there can be a file called 'WickedWhimsException.txt' which could be helpful too. Please look for the most recently created files since they will most likely be related to your issue.

You can include these files in your post or upload the contents of them to a sharing site like Pastebin. To use Pastebin, open your file, copy its contents to the site and create a new a new paste. Then copy the link of the site you're at after creating a paste and include it in your post.

Note that 'lastCrash.txt' files aren't useful to help your problem.

Thank you for your fast answer!

Here I included the lastException file ( http://pastebin.com/HfZ7zabW ) but I couldn't find the WhickedWhims one in my folder. Is that normal?

You sure have some odd problems with saving/loading the game. From the exception file, it seems like it's not related to any mod you might have installed.

The game tries to save an uninstantiated zone that is not cached in your game and I don't see a reason why that would be the case.

I can only assume that the game itself shouldn't be doing that, so try removing your mods for now and see if you can find the cause by installing mods separately. Make separate saves to avoid issues with your original save.

Note that mods on its own might seem to work, but the combination of them can result in issues.

Archived