WHY Is My Game STILL Crashing?

Neda

Why is my game still crashing? I swear I should have a  "Stable" game. (BTW I am a complete scrub when it comes to modding) I've cleaned all my files including my mod files with TES5Edit. (Watched many different guides so I didn't mess anything up) I use Loot every time I start up the game and I always do what it recommends.  I've created a Wyre Bash Patch. And as a added bonus I run FNIS every time.

My System Specs are not the problem (My computer is no BEAST by any means)

Asus Strix R9 390 

i5 6600k Oced to 4.4 GHz 

16 GBS ram

850 watt PSU

and that's about all that should matter - Obviously, I have no problem with any other games or my PC in general.

My game crashes after about 2-15 minutes. It's always random. I'm never doing a certain thing. This is really annoying. I'm even contemplating buying a 1080 just to run this game flawlessly. As of right now, I'm using the RealVsion ENB and it looks great. But I'm not able to keep that 60fps.

Anyways I would just love some help to figure out why I don't have a stable game. Here's my Mod List, Don't make fun of my "Womanly" mods xD -

89047c4468.pngdf31be6685.png263c4c0b49.png

If you were able to make it through all that your sexy! Do you see any Mods that could cause an unstable game? I really appreciate the help!

- Hopefully this is enough info for you to help me out -

Hi, first of all start to use Mod Organizer, it's a lot better and easier to manage your mods with MO that NMM, check the configuration of your SKSE.ini and enblocal.ini to manage the memory and is not necessary to run LOOT and FNIS everytime you play the game.

Hi, first of all start to use Mod Organizer, it's a lot better and easier to manage your mods with MO that NMM, check the configuration of your SKSE.ini and enblocal.ini to manage the memory and is not necessary to run LOOT and FNIS everytime you play the game.

Here's my enblocal.ini

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=14336
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=true
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=30.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=false
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

And then I actually didn't have "SKSE.ini" in "SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Date/SKSE" so I made one and put this in it

[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[Memory]
defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

Do these seem OK? 

If you use skse memory patch.. you want to set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true to ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false

You want to either disable the brute force and free vram in your enblocal or through the in game ENB settings or make sure you are not inadvertantly hitting those hotkeys.

As stated before.. you want to use mod organizer if you are going to be modding that heavily... there is no telling what assets you have overwritten inadvertantly... such as XPMSE skeleton.

You also want to use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/? due to the number of mods that you have with a high usage of strings. (also as stated before)

To put it simply... you should not jump into the fire with that many mods without putting all the right tools in place.   Go slowly..  start off with fewer mods.. learn how to use TES5edit, Loot, mod organizer, Bash..  it takes a lot of research to be using that heavy of a load in your game while maintaining stability.

There are a few guides available here http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page

And go through the sticky on this forum here..  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43043-skyrim-modding-guide/

Nexus Mod Manager is not as good as Mod Organizer but I'm going to concentrate on one thing at a time here.  If you wish to continue using NMM because it's easier to understand, that's fine.  It does not create problems.  I personally like the fact that NMM is more compatible with 99% of the mods out there when it comes to installation.  So it has one advantage.  However, I believe NMM will soon be obsolete so that's something to keep in mind.  Correct me if I'm wrong, people.

That said, Neda, your NMM clearly looks outdated.  You should look to updating it soon, not now.  With that aside, do you see that white notepad-like button under the Thumbs-Up button on the left hand side of NMM?  Could you click that, export your plugin list to a text document, and then copy and paste that here?  I want to take a glance at your load order because chances are if you always run LOOT before playing the game it's been screwing up your load order.  I find that LOOT is only about 90% correct in its placement of mod plugins.  I only use LOOT probably once a month on average.

In the meantime, change some variables in your enblocal.ini and see how well that goes:

change EnableProxyLibrary=false

set the max for ReservedMemorySizeMb=1024, you seem to have enough juice in your PC to do this.

change EnableFPSLimit=true

This is optional, but under [ADAPTIVEQUALITY] toggle Enable to false.  It might help your game run smoother without this resource intensive feature.  However, I don't recall if it's required for RealVision ENB.  Therefore, optional, but it wouldn't hurt to disable this and try it out.

Finally, in the SKSE.ini, you can set the ScrapHeapSize to 768 since you have ExpandSystemMemoryX64 set to true.  Most people recommend setting ExandSystemMemoryX64 to false which allows you to set your ScrapHeapSize higher to 1024 but I find there are a lot of glitches with my ENB depth of field.  Therefore, also try setting ScrapHeapSize to 1024 with ExpandSystemMemoryX64 set to false if you're feeling adventurous.  You can't have both, it's only one or the other or your game will crash at the menu screen.  Note:  ExpandSystemMemoryX64 is in enblocal.ini.

Also, one last thing, how does your game perform on a completely new game start from the beginning?

NMM will be obsolete.. sorta.. nexus hired Tannin (creator of Mod organizer) to rewrite NMM.    So it will be rewritten.. but nobody knows how close to the original it will remain.  I would assume they will try to keep it fairly simple for those who use NMM to understand the rewritten version.

NMM will be obsolete.. sorta.. nexus hired Tannin (creator of Mod organizer) to rewrite NMM.    So it will be rewritten.. but nobody knows how close to the original it will remain.  I would assume they will try to keep it fairly simple for those who use NMM to understand the rewritten version.

Thank you, that was really useful to know.

Why is my game still crashing? I swear I should have a  "Stable" game. (BTW I am a complete scrub when it comes to modding) I've cleaned all my files including my mod files with TES5Edit. (Watched many different guides so I didn't mess anything up) I use Loot every time I start up the game and I always do what it recommends.  I've created a Wyre Bash Patch. And as a added bonus I run FNIS every time.

Beside other possible stuff: That means you possibly change your load order every time you start the game? That alone is (a possible) reason enough to break it. If you want to be sure your game is stable, install the mods you want to use, do your load order stuff, then start a new game and never touch it again during that game. If you add a mod, make a backup of your load order (MO can do that, no idea about NMM), see where loot puts that new mod, restore the backup and sort that new mod manually.

Do not whatsoever uninstall any mod with a script druing a running game. If you want to test a mod, make a new profile, try the mod, and if you are sure you want to have it in your main game you can add it.

Nexus Mod Manager is not as good as Mod Organizer but I'm going to concentrate on one thing at a time here.  If you wish to continue using NMM because it's easier to understand, that's fine.  It does not create problems.  I personally like the fact that NMM is more compatible with 99% of the mods out there when it comes to installation.  So it has one advantage.  However, I believe NMM will soon be obsolete so that's something to keep in mind.  Correct me if I'm wrong, people.

That said, Neda, your NMM clearly looks outdated.  You should look to updating it soon, not now.  With that aside, do you see that white notepad-like button under the Thumbs-Up button on the left hand side of NMM?  Could you click that, export your plugin list to a text document, and then copy and paste that here?  I want to take a glance at your load order because chances are if you always run LOOT before playing the game it's been screwing up your load order.  I find that LOOT is only about 90% correct in its placement of mod plugins.  I only use LOOT probably once a month on average.

In the meantime, change some variables in your enblocal.ini and see how well that goes:

set the max for ReservedMemorySizeMb=1024, you seem to have enough juice in your PC to do this.

This is optional, but under [ADAPTIVEQUALITY] toggle Enable to false.  It might help your game run smoother without this resource intensive feature.  However, I don't recall if it's required for RealVision ENB.  Therefore, optional, but it wouldn't hurt to disable this and try it out.

Finally, in the SKSE.ini, you can set the ScrapHeapSize to 768 since you have ExpandSystemMemoryX64 set to true.  Most people recommend setting ExandSystemMemoryX64 to false which allows you to set your ScrapHeapSize higher to 1024 but I find there are a lot of glitches with my ENB depth of field.  Therefore, also try setting ScrapHeapSize to 1024 with ExpandSystemMemoryX64 set to false if you're feeling adventurous.  You can't have both, it's only one or the other or your game will crash at the menu screen.  Note:  ExpandSystemMemoryX64 is in enblocal.ini.

Also, one last thing, how does your game perform on a completely new game start from the beginning?

We'll thanks man! With installing "Crash Fixes"  http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2551-crash-fixes/ my game didn't crash for over an hour. I was able to complete a quest I was never able to do before without it crashing at some point. Sooooo I think that fixed the crashing issue. Here's my ENB ini

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true

[GLOBAL]
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true

[MULTIHEAD]
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=14336
EnableCompression=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false

[ENGINE]
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=60.0

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=true
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=30.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=false
RemoveBlur=false
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

What would - EnableProxyLibary=False - and setting - ReservedMemorySizeMb=1024 do for me? 

Like I said my system isn't too beefy and it gets 15-30 fps most of the time in the wilds and usually 50-60 indoors. 

We'll thanks man! With installing "Crash Fixes"  http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2551-crash-fixes/ my game didn't crash for over an hour. I was able to complete a quest I was never able to do before without it crashing at some point. Sooooo I think that fixed the crashing issue. Here's my ENB ini

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true

[GLOBAL]
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true

[MULTIHEAD]
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=14336
EnableCompression=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false

[ENGINE]
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=60.0

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=true
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=30.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=false
RemoveBlur=false
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

What would - EnableProxyLibary=False - and setting - ReservedMemorySizeMb=1024 do for me? 

Like I said my system isn't too beefy and it gets 15-30 fps most of the time in the wilds and usually 50-60 indoors. 

Setting EnableProxyLibary=False will disable side loading other d3d9.dll's like smaa.dll. 

ReservedMemorySizeMb is the swap space for textures & stuff used in the current frame& coming frames. This should only be increased if you get stuttering, however setting it too high can cause worse stuttering.  Basically find a visual taxing area of the game and spin 360 and see if you get stuttering. (note: stuttering can be caused by other things like too many scripts running.)

Archived