Adding Giant Animations

I am in the process of setting up to make some animations involving giants, and I have a few questions.

I will be adding them to the SexLab CreatureAnimationDefaults for the time being for convenience.

As best as I can determine, the giant's animations are added to to the folder in giant\animations\SexLabCreature and are listed in the FNIS_SexLabCreatures_Giant_List.  The human animations are added to the  folder in character\animations\SexLabCreature and are listed in the FNIS_SexLabCreature_List.  Is this correct?

Is is possible to have solo giant animations?  If so, would they be placed/listed in the giant's folder, even though it is an A1 position?

Is it possible to have giant on giant animations?  If so, would they be both placed/listed in the giant's folder?

Are there any special considerations when working with creature animations as opposed to humans?

TIA for any information/assistance.

Hi, you just have to create the FNIS file correctly, because the behavior file has to go in the right place.

Just for testing/developing, is OK to alter SexLab files. But don't do it for a public release.

Technically is possible to start animations involving only creatures.

But there are very few mods able to do it.

And beware of the SLAL definition for Creature on Creature, without a patch them are not working (in case multiple races are used.)

Hi, you just have to create the FNIS file correctly, because the behavior file has to go in the right place.

Just for testing/developing, is OK to alter SexLab files. But don't do it for a public release.

Technically is possible to start animations involving only creatures.

But there are very few mods able to do it.

And beware of the SLAL definition for Creature on Creature, without a patch them are not working (in case multiple races are used.)

Hi CPU  :)

I haven't decided if I am going to release this or not; but if I did it would be a standalone mod like my other animation mod.  I have replaced all the meshes (used a heavily altered SOS bodybuilder), adjusted the skeleton, and altered all of the main animations to fit the body, as well as specific SOS animations/behaviours to fit the larger genitals.  With all of that now working, I would like to have some sex animations. 

Isn't there .json loading abilities built into SexLab now?  SLAL is too restrictive for my type of animations.

I was planning on using your SSX to possibly set up rules to initiate sex.  I haven't yet worked much with your more resent releases; so I don't know if it is possible or not.  I am going to just use matchmaker to initiate the scenes for testing purposes. 

Is what I stated in my OP correct?  Where the animations are placed? 

Would it work to have solo animations only listed/placed in the giant's folder?

My initial tests ended up with the giant simply running the base idle animations; so I am doing something wrong.

SL, in the current version, only partially supports reading the anim definition from json files. But most of the code is there.

Probably Ashal will complete it for V1.63

Yes, SSX is one of the few mods able to start this type of animation.

I will give a look to the correct folders for the animations. I did very little on creature animations, so I am not sure if I cannot see my installation.

Excellent!  I was hoping SSX would work.  I've got some big plans..... lol.

Any information or guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.  At least I know that I'm on the right track.

I don't know what we would do without you.  ;)

Thank you. :D

ETA:  I got it to work with a solo animation.  I changed the actor to A2 and put it in the giant\creatures folder and it played.  WHOOT!!  LOL.  :D

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, CPU (or whomever can help).  I got the giant animations working in SexLab.  Now I would like to add them to my M2M mod so that they are separate.  I added the animations to the script, which resulted in them being added to the character animations in the Sexlab MCM.  I assume that I need some way to distinguish the creature from the character.  I don't know enough about scripting to know what I need to do.  I have attached the 4 scripts from my mod (which you actually wrote... lol).  If you would be so kind as to instruct me as to what I need to change or add.  Thank you so much in advance. 

To add:  I believe that I have the folder structure correct.  The animations are in the same place as they were with SexLab, just with my mod name instead.  I also have FNIS set to write the behavior files. 

M2MAnimationsScript.psc

M2MOnLoadScript.psc

M2MSSLMCM.psc

M2MSSLOnLoadMCM.psc

Hi, tomorrow I will try.

I am still without a PC, so I can try to do it only by hand.

Excellent!  Anything you can do to point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

There's no rush.  I'm still working on the animations and can test them through Sexlab.

Did your pc die?

Your code is fun.

I think you took the structure from NSAP V3, and this code was done by me for Rydin.

:D

I recognize it, it is my style of coding.

Now, what is that is not working as you want?

You are speaking about "Animations for Giants" if I am not wrong.

In case, be aware that you cannot use "SexabAnimationRegistry" but you need to use "SexLabCreatureAnimationRegistry", and add a couple of lines in each animation registration to assign the RaceType "Giants".

Your code is fun.

I think you took the structure from NSAP V3, and this code was done by me for Rydin.

:D

I recognize it, it is my style of coding.

Yes it is your code, I already stated that:

I have attached the 4 scripts from my mod (which you actually wrote... lol)

I suppose you have forgotten about the PMs that you, Rydin, and I exchanged when I was altering it for my use.  Granted, it was over a year ago.  ;)

Now, what is that is not working as you want?

The Giant animations are registering in the character menu of Sexlab and not the creature menu.

You are speaking about "Animations for Giants" if I am not wrong.

In case, be aware that you cannot use "SexabAnimationRegistry" but you need to use "SexLabCreatureAnimationRegistry", and add a couple of lines in each animation registration to assign the RaceType "Giants".

There is a commented line in the Script:

Base.RaceType= "Giants"

Is that what you are referring? 

Are these anims to be played by "humanoids" or "giants"?

Skeleton are different, and Giants are considered as Creatures by SexLab.

P.S. I am an old guy, and my memory is no more fresh...

P.S. I am an old guy, and my memory is no more fresh...

LOL... not a problem, I am old too.  I just wanted to be sure that you didn't think I was taking credit for your work.

Are these anims to be played by "humanoids" or "giants"?

Skeleton are different, and Giants are considered as Creatures by SexLab.

Both, or more precisely, there are Giant/Human interactions. 

Yes, I understand that, since I have altered the Giant skeleton to fit the body mesh I am using.

The Giant animations are placed in the giant/animations/SexlabCreature folder and the human are placed in the character/animations/SexlabCreature folder, and are entered in the sslCreatureAnimationsDefaults.  That works.

What I want is to move the animations to M2MCreature folders and have your script register them as Creature in Sexlab; which it isn't doing in it's present state.  It registers them as Human.

(I have looked for other examples; but all the other mods are using .json to register their animations.  Json, in it's present state, is too restrictive for my purposes and I have no idea when SexLab will update it's use of it.)

I think I am pretty good with scripting.

And, if all goes well, from this Monday I will be able to mod again. (Fingers crossed.)

I agree!  With what you have built, you are VERY good with scripting.  ;)

Yay!  Are you getting electricity connected then? 

Got it done today.

Final touches tomorrow, and then I will have a new working home.

Woohoo!  That must be a great feeling, to finally have that done and be settled. 

So what did you mean by "hopefully monday" to get back to modding?  Did you order a new pc, or is it just having the time? 

Monday I will buy the pieces of my new rig. And then I will build it.

Monday I will work (RL) during the morning, so I will have the afternoon free (right now I am working in the afternoon and I will continue until midnight here, that will be 6PM for my clients.)

I am not sure how long will take to build the new rig, but should not be more than a few hours.

But I am no 100% sure I will have available all the pieces I want for Monday morning.

Archived