Is Mod Organizer 2 worth it ? (Oldrim)

mangalo

Hey there,

Several mods use tools with a 64 bits version, such as DynDOLOD, that does heavy calculation. Hence I wonder if switching from Mod Organizer to its beta version 2 (which supports 64bit) is worth it.

Is anyone using it here ? Is it stable ? Are there major limitations when it comes to Oldrim ?

At this point DynDOLOD just brain farts everytime it has to generate its file, using 64bit tools could make better use of my CPU.

Thanks for your feedback

I use mo2 for both sse and fallout 4, at present though I would say not to use it for oldrim, in my view its a bit too, ermm, quirky to use with it.

In my case wryebash for both fallout and see do not work, no error messages from either mo2 or wrye, program just starts up locks mo2 for a bit then exits, log files are not giving me too much help either.  Errors from them imply that the python is not installed properly which is odd as I use the standalone exe version.  Sooner or later I will get around to sorting this out with a post in tech support forums, hopefully somebody will know where to look to find out what the hell is going on with it.

Fnis for sse does the same thing as wrye, not working in other words.

Edit a file in either ck or xedit, finish and save it, then try to run the game or re-start editor/xedit, mo2 instant ctd.

Development for it is very slow with tannin moving over to nexus, and a new person taking over, it will probably get there but I would not hold my breath.  There again there is no real indication when the new nmm from tannin and co is going to appear either, so both mo and nmm are pretty much just passing time while things happen in the background.

You can also see the github page for the new person here; https://github.com/LePresidente/modorganizer/releases

well the guy making MO2 is now working for nexus to make their replacement for NMM. best thing to do is just backup and give it a try

He's without a doubt a skilled programmer but if I remember correctly he didn't really took the time to finish MO2.  I heard a few months ago about issues like bsa's not being supported etc.  Everybody still uses MO, maybe there's a reason to that, I just want to know why :)

I use mo2 for both sse and fallout 4, at present though I would say not to use it for oldrim, in my view its a bit too, ermm, quirky to use with it.

In my case wryebash for both fallout and see do not work, no error messages from either mo2 or wrye, program just starts up locks mo2 for a bit then exits, log files are not giving me too much help either. Errors from them imply that the python is not installed properly which is odd as I use the standalone exe version. Sooner or later I will get around to sorting this out with a post in tech support forums, hopefully somebody will know where to look to find out what the hell is going on with it.

Fnis for sse does the same thing as wrye, not working in other words.

Edit a file in either ck or xedit, finish and save it, then try to run the game or re-start editor/xedit, mo2 instant ctd.

Development for it is very slow with tannin moving over to nexus, and a new person taking over, it will probably get there but I would not hold my breath. There again there is no real indication when the new nmm from tannin and co is going to appear either, so both mo and nmm are pretty much just passing time while things happen in the background.

You can also see the github page for the new person here; https://github.com/LePresidente/modorganizer/releases

I see, that's the kind of things I feared would happen, I'll probably stick with MO. Thanks !

It chews up my load order text file on a regular basis, every tool I run through it will tend to abruptly spit out an error code and kill itself just as at the point I'm saving some particularly fiddly and time consuming work, which is about as obnoxious an experience as you can get. And trying to get LODGen to work with it was an exercise in mind mushing futility that I don't care to ever go through again. Just....eugh!

So no, I wouldn't let it get within a barge pole's distance of classic Skyrim. Stick with the 32bit version. 

SSE is a different story -  I suck it up. 

• 2 months later...

why?

Because it's stable as fuck unless you're on windows 10, and MO2 is an alpha and will remain that way.

MO and wrye pretty much cover everything both normal and esoteric about virtualization, assembling  and loading.

MO2 is more for fallout 4.

Stick with MO for skyrim.

Tannin is working for Nexus now with the new Vortex organizer.  Although MO2 is being supported by volunteers.

Vortex will not have the same functionality as MO and will be used primarily as a hub for multiple games.  In doing that, it will need to sacrifice some functionality for the sake of compatibility.  This being the case, MO should still remain as the primary utility for the control heavy modders desire.

Archived