Help using leito's bed animations on existing beds.

I am a huge fan of leito's animations, but am having a problem the furniture animation. I want the animations (particularly the bed ones) to only use existing furniture in the cell, not anim objects. (Beds apearing out of thin air break muh immersion :()

Both leito's and Forerunners SLAL packs seems to use the anim objects or acotor just do it on thin air. and I've looked through both threads but can't find an answer to my issue. How to I set it up so that the actors will use an existing bed for bed animations? and also not use them if there is no bed?

I've got some bad news for you, but if I understand what you're asking.... you can't.  At least not yet.

Animations designed with animobjects have to use them. The object might be missing and the animation would take place in thin air (for your bed examples) but that is all part of the animation. Someone could do an animation similar but without the object and intend for you to position your animation location to make use of an existing bed object. Right now, the animations designed for bed use have to consider the double, single, bed rolls and hay piles I think because the game itself doesn't report which is which.

Someone else was working on a way to use all kinds of objects like beds, chairs, and even counters I think for what you want, but he's had some IRL delays.

Now I am sad T-T. Thanks for the reply. Although I might still experiment with trying to get the animation to fire while using a bed (when sexlab asks you at the start if you want to use bed), and without an anim object, otherwise there would be two beds overlapping. Leito said on his blog the the animations are aligned to the noble double bed, so maybe alignment will work out of the box. Just need to use a tool that allows me to pick exactly what animation sequence I want, I know there are a couple. Won't be a perfect solution, but if it works i'll just have to be careful about where and when I use the animations.

Now I am sad T-T. Thanks for the reply. Although I might still experiment with trying to get the animation to fire while using a bed (when sexlab asks you at the start if you want to use bed), and without an anim object, otherwise there would be two beds overlapping. Leito said on his blog the the animations are aligned to the noble double bed, so maybe alignment will work out of the box. Just need to use a tool that allows me to pick exactly what animation sequence I want, I know there are a couple. Won't be a perfect solution, but if it works i'll just have to be careful about where and when I use the animations.

I works when you use an empty .nif for the animObject bed. Then you don't have two bed's overlapping and you can align the actors in a way that they match the bed you are using. 

Depending on how you want to use the animation you could also exchange the bed in the nif you are using.

I works when you use an empty .nif for the animObject bed. Then you don't have two bed's overlapping and you can align the actors in a way that they match the bed you are using. 

Depending on how you want to use the animation you could also exchange the bed in the nif you are using.

Maybe without the bed you won't get what I have at times... the bed floating above the real bed and the actors 3 feet off the floor.

I would think that you could take the bed object anims and redo them without the object but they won't work on bedrolls and probably not the singles, but that would depend on where exactly the "spot" is on the beds.  It seems half the non-standing anims are not lined up on the beds right anyway as the actors are either hanging off the end or flipped head for foot.

Maybe without the bed you won't get what I have at times... the bed floating above the real bed and the actors 3 feet off the floor.

I would think that you could take the bed object anims and redo them without the object but they won't work on bedrolls and probably not the singles, but that would depend on where exactly the "spot" is on the beds.  It seems half the non-standing anims are not lined up on the beds right anyway as the actors are either hanging off the end or flipped head for foot.

I've seen an issue where actors are aligned to the floor and clip though the beds, perhaps I can use that to my advantage in this case. It will require experimentation, which I'm hesitant to do now, cause I just got back into playing Skyrim after a couple years on the hamster-wheel of mod tweaking. I don't relish the thought of more troubleshooting since I don't have much time as it is. But I guess that's what MO profiles are for :). Thanks for your help and suggestions guys :)

One other mod most useful for alignment and positioning is Follow Me for Sex. It has a spell you can cast that places a marker and multiple markers are possible. Place one near a wall, on a bench, shelf, bed, anything like that.  The actors might need to teleport to it so there may be a delay if you jumped to where the marker is (and it can be placed under your feet or in front of you at a configurable distance).

Also as the mod name suggests, it has a simple "follow me" command you can use, no persuasion check needed, if you need an NPC from one location in another. Gather up to 5 for the orgy animations.

• 2 weeks later...

You only can make furnitures with that animations....or implement that stuff into sexLab for their use on the beds. But that´s more easy to talk about than to do it!!!

I am a huge fan of leito's animations, but am having a problem the furniture animation. I want the animations (particularly the bed ones) to only use existing furniture in the cell, not anim objects. (Beds apearing out of thin air break muh immersion :()

Both leito's and Forerunners SLAL packs seems to use the anim objects or acotor just do it on thin air. and I've looked through both threads but can't find an answer to my issue. How to I set it up so that the actors will use an existing bed for bed animations? and also not use them if there is no bed?

Archived