Character model for my game

DixiePig

tumblr_omnh4zqwQr1vsxj76o1_540.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f77ac8c0fcee3a65fb794b140f351862/tumblr_omnh4zqwQr1vsxj76o1_540.jpg

tumblr_omnh4zqwQr1vsxj76o2_540.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/174afdcc291e2ca53a6eb645e35111c8/tumblr_omnh4zqwQr1vsxj76o2_540.jpg

Her name is Charlotte, but that may never come up. I'm try to have as little writing or dialogue as possible.

The premise: Survive an onslaught from a regenerating tentacle monster.

It's been a lot of fun putting together so far, but so far it has all been ground work without much in the way of flashy screenshots to show off.

Depicted here, the protagonist is in a later stage of transformation. Contact with the enemy has a corrupting effect, and I'm able to transform the body in real-time using blend shapes.

I'll be making more posts here on LL as the game progresses, and on my tumblr.

seems interesting I can't wait to see more of this games development

Thank you!

There will be more. I still need to think of a title, which is important for promotion but much less interesting than animation and design.

Making it has presented a lot of interesting challenges that I want talk about, but I don't have an audience yet. The game will be free, but I would like people to play it.

When I've had modding projects in the past I've made WIP threads here on LL which proved to be a good tool for motivation, which is also why I posted this.

Well count me in as a person that is interested in playing this XD

do you have a list of kinks this will cater to?

and a name would be good

honestly if this goes well maybe consider making another game where you play the tentacles XD

but yeah I am interested in reading your progress on here keep up the good work

List of fetishes?
Let me see... Tentacles. Transformation, breast expansion, corruption, mind break. And she wears a school uniform.

I want to take a deep look at how to integrate sex into the game mechanics, rather than as cutscenes or win/loss outcomes. Both the player and enemy can initiate a sex scene to their own advantage, or tactically delay one another or defend themselves to put themselves in a better position, so to speak.

The entire game will be one single combat encounter that lasts a couple of minutes. I want to focus my efforts on making the moment-to-moment gameplay engaging, and making it a generally polished experience. Short but memorable. My hope is that it will present a gameplay model for sex combat that other people can adapt into their own games/mods.

Here's  a render of the simple assets that I'm using to put the game together. It's my hope that the composition of the scene will make it immediately clear what's going on and what you have to do:
tumblr_omrcg03efu1vsxj76o1_1280.png

Still can't think of a title. Thematically we've got tentacles, a girl, a wand, spells, and Gothic architecture.

I think, ideally, it should have an "Exactly what it says on the tin" title, like "Hold off the tentacle monster while your friends escape", but that's a bit of a mouthful.

A title is a little problematic for telling exactly what the game is about. Something like Charlotte: The Binding of Tentaculus or just the title without the heroine's name describes enough, and most would get a clue about what type of creature/being is an adversary by its name. Can't think of anything else ATM.... :(

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: ENEMY

tumblr_oo3c7a0UOZ1vsxj76o1_400.gif

So there's this thing called "blend shapes" ("morph targets" in 3DS Max iirc), which lets you distort objects between different modelled shapes. It's exactly like the body weight slider in Skryim: for every outfit there are two models, and the game interpolates between the two to give a range of body types. It's also commonly used for facial expression animations.

This animation is a combination of both skeletal animation and blend shapes. Inside the tentacle is a long chain of bones, and the tip transforms using shape keys. There are three keys it blends between: the pointed tip, the phallic tip, and a middle point that helps the transition appear organic.

I plan to make heavy use of this feature. Blend shapes can be made to work much like a traditional frame-by-frame animation by modelling a new shape for each frame. This allows for things that particle systems can't do well, like oozing spurts of viscous fluid, to take an example at random.

Oh, and further thoughts on a name for the game.

The setting, so far as I've thought it up, involves the sudden introduction of aphrodisiac magic into a standard fantasy world. The central mystery is how, and why; in one place, new kinds of tentacle demons are being summoned, in another place, lust magic spells are invented, in another, aphrodisiac potions and poisons are discovered.  All this happens at around the same time, so one theory is that despite being tied to entirely separate phenomena, these new inventions share a common cause, dubbed "Lustfire".

So Lustfire would be a great title for that story.

But this little game is just a technical proof of concept, and won't go into any of that stuff. I guess it feels like "Lustfire" ought to be reserved for something with a little more narrative meat.

In this game, the player character's lust is similar to hit points in other games. The tentacles' fluids increase lust; they exhibit lustfire. But they're liquid. So the name would be better if it were more liquid-sounding, but still thematically tied to "lustfire".

Like lust-slime or lust-sap. But those don't sound as good.

Very cool stuff here! Blend shapes in engine are very impressive, I've thought of them before for stuff like character customization but I've never looked at implementing it. Also digging the shader style, and those fluid dynamics look real good! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

Archived