How can I make a separate item out of this?

Frozium

Based by the description, maybe it's faster doing your own new plugin in GECK than modifying the existing one.

You open FalloutNV.esm in GECK, you look for Boone's beret on the object window (HatNCRBoonesBeret), you double click on it, on its window you change its ID with some custom ID you like, you remove the script from the dropdown menu and set NONE on it, on the Biped Object you de-select Hair, you remove the flag on Quest Item.

When you press OK it will ask you to create a new item, you confirm with yes, now look for your new ID on the object window and drag and drop it somewhere, i.e. in Doc Mitchell's house floor, so that you'll have your custom beret in game.

When you're going to save the datas, it will tell you that it will create a new ESP, so give the file a name and confirm. That should be all.

Based by the description, maybe it's faster doing your own new plugin in GECK than modifying the existing one.

You open FalloutNV.esm in GECK, you look for Boone's beret on the object window (HatNCRBoonesBeret), you double click on it, on its window you change its ID with some custom ID you like, you remove the script from the dropdown menu and set NONE on it, on the Biped Object you de-select Hair, you remove the flag on Quest Item.

When you press OK it will ask you to create a new item, you confirm with yes, now look for your new ID on the object window and drag and drop it somewhere, i.e. in Doc Mitchell's house floor, so that you'll have your custom beret in game.

When you're going to save the datas, it will tell you that it will create a new ESP, so give the file a name and confirm. That should be all.

Yeah, that's what I meant actually. Thanks :D

EDIT: I was able to create the new object and place it in Doc's house, but whenever I equip it, it appears mismatched (at the side of my face).

• 1 month later...

EDIT: I was able to create the new object and place it in Doc's house, but whenever I equip it, it appears mismatched (at the side of my face).

Unfortunately I didn't see the EDIT. I doubt that you still need it after all this time, however... To solve that issue, you must modify manually a record using xEdit (FNVEdit) - the FaceGen, it will be greyed out, you must edit and put a value so that it will become Head (I think 0 or 1 is the value, I don't remember, however there's a list when you edit it)

Unfortunately I didn't see the EDIT. I doubt that you still need it after all this time, however... To solve that issue, you must modify manually a record using xEdit (FNVEdit) - the FaceGen, it will be greyed out, you must edit and put a value so that it will become Head (I think 0 or 1 is the value, I don't remember, however there's a list when you edit it)

And I still needed it XD

THANKS!

Archived