Dagger's animations for WickedWhims

dagger00

Guest Redabyss

But you will still share here after some time or the next animations will be patreon exclusive only??

They can't be Patreon exclusive as per rules of this website, don't worry.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everybody! :)

Ah man I'm late on this one but thanks for this! You'd be perfect for making twerk or any kind of dance animations tbh! So realistic <3

Your animations are BEAST!!
Please forgive me for asking this if it's already been asked before, but will you be making any hetero animations?  And I hope my question isn't considered offensive.

Sure I will, but things going so slow I don't know if it'll be any soon...

Guest Redabyss

I remade the animation that looks not very realistic. I think wild_guy was right about it. Something still needs to be fixed, but I think it looks better and I made some progress in learning all that blender animation thing.

here is a picture

Better in some regards, but I like the speed better in the original one. Maybe can we have both versions? XD

• 3 weeks later...

Take a look at this animation I've made (just for testing purpose).

The thing is it works with IK. :)  

attachicon.gifno_ik_0.gif

Now with thin and thick sims:

attachicon.gifno_ik_1.gif

Same with IK:

attachicon.gifwith_ik.gif

I know it looks weird, but I spent so much time on this i just glad it works somehow.

How were you able to use thin & thick as an IK?  Seems like this will definitely solve alot of clipping issues due to sim body types with animations.

Thanks everybody!

I used s4studio's addon for blender for this, but turns out WW doesn't support this yet.

Well, I want to explain this anyway. But, I don't really speak english, so excuse the mistakes. :)

The code is also very clumsy and I made some changes lately, so I don't even know if it works, but if you want to try, that's what you do:

1.Put these files into blender/scripts/addons

2.Go to object panel in Blender and hit "Init" button at the bottom

3.Choose your rig in dropdown menu, give it a name x

4.Hit the white list button, the list should be filled with default values now, take a look at it.

Each line represent an IK target for an IK chain.
There are 5 IK chains afaik: 2 for the hands, 2 for the legs and 1 ROOT, don't know about the last one.

So, the first number is a chain index, and I think 0 would be for the left hand, 1 for the right, 2 and 3 for the legs, but I don't know exactly.
The second number would be an index of the IK target. I think it starts from 1.
The bone name string is a name of a target bone. This already set for the hands to some HandDangle_slot.

Change it for your needs. For example, if you want the hands to touch the hips, choose some bone on the hips as a target.
(To see all the bones in the rig, find it in outliner view, in pose section ctrl+click on the eye icon next to b_ROOT__ bone)

5.Click on the Next button and then the white paper button again. As I said, the code is very clumsy, so you'll have to fill this one too.
The line is: IK Target index, IK bone, Target bone.
This list is used to generate offset channels. For each line will be generated 5 channels:

IK_TargetWeight_N
IK_TargetOffset_Translation_N
IK_TargetOffset_Orientation_N
IK_TargetOffset_Translation_World
IK_TargetOffset_Orientation_World

Where N is an index of the IK target. You don't have to know about them, except for the first one.

6.Make sure you have an active action set in the action editor, then hit "Make Weight Curves" button. It will make a curve for each IK bone you set in the list. Go find one in the curve editor. You'll see a curve with 2 keyframes of value 1. Change it as you want. Everything more than zero means the IK chain is enabled in game. If so, the game would calculate the position of the IK bone using 2nd and 3rd channels, otherwise - 4th and 5th. I guess how it works, but idk exactly.

7.Now, you can export the clip (Export>Sims4 Animation), but there will be no header. So, put it into a s4studio's package via Batch Import, reopen the package and it will generate the header file for you. You can check if everything alright inside s4studio, but for me this is easier to do in s4pe. Take a look at Slot Assignments section, and CodecData>Channels.

Once again, I didn't really test this, so maybe it won't work at all.  :)

addons.zip

Thanks everybody!

I used s4studio's addon for blender for this, but turns out WW doesn't support this yet.

Well, I want to explain this anyway. But, I don't really speak english, so excuse the mistakes. :)

The code is also very clumsy and I made some changes lately, so I don't even know if it works, but if you want to try, that's what you do:

1.Put these files into blender/scripts/addons

2.Go to object panel in Blender and hit "Init" button at the bottom

3.Choose your rig in dropdown menu, give it a name x

4.Hit the white list button, the list should be filled with default values now, take a look at it.

Each line represent an IK target for an IK chain.

There are 5 IK chains afaik: 2 for the hands, 2 for the legs and 1 ROOT, don't know about the last one.

So, the first number is a chain index, and I think 0 would be for the left hand, 1 for the right, 2 and 3 for the legs, but I don't know exactly.

The second number would be an index of the IK target. I think it starts from 1.

The bone name string is a name of a target bone. This already set for the hands to some HandDangle_slot.

Change it for your needs. For example, if you want the hands to touch the hips, choose some bone on the hips as a target.

(To see all the bones in the rig, find it in outliner view, in pose section ctrl+click on the eye icon next to b_ROOT__ bone)

5.Click on the Next button and then the white paper button again. As I said, the code is very clumsy, so you'll have to fill this one too.

The line is: IK Target index, IK bone, Target bone.

This list is used to generate offset channels. For each line will be generated 5 channels:

IK_TargetWeight_N
IK_TargetOffset_Translation_N
IK_TargetOffset_Orientation_N
IK_TargetOffset_Translation_World
IK_TargetOffset_Orientation_World

Where N is an index of the IK target. You don't have to know about them, except for the first one.

6.Make sure you have an active action set in the action editor, then hit "Make Weight Curves" button. It will make a curve for each IK bone you set in the list. Go find one in the curve editor. You'll see a curve with 2 keyframes of value 1. Change it as you want. Everything more than zero means the IK chain is enabled in game. If so, the game would calculate the position of the IK bone using 2nd and 3rd channels, otherwise - 4th and 5th. I guess how it works, but idk exactly.

7.Now, you can export the clip (Export>Sims4 Animation), but there will be no header. So, put it into a s4studio's package via Batch Import, reopen the package and it will generate the header file for you. You can check if everything alright inside s4studio, but for me this is easier to do in s4pe. Take a look at Slot Assignments section, and CodecData>Channels.

Once again, I didn't really test this, so maybe it won't work at all.  :)

Thanks for this! I'll try implementing it later today

Archived