Increasing Breast Vertex Count?

pokute

My goal is to find or create a body with very high vertex count in the breast area. I've looked at various bodies to see how they perform at huge breast sizes. While UUNP has 2x the vertex count of CBBE and Manga Body has 4x, I estimate that I need more than 10x vertices in the breasts to correct for ugly mesh stretching (due to vertices being distributed over the surface of a sphere and movement from HDT).

Is there any way to increase breast vertex count while leaving the rest of the body unchanged?

Is it possible to do this while maintaining BodySlide compatibility? (ie. work with CBBE BodySlide clothes and RaceMenu trimorphs)

Yes.
If you're using blender, import the body you want to modify, go into edit mode (TAB), select the faces of the breasts, and use "subdivide smooth" (W).
I think that will weight the new vertices by interpolating between the existing ones. If not, use Outfit studio to copy the weights from the original body and it should be fine.

Used smooth subdivide in Blender to increase breast vertex count. Looked fine in Blender and nifskope, but it ended up forming grid of spikes in game.

post-123869-0-42533300-1489352599_thumb.jpg

At first, I thought it was related to bone weights, but it turned out to be some sort of weird interaction with the CBBE morphs. I'm guessing something about the interpolation exaggerate vertices closest to the original vertices.

How bizarre!
I don't know enough about how bodyslide works to understand what's going on here. I would agree that this doesn't look like a bone weight problem; they tend to be more dramatic.

If I remember correctly, bodyslide spits out a .nif file that replaces the body mesh in your data files. This is a bit of  a hack, but couldn't you modify the mesh of that, rather than the base CBBE body?

Other than that, I'd advise contacting Caliente about the problem. They've been very helpful when I've asked for advice. Let us know if you learn anything new. This is very interesting!

How bizarre!

I don't know enough about how bodyslide works to understand what's going on here. I would agree that this doesn't look like a bone weight problem; they tend to be more dramatic.

If I remember correctly, bodyslide spits out a .nif file that replaces the body mesh in your data files. This is a bit of  a hack, but couldn't you modify the mesh of that, rather than the base CBBE body?

Other than that, I'd advise contacting Caliente about the problem. They've been very helpful when I've asked for advice. Let us know if you learn anything new. This is very interesting!

That would work if I'm using just one custom body, but I'm using RaceMenu to morph a bunch of different bodies in game off the default CalienteHDT mesh.

My first attempt to fix this was to redo a slider morph with the high-breast-vertex mesh, but that didn't seem to work very well.

Archived