How would a newbie mod existing clothes to flag as naked?

It seems like Fallout 4 is much more limited in how characters can wear items, some items like say wearing just gloves or shoes invisibly cover the entire body that it won't flag the character for the companion/s naked comments which doesn't make sense to me.

I'm trying to make a mashup of a current set of clothes my character is wearing and no comments are said even though technically the torso is clearly exposed.

What program/s are needed to change the clothed/nude settings to flag as nude/naked?  And is it easy to make such a change?  Some guidance would be appreciated!

TIA!

TwilightDB

• 2 weeks later...

Using the creation kit:

1. Open the creation kit.

2. Go to File > Data

3. You will be prompted to open an ESP. If the armor/clothing you want to edit is in the vanilla game, then double click on Fallout4.esm and click okay. If it's a mod outfit then look for that ESP and load it up.

4. Once you choose the ESP and everything loads. On the left hand side of the creation kit you will see different categories of stuff in the game.

5. Go under the "Armor" category and you will see a large list of armor and clothing of the game and hopefully the file of the outfit you're looking for.

6. Once you find your outfit, double click on it and a new dialogue window will open with details of the outfit including its name, armor rating, resell value, and other stuff.

7. One of the categories will be the armor slot the outfit is assigned to. 

8. I believe that anything that is not flagged as "BODY" will be assigned as naked. If you want a NPC to comment you being naked even though you're not, then you need to uncheck the BODY slot and choose a different slot. WARNING: Changing the slot will also affect how other armors are worn.

For example, if you change the vault suit to be in the "Left arm" slot, then you can still equip the vault suit, the NPCs will think you are naked, BUT you will be unable to equip leather armor left arm or combat armor left arm or etc etc. I recommend using one of the extra empty slots which I believe are slots 53-58

9. Once you find a different slot for your outfit, choose it, and hit apply/ok. Then go to File and save your ESP.

Archived