Simple Sadism & Masochism, a Combat Arousal Mod

Alright just put up 2.0.2 which fixed the... embarrassing oversight leading to the slider issue. Fun fact: It probably wasn't even modifying the correct value if you tried to change it because I apparently got super sloppy adding that slider to the script. Fixed that and a couple of other oversights if you used the default button while hovering over certain slider options. Uninstall 2.0.1 and save before installing 2.0.2 or there's a god chance the MCM continues being wrong. Ideally a completely clean save that's never had it installed before but this is a small mod and it would be ridiculous to require you to lose however much progress that would be for it. If it's still weird try cleaning the save, there's only two scripts so that would definitely do it.

Unless there's some other bug I completely missed (possible, though unlikely at this point, there's only about 300 lines of code) consider "Simple Masochism" feature complete. Planning now begins for the 3.0 Release which will henceforth be known as "Simple Sadism and Masochism." 3.0 (or 1.0 if I decide to restart the versioning. I don't think I will though) will initially roll out with support for just the player, but if the method I'm trying to implement works it will lay almost all of the groundwork for NPC support, which will come in 3.1.

If you have any feature requests for the upcoming version, now would be the time to put them in.

While the sliders aren't completely broken anymore, they ARE misleading.

Here's what happens now:

(For Marginal Value or Total Damage sliders).

Step 1: Click on slider. Change it around. Value looks normal.

Step 2. Press accept.

Step 3: Notice that sliders are displaying only 0, 1, or 2 now.

Step 4: Close menu.

Step 5: Re-open menu.

Result: Sliders display what you actually set them to, until clicked on again.

Surrender Chance slider works fine.

Tested on a file that has never had Simple Masochism installed before.

Edit: Performing tests on actual functionality. Mod is behaving strangely. I have Total Damage set to be ignored, and only Marginal Value set to be taken into account, and my arousal is going DOWN when I heal myself with spells or potions. Do these count as hits? Is this why you included total damage taken as a possible calculation? I am still trying to produce a papyrus, need to turn other logging down and your logging on real quick.

While the sliders aren't completely broken anymore, they ARE misleading.

Here's what happens now:

(For Marginal Value or Total Damage sliders).

Step 1: Click on slider. Change it around. Value looks normal.

Step 2. Press accept.

Step 3: Notice that sliders are displaying only 0, 1, or 2 now.

Step 4: Close menu.

Step 5: Re-open menu.

Result: Sliders display what you actually set them to, until clicked on again.

Surrender Chance slider works fine.

Tested on a file that has never had Simple Masochism installed before.

That is... truly bizarre. I"m going to look into this again before moving on because I honestly don't know why this would be happening but want to track it down.

I updated my previous post. Doing more testing, but arousal appears to go down when healing spells are cast, and afterwards hit-by-hit for a few hits. Not quite sure what is going on.

I'll bet healing spells do count as hits. Weird though, it should ignore negative values now. I'll have to double check the logic for dealing with healing.

The actual reason total was included was a combination of my first testing version didn't actually update your health so it always just did total which I thought was kind of a neat idea, have it scale more, and then I couldn't figure out how to mess with the arousal rate based on total health (which I was intending to do) without breaking everything and getting really weird behavior so I just kind of left total in.

Test Results:

First: I need to disable BadDog's Lykaios Schlong. Good lord it makes a lot of log spam. Turning of SOS debug logging doesn't... seem to turn it off either. Grumbledy.

Anyways.

With Total Damage off, and Marginal Damage on, it's...

Making no sense.

With Marginal Damage set to 1.00, my arousal usually does not change, hit by hit. It sometimes goes up, but usually not. Once I set it to 0.40, it goes...

DOWN hit by hit... what? Once in a while a hit makes it go up, usually it's going down each time I get hit now, and healing isn't affecting my arousal anymore. Turning on or off Exhibitionist doesn't affect it either, I tested that. (In Aroused Redux)

I have no idea what's going on anymore. Maybe you can make sense out of the papyrus.

Papyrus.0.log

Test Results:

First: I need to disable BadDog's Lykaios Schlong. Good lord it makes a lot of log spam. Turning of SOS debug logging doesn't... seem to turn it off either. Grumbledy.

Anyways.

With Total Damage off, and Marginal Damage on, it's...

Making no sense.

With Marginal Damage set to 1.00, my arousal usually does not change, hit by hit. It sometimes goes up, but usually not. Once I set it to 0.40, it goes...

DOWN hit by hit... what? Once in a while a hit makes it go up, usually it's going down each time I get hit now, and healing isn't affecting my arousal anymore. Turning on or off Exhibitionist doesn't affect it either, I tested that. (In Aroused Redux)

I have no idea what's going on anymore. Maybe you can make sense out of the papyrus.

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

The log is at least informative. Seems like every hit is returning an incredibly low value for exposure change, usually 0, sometimes 1 or 2. Which means either you're taking a very small amount of damage or there's an error in the calculation somewhere. 

I've got a couple of ideas, looking through the script I think I've got a fix, but I'm going to put it through a bit more rigorous testing than the last two updates to make sure it actually works completely this time. 

Out of curiosity, how exactly were you testing? Were you getting hit, healing, and then getting hit again? Was it usually about the same damage? 

Followup because this seemed like the best idea at the time but might be the cause of issues at higher levels, but how large is your health pool?

I will test again. It was realtively small damage at first, only 5-25 points. Then I respawned the bandit at level 30 instead for slightly more. This was a random bandit in the "FF000" console ID range (I don't have FF mods, so I don't know what that means... I don't have 256 esp's active), my health is what... just under 300?

I thought it was based on total damage dealt? Is it total damage as a percentage of max hitpoints, or literal damage numbers on the hit? =O I don't really know exactly how your math works. Test time again. Guess I'll go pick a fight with a giant. xD Or... at least lower my max health.

I will test again. It was realtively small damage at first, only 5-25 points. Then I respawned the bandit at level 30 instead for slightly more. This was a random bandit in the "FF000" console ID range (I don't have FF mods, so I don't know what that means... I don't have 256 esp's active), my health is what... just under 300?

I thought it was based on total damage dealt? Is it total damage as a percentage of max hitpoints, or literal damage numbers on the hit? =O I don't really know exactly how your math works. Test time again. Guess I'll go pick a fight with a giant. xD Or... at least lower my max health.

Yeah it's all based off of percentages, which seemed like the way to go at the time, mainly because raw numbers could skyrocket arousal, especially at higher levels. It didn't occur to me that this could result in super low change if you get a lot of health. 

And the FF range (from what I've seen) is used for references generated at runtime, mostly generic people spawned from levelled lists.

Hmm. Appears to function fine, on further testing. I did not know that last-hit was based on percentages. Fallookaar hit me with her ice breath because she has no concept of aim, and I got 50 arousal from it. xD Didn't know my lizard gal was so into ice play...

• 1 month later...

So this is not the Sadism/NPC update. Yet. I'm working on it, and now that I've got time to mod again I needed to re-familiarize myself with the script before I jumped in.

Let's call 2.0.3 a quality of life update, all it does is add two new buttons to the MCM (which will probably break it again somehow) which allow you to choose whether the total damage and marginal damage take into account the actual damage dealt or the percentage of your total health.

Breakdown below including why I originally only did percentages:

• Percentages:
    • Pro: Will generally never be huge numbers, can't be higher than 99, will work well at high levels, instead of one hit from that bandit with the warhammer jumping your arousal 60 points, you should get a more manageable number
    • Con: At high armor ratings/levels/resist/or with a huge health pool some hits may not cause enough damage for the arousal update to increase, and (because of the way SLA and my trick to force an update works) might actually decrease arousal.
  • Raw value:
    • Pro: With larger health pools this will still make a noticeable impact on your arousal
    • Con: Some enemies might take you from 0 to 100 immediately
    • Warning: If you set total to use raw value it calculates based on all health lost, I don't know how SLA handles huge exposure numbers, but if you find yourself stuck with some insanely high exposure rating because of this there's nothing I can do but laugh

Good news for this mod, I've discovered a more or less reliable way to apply scripts without a cloak, and make sure they're applied to nearby actors when the player is in combat. So that's underway, should be delivered relatively soon. Of course that's relatively in relation to my other projects, so that's more or less a guarantee it will happen between now and the day I meet my grisly demise.

Edit: Notably sooner than that tbh, most of the code is already there in the current release, I just need to repackage it and make sure all of the NPC functionality/new MCM works so probably a week and some change?

So I'm quite a bit ahead of schedule on a few things, Simple Sadism & Masochism (with NPC support) is now available to download.

I've tested it fairly well myself but there's a good chance I missed something. But in all of my tests I had no problems with the MCM showing up and I believe I've tested each option to ensure it works.

If you find any bugs or have any features to suggest, please, post them here.

Testing the 3.0 update. Looks very fun. Good work, Sugar, as always. ^_^

My only request: Please let us specifically flag NPC's as masochist or sadist if we choose, and have those chosen NPC's function even if overall npc sadism/masochism is shut off. c: We could label our dom as a sadist, or someone who is a pet to the player as a masochist...

Example: Player is a dominant, destruction mage. Pet NPC is flagged as Essential so player's big, destructive spells can't kill them. Pet is serving player because player gives them pain/pleasure, so the AOE damage that the player inflicts on their pet is part of their relationship instead of just being an annoying side effect of having companions as a destruction mage. ^^

Testing the 3.0 update. Looks very fun. Good work, Sugar, as always. ^_^

My only request: Please let us specifically flag NPC's as masochist or sadist if we choose, and have those chosen NPC's function even if overall npc sadism/masochism is shut off. c: We could label our dom as a sadist, or someone who is a pet to the player as a masochist...

Example: Player is a dominant, destruction mage. Pet NPC is flagged as Essential so player's big, destructive spells can't kill them. Pet is serving player because player gives them pain/pleasure, so the AOE damage that the player inflicts on their pet is part of their relationship instead of just being an annoying side effect of having companions as a destruction mage. ^^

I can do that. Specifying flags is in the works, I'll make sure they're handled differently than the rest of the NPCs.

The sadism doesn't seem to work for me, I attack people and my arousal does not increase

I'll look into it. There are fringe cases where player sadism may fail to work due to limitations in the engine (there's a chance the actor won't be in one of the aliases, and therefore onhit events wont be tracked), I'm working on a 3.0.1 patch that should minimize these without impacting performance, but they may not be fully patched out until 3.1 when specifying actors information is added. There's another backend feature that will be going along with that which should eliminate any case where player sadism stops working.

Thanks for the report.

Heads up everyone, the 3.0.1 update should be rolling out in just a little bit, hopefully minimizing cases where the Player Sadism feature fails to work. It also lays some groundwork for the 3.1 update which will include the ability to set flags on specific actors, flag them as important (which will slightly change how the scrip handles them, more on that when it's ready), and should completely eliminate any failures of Player Sadism. 

Goal for release timeline (subject to change, you know me) is 3.0.1 in the next 2-4 hours and 3.1 the day after tomorrow, so about 48 hours.

Edit: I'm way ahead of schedule and that was less time than I was expecting, 3.0.1 is up now.

Nice mod, but I wasn't sure if I should use this or keep another combat arousal mod that I already had installed.

At least until I saw this here:

• If Sexlab Defeat is installed, and the player is a masochist, when getting hit at full arousal the chance they will surrender to their attacker can be set

Very nice, this seals the deal for me. post-162794-0-67147200-1497085221.png

The fact that it changes exposure rate instead of just adding a fixed value is also nice.

3.1.0 is out!

Includes assigning traits to NPCs, and special flag, which allows you to access their traits whether they're highlighted or not, and for calculations for those specific NPCs to always run, even if globally disabled or they are not loaded into the aliases being tracked.

The code has been carefully tested and looked over to ensure there are no double calculations in scenarios where there could be overlap of aliases, but there's still a chance I've missed something, there are quite a few aliases running in tandem now.

The new MCM page for assigning traits and detecting targets also hasn't been as thoroughly tested as I would have liked but I wanted to get this released because I've basically just been sitting on it for 5 days. 

Again: I highly recommend you do not enable tracelogging unless you find an easily isolated and repeateable bug, there is a lot of spam from this mod.

Up next for features:

-Orgasming at full arousal, and a chance slider for that,

-That's about it, but someone requested via PM that I make an armor-break mod to go along with this so that'll probably happen in the near-ish future, if I can figure out a way to work it properly.

3.1.0 is out!

Up next for features:

-Orgasming at full arousal, and a chance slider for that,

-That's about it, but someone requested via PM that I make an armor-break mod to go along with this so that'll probably happen in the near-ish future, if I can figure out a way to work it properly.

Why did I not think of this? Cumming from it is great! <3 That's great! And I used to look for an armor break/knock-off mod, and found one, but it was horribly incompatible with devious devices. If they are removed by other mods, sometimes it breaks them hard. So be aware of that framework when doing that.

If you do make that mod, respecting sexlab no-strip settings would also be a nice option.

You do so much lovely, wonderful work for us. c: Thank you so much.

Wait... how in the world do I mark an NPC? It says you have added 'special NPCs' but I see no way to mark one. I wonder what I'm doing wrong here.

Edit: Ahh, I get it. There's supposed to be an MCM page for it that's not showing up.

Papyrus.0.log

Wait... how in the world do I mark an NPC? It says you have added 'special NPCs' but I see no way to mark one. I wonder what I'm doing wrong here.

Edit: Ahh, I get it. There's supposed to be an MCM page for it that's not showing up.

Yeah I actually know what the problem is, completely forgot to set something in the CK and just remembered like 40 minutes ago but haven't had a chance to fix it and re-up yet, will be done in like ~30 minutes.

3.1.1 Is out now, sorry for the delay everyone.

It should work now, at least did in testing.

Ohhh finally a masochism mod yay!

Suggestion for when you add orgasming from S&M: make a "hardcore" mode wher the character is such a masochist/sadist she/he cant orgasm in any other way but from S&M

The thing is that is incredibly difficult to do without modifying base scripts for Sexlab and/or Sexlab Aroused to suppress orgasms everywhere else. Best case I just trap the players arousal at 100 with SLA's lock feature and disable it just before an maso/sado orgasm and then re lock it.