Simple Sadism & Masochism, a Combat Arousal Mod

Simple Sadism & Masochism, a Combat Arousal Mod

View File

Welcome to yet another Feliks mod Release,

Simple Sadism & Masochism
Requested by @Yuni and @bathoz

Note: Latest version probably needs a clean save, if upgrading from 2.x. Or at least a save after uninstalling 2.x

Now with NPC support!

What does this do?
This mod allows both the player and NPCs to be flagged as Sadists and Masochists, gaining arousal as they deal and take damage respectively. It's very lightweight and shouldn't impact performance at all.

Aren't things that apply scripts to people around you terrible for performance?
Yes! If they use a cloak to do so, Simple S&M does not, it instead uses a system to reset a number of quest aliases to fill with actors near the player, this does not cause a large script load or any noticeable performance drops!

How does it work?
With the help of a few tricks in papyrus to determine when the player is in combat and to find people near by it simply does some math based on how much damage was done, and then increases the exposure on either the giver or the taker (or both) based on math that is almost entirely configurable by you, the user!

I think I found a bug?
Yeah you probably have, while the latest release has been tested by myself there's a very good chance I missed something. I have found that SLA tends to behave a little bit strangely if an actor does not have any stats in SLA yet (for instance, on a new game) so if something isn't quite right select them with the SLA tool (N by default) and it will be forced to seed basic stats.

Installation requirements:

• An updated and legal copy of Skyrim
  • The latest update of Sexlab and Sexlab Aroused
  • SkyUI
  • PapyrusUtil (Should be included in Sexlab)
  • Optional: Sexlab Defeat.

MCM Breakdown:

• The MCM is broken into a few categories. The first section is global settings
  • Disabling Sadism or Masochism at the top will completely disable all calculations and functionality in that category, even if the player or NPC is flagged appropriately
  • The scales for Sadism and Masochism are applied directly to the exposure change generated on hits, and is global to both the player and NPCs
  • The two update timers govern the same events, which periodically reset the aliases to ensure they are current and an actors health so that marginal damage is accurately measured.
  • Marginal damage is the change in health occurring from a single hit
  • Total damage is the total difference between the actor's max health and current health after a hit
  • Either or both can be taken into account, technically you could disable both but then this mod would do nothing.
  • The effect o exposure from marginal or total is multiplied by their respective scales
  • You can elect to use percentage or raw damage, with percentage it modifies exposure by the percent of your total health lost (total or marginal) and raw damage takes into account the actual number of health points lost.
  • The two toggles in the player section are used to determine whether the player is a sadist, masochist, both, or neither
  • If Sexlab Defeat is installed, and the player is a masochist, when getting hit at full arousal the chance they will surrender to their attacker can be set.
  • NPCs globally can be set to be Sadists or Masochists, disabling either of these will disable all calculations relating to NPCs in that category.
  • When a new actor is discovered by Simple S&M it randomly assigns them as a Sadist, Masochist, both, or neither, and the sliders here allow you to choose the likelihood an NPC is flagged as either. IF you wish to allow calculations to continue but want no new NPC's to be flgged, set these to zero.
  • The two debug options are Tracelogging (turn this on only if you think you've encountered a bug, otherwise it will generate quite a bit of spam in your logs) and absolute values (enable this if you find Simple S&M occasionally reducing exposure at low damage values. This should not occur as of 3.0, but this option was left in just in case)
  • The page for selected stats alloows you to assign NPCs as Sadists, Masochists, or "Special"
  • You can select either the current crosshair target or any NPC flagged as special (up to 16 at a time) to assign traits to.
  • NPCs assigned traits will not be overwritten except via the MCM menu, and special actors will continue to have calculations run on them even if NPC sadism or masochism is globally disabled.

Future Plans:

• Cause an actor at full arousal to orgasm when hitting (sadist) or being hit (masochist) with a configurable chance.
  • Anything else suggested in the thread

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/06/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    SkyUI, Sexlab, PapyrusUtil, Sexlab Aroused and it's requirements. Optionally Defeat
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

HEY! You DID remember my request!

Well aren't you a sweetheart. <3 Thank you.

I do have an interesting idea, but it would require a soft dependency:

You could have an MCM option that makes it so that if your arousal hits 100 during combat, you automatically surrender. This would require some soft dependency like Defeat, but it's just an idea.

Makes the player worry about getting too horny to fight from getting beaten up, and not just running out of health~

HEY! You DID remember my request!

Well aren't you a sweetheart. <3 Thank you.

I do have an interesting idea, but it would require a soft dependency:

You could have an MCM option that makes it so that if your arousal hits 100 during combat, you automatically surrender. This would require some soft dependency like Defeat, but it's just an idea.

Makes the player worry about getting too horny to fight from getting beaten up, and not just running out of health~

i like the idea :) thank you for the mod !

also you might consider adding positive buffs, not just arousal, for being raped (sex-acts tagged as violent/forced) and from being whipped ;)

mcm menu isn't working for me. it didn't show when i first loaded the mod and it didn't actually show up until around 20 minutes after i loaded my save. i forgot all about it by then. inside mcm menu the options screen does not show up--i'm stuck on the splash screen even when i select Options.

mcm menu isn't working for me. it didn't show when i first loaded the mod and it didn't actually show up until around 20 minutes after i loaded my save. i forgot all about it by then. inside mcm menu the options screen does not show up--i'm stuck on the splash screen even when i select Options.

Same, but I'm still waiting for the mcm menu to show up :D

I can confirm both bugs... kind of.

On the  FIRST time I load my game, the MCM never shows.

If I save, then load my game, the MCM shows up.

If I click on the 'options' menu tab, the menu remains unchanged... staying on the picture of the lady with the whip.

Hi

I like the idea, but I hope you add in the option to be a sadist as well, so you gain arousal by hurting people. (Combat Arousal linked above has an arousal gain on kills and killmoves as well as an armour break option).

I also think Yuni's idea about being linked to defeat /Deviousley Crused Loot / Naked Dungeons / etc so that the player surrenders at high arousal would be awesome!!

The only other idea I can think of is a way to train the player to become a masochist, although I imagine that would be another mod.

So are the ppl making suggestions able to get this mod to work? If that's the case then there's something up with our setups that cause problems with this mod. The only thing I can think of is I'm using a modified aaaa (tanookis animation appropriate arousal adjustments) which itself modifies the sexlab aroused script. anyone else with using aaaa having problems with this mod?

So are the ppl making suggestions able to get this mod to work? If that's the case then there's something up with our setups that cause problems with this mod. The only thing I can think of is I'm using a modified aaaa (tanookis animation appropriate arousal adjustments) which itself modifies the sexlab aroused script. anyone else with using aaaa having problems with this mod?

have tried it out and can confirm that there are problems if you use any othe rarousel modifiyng mod

Heeeeeeey everyone, so sorry about the lack of support over here so far, I've been out of town with no internet for a week or so, and apparently forgot to follow this thread when I posted it so I'm not getting any notifications. Working on a fix for as many of the bugs as I can now. No idea why this would cause problems with other mods, might have somrthing to do with the fact that you can't directly mod arousal and have to change exposure instead... Will update everyone when I have some progress to show.

Wow! I literally downloaded Combat Arousal v2.12 yesterday as I was searching for a mod like yours. How different are they?

From a glance mine has no armor break and might be missing a few other features. Mine doesn't use a cloak whereas that one does, meaning mine is almost certainly less resource intensive.

That's um... Odd. I had that problem at first in testing but thought I'd fixed it. This seems to be a recurring problem with my mods lately so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Back to the drawing board MCM guide.

nice, simple idea

whats about sounds from sexlab - moan's?

and risk of orgasm trigger if onHit arousal is about 100%?

im almost sure that sexlab offer function to run orgasm with all framework effects

=)

Will look into that (and a few other things) for the 2.0

Hi

I like the idea, but I hope you add in the option to be a sadist as well, so you gain arousal by hurting people. (Combat Arousal linked above has an arousal gain on kills and killmoves as well as an armour break option).

I also think Yuni's idea about being linked to defeat /Deviousley Crused Loot / Naked Dungeons / etc so that the player surrenders at high arousal would be awesome!!

The only other idea I can think of is a way to train the player to become a masochist, although I imagine that would be another mod.

Looking into Sadism for the 2.0 release. It's not quite as easy to track player hits as it is hits on the player. The surrender will definitely be in a future release, just not sure how best to implement it yet.

Funny you should mention training the player. That's umm.... well, a ways off but something I've been toying with in plans lately.

i went to thalmor embassy and starting hitting stuff there to get the whole place to attack me. not seeing any arousal gain from being hit; i'm only seeing arousal go up from time factor, according to SL Aroused MCM status page

At the moment that's an issue with what SLA gives scripts access to, there's no direct way to modify arousal, just exposure. I'm looking into a solution for the upcoming 1.1

Would love to see this updated to 1) include moans from default sexlab voice pack and 2) include a feature that would allow you to surrender as mentioned above.

Do you have plans to work and tweak this mod in the future?

Yes.

This is nice. I would like to see both sadism and masochism as options... and including NPCs with a small random chance of any of them being seeded as either sadists or masochists.

If I can find a performance light way to attach this to NPC's I will.

have tried it out and can confirm that there are problems if you use any othe rarousel modifiyng mod

Wait, Animation Appropriate Arousal Adjustments causes problems? Crap, I can't play without that. xD I do too many weird animations too often.

No idea why AAAA would cause a conflict unless it makes some serious modifications to the arousal script, which is hopefully not the case, because if so that's both a problem I cannot solve and a very poor design choice.

Working on a quick update to sort out the MCM and then tomorrow I'll be working on better updating of arousal and/or AAAA compatibility (Really hope I don't need to do that) and a plan for the surrendering per Yuni's idea. Sadism will be the target after that. Any other feature requests/bug reports?

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaand last post tonight (It's late) but the 1.0.1 version just uploaded should solve both problems reported with the MCM (not showing up and not changing pages), and then tomorrow I will look into other issues/expanded features when I have time.

Tested out 1.0.1. the MCM works fine now.

I spawned a bandit, let him hit me for a while, my arousal did not increase at all, he was hitting me from full hp all the way to around 5%

I had the same problem with combat arousal tho, it simply wont increase from receiving damage. :/

Did not tweak any MCM settings.

And another update: Arousal should now update immediately after being hit, due to some neat wackiness in the SLA script. In one of my testing runs it jumped up way quicker than I was expecting, so if you notice any... oddities in the change arousal just be sure to post here and also see if you can't isolate the strangeness (marginal vs total).

Now to sort out surrendering and Simple Sadism.