How to remove hdt from armor???

Sprrank

Hello!

I want to remove bouncing breasts from steel and iron armor. I use a similar armor like this:

But how do I remove the bouncing from the armor only so that the breasts behave in a realistic way like in the video???

Use outfit studio and just delete the bone nodes out of the nifs which will make them no longer bounce or move. Load the _0 and _1 nifs up into nifskope 1 at a time click the bone tab and highlight all bones you want to remove once you have them all selected right click and delete them. Next export it out and no more HDT bounce.

In the Armor's nif is a node with a path to an xml-file. Remove that and save it. Hope you don't delete to much in the nif. Better make a backup before.

Use outfit studio and just delete the bone nodes out of the nifs which will make them no longer bounce or move. Load the _0 and _1 nifs up into nifskope 1 at a time click the bone tab and highlight all bones you want to remove once you have them all selected right click and delete them. Next export it out and no more HDT bounce.

Thanks for the fast response but when I delete them the game crashes as soon as I equip the armor

It shouldn't cause a CTD on equipt. Are you doing it to both nifs? Most nifs for skyrim have a _0 and a _1 - example femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif what is done to one has to be done to the other one as well. Or it can cause problems or CTD.

Grab 2 new files of the armor you are working with. First start outfit studio and click file - load outfit - first browse tab then drop one of them onto the screen and load it up. Click the bones tab and click on NPC L Breast and NPC R Breast and right click one of them and go to delete bone. Select export and select the file you loaded to overwrite it then repeat for the other nif.   

It shouldn't cause a CTD on equipt. Are you doing it to both nifs? Most nifs for skyrim have a _0 and a _1 - example femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif what is done to one has to be done to the other one as well. Or it can cause problems or CTD.

Grab 2 new files of the armor you are working with. First start outfit studio and click file - load outfit - first browse tab then drop one of them onto the screen and load it up. Click the bones tab and click on NPC L Breast and NPC R Breast and right click one of them and go to delete bone. Select export and select the file you loaded to overwrite it then repeat for the other nif.   

What I am actually try to achieve is that I want to get only the armor rigid but the baseshape I want with physics.

So that it is realistic. So I started outfit studio and then -> Load Outfit select _0 and opened it. And now I'm wondering if

I'm supposed to select the mesh in which I want to remove the physics? I can chose between Top and baseshape.

So I first went with Top and deleted NPC L Breast, NPC L Breast 01, NPC R Breast and NPC Breast 01 with the option Delete -> From selected shape. The same thing I did with _1.

And this causes a CTD. So I tried the same thing again but now I only deleted NPC L Breast and NPC R Breast -> CTD. I also tried it the way you said.

This time I right cliked NPC L Breast, NPC L Breast 01, NPC R Breast and NPC Breast 01 Delete -> From Project -> CTD.

I have never done this before so yea I tried everything but I must have done something wrong but I don't know what

You can then just load the nifs into outfit studio click the armor go to the bone tab click one of the breast nodes if it's hard to see the colors hit T on the keyboard to turn off textures. Click brush settings slide strength all the way to the left. Next hold down the CTRL button and hold the left mouse button and go over the colored area till it's all gone then switch to the other breast node and repeat.

Here is going to be your major problem with doing this. If there is a body under the armor and the Armor has no bounce and the breast still have bounce the boobs now have a 99% chance that every time your player moves her breast are going to clip and bounce through the armor that now no longer bounce.

So you might have to increase the armor mesh in some areas if there is any clipping in game.

You can then just load the nifs into outfit studio click the armor go to the bone tab click one of the breast nodes if it's hard to see the colors hit T on the keyboard to turn off textures. Click brush settings slide strength all the way to the left. Next hold down the CTRL button and hold the left mouse button and go over the colored area till it's all gone then switch to the other breast node and repeat.

Here is going to be your major problem with doing this. If there is a body under the armor and the Armor has no bounce and the breast still have bounce the boobs now have a 99% chance that every time your player moves her breast are going to clip and bounce through the armor that now no longer bounce.

So you might have to increase the armor mesh in some areas if there is any clipping in game.

So does that mean that when my game wouldn't crash when I delete the bones the breasts would not bounce out of the armor mesh??

And if they would, how did the creator of the iron armor got rid of that?

I think it would be best to give up and wait for something in the future

If you delete the breast bone nodes out neither body or armor breast areas will bounce. If you just remove the weight painting which is what the colored colors are only the item you erase it from will lose the bounce.

If you click say the body in the mesh tab and then switch to the bone tab and start clicking on the different bone nodes a different area will have color which will show how far that bone node reaches. If you erase the weight painting it'll remove the bounce from that item. But if you have say a body underneath the armor and you remove the weight painting from the armor the armor will no longer bounce but the body will and can clip and bounce out of the armor now that the weight painting that controls the armor bounce is gone. Unless there is no body under the armor if there is no armor underneath the armor in the breast area then you won't have anything to worry as there will be no mesh there.

post-25667-0-86355100-1488518161_thumb.jpg

If you delete the breast bone nodes out neither body or armor breast areas will bounce. If you just remove the weight painting which is what the colored colors are only the item you erase it from will lose the bounce.

If you click say the body in the mesh tab and then switch to the bone tab and start clicking on the different bone nodes a different area will have color which will show how far that bone node reaches. If you erase the weight painting it'll remove the bounce from that item. But if you have say a body underneath the armor and you remove the weight painting from the armor the armor will no longer bounce but the body will and can clip and bounce out of the armor now that the weight painting that controls the armor bounce is gone. Unless there is no body under the armor if there is no armor underneath the armor in the breast area then you won't have anything to worry as there will be no mesh there.

Well yea it seems to work like that but as you said the problem now is that the breasts go through the armor mesh but there must be a way to make the armor mesh well kind of solid so the breasts can't bounce through

It's all or nothing either they both have bounce or they don't. Unless you look at where the clipping is in game and then use either increase mesh volume on the armor spots where the armor is clipping or use the decrease mesh volume on the spots on the body that are clipping through. Other option is to zap out the boob mesh to remove the boob mesh from the armor.

It's all or nothing either they both have bounce or they don't. Unless you look at where the clipping is in game and then use either increase mesh volume on the armor spots where the armor is clipping or use the decrease mesh volume on the spots on the body that are clipping through. Other option is to zap out the boob mesh to remove them boob mesh from the armor.

Alright thanks for your help

In the Armor's nif is a node with a path to an xml-file. Remove that and save it. Hope you don't delete to much in the nif. Better make a backup before.

Thanks for the fast response but when I delete them the game crashes as soon as I equip the armor

No it doesn't.

In case myuhinny didn't make it clear enough here is what you do:

1. Load the outfit in Outfit Studio. Don't load a reference shape. Don't load a project. Just use "Load Outfit..." and then load from file.

Is it an armor for Bodyslide? Then locate the source nif of that armor inside the folder structure of the mod providing the armor (which should have a Caliente subfolder) and load that one. The Bodyslide Output will then have your edits for both the _0 and the _1 mesh.

Is it an armor that you don't first have to build with Bodyslide? If it has a _0 and _1 nif then you will have to repeat the following steps for both of them. And repeat them exactly. The bones in these two meshes have to be the same. If they aren't then that's likely the reason for that CTD.

If there is only one mesh without _0 and _1 then open that one. Be advised that this armor doesn't support the racemenu body weight slider though, you might want to search for an equivalent that does.

2. After loading the armor in Outfit Studio immediately click the bones tab to the right. Now leftclick on the breast bones (press Ctrl if you want to select more than one bone at the same time), then rightclick a highlighted bone (meaning one you just selected) and choose delete -> from project.

3. Now resave the mesh: File -> Export -> to NIF...

Don't choose to Nif with reference, you didn't load a reference and the body inside the armor is not the reference in this case.

The old mesh should be overwritten now but better make sure (check the file dates). If the armor wasn't overwritten then your edits could either be in the Overwrite folder or inside the Caliente subfolder of the Outfit Studio mod.

And don't forget to repeat the procedure for the other mesh if it isn't an armor mod for Bodyslide and the armor has an _0 and a _1 mesh.

@Bazinga

In a later post what they really wanted was to remove the bounce just from the armor but leave the bounce for the body. Which I showed them what to do to do that but I also pointed out to them what will happen if the armor has no bounce but the body does is that it'll cause the body to clip through the armor if there is a body under the armor.

Ah I see.

Yeah, that's not possible without clipping anyway. But you already pointed that out.

Well there must be a way since the armor in the video seems to be solid but I suppose this requires a lot more than outfit studio so never mind thanks for your help anyway guys.

Archived