Creature/Animal Animation Rig Files

Crazy6987

Alright, so I have managed to create some working rigs for various creatures and animals, the rigs can be used to animate or pose these creatures/animals. Some of the rigs are a bit rough (First time rigging something) so they could definitely use some tweaking to make the bone movements better. But I can say that after some quick tests those animals/creatures did perform the animations created with the rigs. I suppose it's a starting point, I've done most of the work someone more experienced with rigging could touch things up, just make sure to share it with the rest of us.

The rigs were created with 3ds Max 2015, don't know what kind of compatibility they will have with other versions of 3ds Max.

Rigs Done

- Cat

- Dogmeat

- Gorilla

- Mirelurk

- Radstag

- YaoGuai

Semi-Working Rigs

- Deathclaw (Extreme Lowerbody distortion for any animation created with the rig, see .txt document in the file for more details)

- Alien (Finger Distortion)

Not Working at all

- Mirelurk Queen (MAXScript Rig Connector error, Rig is not connected to the Skeleton)

Credit to ShadeAnimator for putting together all the animation tools (F4AK)

Crazy_F4Animation_Rigs.7z

If you can make a Deathclaw do the macarena,

I'll order you a pizza.

On a more serious note, how long did it take you to make this?

Only takes a few hours, more/less depending on how many bones the creature/animal has.

I have a much more humble request- rig to pet your cat. I have immortal cats mod and I am realyy want to pet ant cat in game.

Cat rig created.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 1:06 PM, Gamaramdi said:

Sorry, where should i place this files?

1 hour ago, Spooky_Spoopy said:

Yeah I agree with this, I cant find where to put them...

You will also need 3DS MAX 2013 or 2014 or 2015, not 100% sure if you can use The Havok plugin with 3DS Max 2016.

4 hours ago, mashup47 said:

You will also need 3DS MAX 2013 or 2014 or 2015, not 100% sure if you can use The Havok plugin with 3DS Max 2016.

Havok works perfectly. When installing, it chokes since it can't find 2015, just browse to and select the 2016 executable and BAM... Bob is your uncle.

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 7:07 PM, murf said:

Havok works perfectly. When installing, it chokes since it can't find 2015, just browse to and select the 2016 executable and BAM... Bob is your uncle.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:36 PM, mashup47 said:

Glad you got it working.

Sorry, I spoke to soon. max 2016 works for the Leito human rigs but I can NOT get anything usable in game using the Crazy Dogmeat rig.

It may be user error. I can only find *.hko files for bipedal species. There may be a setting I haven't tried exporting with yet. I will keep trying with all of these creature rigs and will report here if I get any in game success while using max 2016.

Archived