Terminatrix Mod for F3/NV - Gauging Interest

Victor14

I've recently begun to brush off my modding skills for F3 & F:NV. One project that I've worked on is porting one of my personal mods, a Terminatrix mod, from F3 to FNV.

Both of these mods I would have to consider as "personal" in that they were never intended to be distributed publicly. However, I've put a lot of work into them and I would hate to see them just sit on a hard drive and/or DVD and rot away, especially given the fact that F3 & FNV aren't getting any younger and are even considered "older" games in some modding circles.

Both mods are in, what I would consider to be, pre-Beta form: They are playable but require some leaps of logic to enjoy them. They are "playable" enough; For instance, in the F3 version of the mod, you'd have to ignore your Dad referring to you as a child. Likewise, in the NV version, the doctor in the beginning treats you as though you were human (which clearly you aren't). A rather serious caveat is that, being personal mods, I never obtained any permissions with using prior works (such as meshes & textures). If this is a serious barrier for sharing these mods here, I'd understand.

If there's enough interest here, though, I'd have no problem releasing them here and continuing to work on them. My skill set with F3/NV modding has it's limits and I wouldn't mind seeing them be altered and improved upon by others beyond my own abilities.

I consider these mods to be adult-oriented as the character in question with these mods is a female with a nude skin with few or no armor/clothing options. If you need any more information, let me know. Thank you.

Essentially, the mods add a different leveling system.

In conventional F3/NV, a player adds skills primarily through the level-up process, with some minor additions through books (with temporary skill boosts by means of drugs, clothing & magazines (NV only)). In the F3 mod, you gain skills only through books and pre-war books (which give you a minor permanent random skill boost). In the NV mod, you gain skills only through books, magazines (the effect is now permanent but much smaller) & through challenges.

In conventional F3/NV, you gain perks & attributes through the level-up system & through assorted quests. In the mods, you gain certain perks & abilities through finding "cartridges" scattered throughout the wasteland. A lot of the cartridges are "permanent" but some are optional and can be "removed" when not needed.

In terms of skills, I consider both mods roughly the same (skill book increases are different in each mod b/c of quantity differences) although I really like the converted challenges in NV. In terms of perks, I have to give the nod to F3 because NV is just different enough in scripting to break a few of them (thankfully, all of them minor) and I can't currently figure out why. Also, NV killed one of the sounds that I used natively in F3 and I don't know if there's a good-enough substitute natively in NV to replace it with.

There's a lot more that I'd like to do but I have no graphical skills to speak of which sort of ultimately hampers the progress. Since the mods are "good enough" to be played by myself, there's not a tremendous amount of incentive to keep refining them. In order to place them out there in public, though, I'd have to polish them up enough to turn it into an actual game. That, by itself, would require some effort but not a lot of graphical effort. However, to make it look pretty (and who doesn't want their mods to look pretty?) would require graphical skills far beyond my own.

Archived