Why do you Think Sexual "Domination" in Skyrim is fun?

KoolHndLuke

I mean lets be honest. We all enjoy either dominating someone or being dominated in Skyrim. Is this some kind of throwback to an age of bloodthirsty barbarians? Does it let us put that goody two-shoes to bed and let that beast in our closets come out and play or what? I was completely shocked when I saw the mods that allow us to do these things. I actually kept looking over my shoulder like I was going to get arrested or something. But damn they are good. Why is the idea of having complete control over someone or being controlled such a turn-on? I'm not sure how much I can get away with saying but I like playing females who do both. Annnddd.....I'm not really sure why.

So come on LL'ers. Show me what you got! :P 

The thread title is a contradiction itself: think - sex - fun. Hello? There is no place for thinking in this equation.

Well then. Let me rephrase the question. There is sex....and then there is sadism. I like to mix a fair amount of pain and humiliation with the sex. The question would be; how much is too much? I like to pull hair and do some slapping (not hitting). Maybe also throw in some mud and a little blood for good measure. The cries for mercy just turn me on more. Am I sick? Or is Sky just one of the best places to realize your fantasies without actually hurting or offending anyone's delicate feelings. So what is that fine line and when are you crossing it? :cool:

It's an immitation of life. This reminds me of the debatte of the late 90s (after Columbine Highschool) that online shooters make people more aggressive, eases the transition into becoming amok killers. Even a heavily modded game is still nothing but a game. If you get aroused when hacking on mutton with a cleaver, you're sick. And should get therapy. If you get aroused when your brutal orc warlord with 100 kills per day brainfucks a slave... okay, have fun. This is as dangerous as any mindgame you draw while waiting for sleep kicks in can get.

Nothing but distraction. Don't feel guilty. Of course, people might judge ... will judge you, when they don't understand. But that can be said for almost everything. So what. The only line of importance is in YOUR head. There are no barriers besides that. You can create everything - as long as you don't break laws, you should create everything you can think of. That's what makes us human. Or alive. Not sure, what might be the better agenda.

Is this some kind of throwback to an age of bloodthirsty barbarians?

Shows what you know about bloodthirsty barbarians. More like kidnap someone woman and settle down and have kids like the Vikings did in Iceland.

Yes. I'm sure your correct. Not a single woman was ever raped by Viking invaders in England or France. Who says I was referring to Vikings in the first place? :-/

It's actually psychological. I know. Shock.
The most common couse for "domination" or sadism as you called it in sex life is (besides medical conditions) level of stress in your life. If a person is under a lot of stress and generally not comfortable in his/her day to day activities they tend to want to be dominatied simply becouse it takes the pressure off of them.
On the other hand if someone is pleased with the way he/she does thing in everyday life they want to stay in control therefore
physically overpowering their partners. Often comes with verbal abuse.
It's basically your brain telling you what will bring more ekhem... "relief".

The most common couse for "domination" or sadism as you called it in sex life is (besides medical conditions) level of stress in your life. If a person is under a lot of stress and generally not comfortable in his/her day to day activities they tend to want to be dominatied simply becouse it takes the pressure off of them.

On the other hand if someone is pleased with the way he/she does thing in everyday life they want to stay in control therefore

Do you have anything to back that up or do you just figure that's how it is? Because from my admittedly anecdotal experience as well as some bsdm studies I've read, what you wrote there is crudely wrong.

That is a good explanation!

This actually reminds me of a movie with James Spader where he is a boss and has just hired a new secretary. They were both into bondage and dominate/passive sex roleplaying. It was very interesting of course. But I think it may illustrate your psycological angle. Though I do not think it had that much to do with stress on her part or him "needing" to be dominant. In fact I think they occasionally switched roles. It did seem more about fulfilling a Psyc need than say sex. Just sayin.

What I was really driving at is whether there is ever a point in the "rape fantasy" where you as a player draw the line either as the aggressor or the victim? Lest you taint your general sense of "goodwill to others" beyond repair. And no I'm really not trying to connect games or music to hate crimes. I ask this only to help discover what peoples opinion of this behavior in a game is. Remember that no one is to be judged here.

By the way why doesn't anyone want to admit that they like this kind of shit. Isnt this LL. Where people are free to discuss their sexual perversions whatever (almost) they may be? :huh:

Interesting thread :) 

It illustrates, above all, that people are not the same as each other, and also that those who have the least experience tend to dictate to everybody else how things "should" be. 

"Can you provide anything to back that up" :) 

Only a know-nothing needs to carry around proofs and substantiations for every word he says, everything he knows,  and every view he holds. 

Still, the current world-of-humans is jam-packed with that sort of mental gimpiness, which is why, of course, we play RPGs in the first place. 

Life is about domination. That works until it doesn't, and then it's about discovering submission. 

If anybody ever succeeds in getting those two down, then it becomes about balance. 

As an aside, however: the more perverse Skyrim mods one loads into one's game, the more CTDs one experiences. Until all balance is lost. 

Thank God for Mod Organizer! 

Do you have anything to back that up or do you just figure that's how it is? Because from my admittedly anecdotal experience as well as some bsdm studies I've read, what you wrote there is crudely wrong.

I didn't meant to offend anyone. Of course I accept that my view can be proven wrong in many circumstances.

And yup I have school to back me up. I'm currently at 2-year so I'm no expert but we covered sex related stuff.

BUT still... do you really think that I would just write something like that without having any knowledge on the topic?

Who the hell does that? Especially on the internet?

Oh and if you could send source of the studies you read to me on PM I would be gratetful. Love reading about things like that.

Only a know-nothing needs to carry around proofs and substantiations for every word he says, everything he knows,  and every view he holds.

That's a very healthy attitude. A bit cocky and arrogant. I love it :D

Interesting thread :)

It illustrates, above all, that people are not the same as each other, and also that those who have the least experience tend to dictate to everybody else how things "should" be. 

Still, the current world-of-humans is jam-packed with that sort of mental gimpiness, which is why, of course, we play RPGs in the first place. 

Life is about domination. That works until it doesn't, and then it's about discovering submission. 

If anybody ever succeeds in getting those two down, then it becomes about balance. 

As an aside, however: the more perverse Skyrim mods one loads into one's game, the more CTDs one experiences. Until all balance is lost. 

Thank God for Mod Organizer! 

Well thank you for that insight. You help to prove my theory that sometimes by saying less- one is actually saying so much more. B)

I feel as if the desire to be in control is what is bringing this satisfaction. In "real life", we're often frustrated by things. Think about what might make you swear, or what might make you angry, or why might disappoint you. All of these come up when it seems like we are losing control. It's the basic human desire. The plot of every good movie. Someone wanting control, finding it, and a lot of the time behaving immorally because of it. 

I guess my question would be, is it a positive thing to "be okay" with not being in control? Maybe that's what overcomes addictions and such. The idea of submission to the world, or to God, if you're into that. 

Just my two cents. :)

BUT still... do you really think that I would just write something like that without having any knowledge on the topic?

Who the hell does that? Especially on the internet?

Is that sarcasm or actual nativity? More people talk out of their ass on the internet than at the regulars' table.

Anyway, my gripe was you connecting sexual tendencies to contentment with personal position in life, I agree with the rest of what you wrote. From what I read, people who are into this kind of stuff are not less physiologically well-adjusted. One study concluded that they might even be more so than the average person. The study I recall was named "Psychological characteristics of BDSM practitioners" and I think it's not free to view. But if you google it you can find summaries and articles about it.

And from my Experience, preference for domination or submission is not something that changes based on personal stress-levels, but simply seems to be a fixed personality trait.

Is that sarcasm or actual nativity? More people talk out of their ass on the internet than at the regulars' table.

Yeah, it was sarcastic.

Do you really think that the way you feel about your life has nothing to do with the way you spent your most intimate moments? And I'm not picking a fight here, I'm acually very intrested if you have a different opinion.

Yeah, it was sarcastic.

Do you really think that the way you feel about your life has nothing to do with the way you spent your most intimate moments? And I'm not picking a fight here, I'm acually very intrested if you have a different opinion.

Not particularity. Sure, one is shaped by one's experiences, but to generalise like that is some Freud-level shit.

Archived