Game freezes or crashes at the start of animations

I recently came back to Skyrim Legendary Edition because of all the adult mods that can't be used with special edition thanks to no SKSE and Sexlab, and after installing a few newer mods that others don't seem to be having problems with, my game has been acting kind of funky. I can play it normally, there aren't any problems with that. And I can use all the dialogue prompts to initiate sex. But as soon as my character and an NPC, or even two NPC's, get to the part where they undress, they just stand there for about a minute, and then the undressing animation starts, or maybe it doesn't. Because at that point the game just freezes or on occasion is crashes, but more frequently it freezes. I have no idea why this is happening. I've tried uninstalling a combination of mods, but to no avail. There are even times where they do get to undress, but instead of playing the animation they just stand there, usually with the player character hovering above the ground a bit. You can hear the sex noises sans moans and grunts, but no actual animation. Though there are rare moments where the female actor will play her animation, but the men just stand there, and then it takes about 2 minutes after the animation should have ended for everyone to get redressed and walk away.

This is just baffling me. And before anyone asks, yes, everything is up to date.

EDIT: Ok, so I found the problem. I uninstalled one of my animation packs. According to FNIS, removing that one pack sent the number of something from 5000 to 2500. Is there a limit?

Archived