AWKCR - How do I get them naked?

Probably a stupid question, but I'm just coming back to this after a year or so, and I've installed AWKCR, because it seemed to be a popular and sensible mod, and the basic premise seemed sound, if potentially overpowering.

Trouble is, once I give a settler or a companion an outfit, it vanishes from the inventory and I can't remove it again. I can give them another outfit, but then they're stuck wearing that one. Time was when I could strip Piper by giving her raider chest armour. The chest piece would unequip the coat and I could take the coat, and then because the chest armour wasn't an outfit, that was still accessible so I could take that too. Now she just wears the chest piece over the coat!

Now this is not in itself a terrible problem. I'm not one who always has to have his companions naked. But it does make some things problematic. I just crafter a bikini and wanted Curie to model it (the synth version, I hasten to add). But she just wears it under the ballistic weave dress I gave her. On the bright side, that's two lots of 65 point weave she's wearing. But I still don't know how she looks in the bikini.

Is there a nude suit or something somewhere I can use to force unequippage? I figure there has to be a workaround.

I knew there had to be something obvious. I did try googling, but now that google's taken to ignoring search terms I only got hits about what a great mod AWKCR was.

I thought I had armoursmith extended installed already, I'll have to have a look for that nude ring - it sounds like just the ticket

I did try googling, but now that google's taken to ignoring search terms

???

Ah, right! I need to build the workbench to access those items. No wonder I couldn't find some things.

I've got a lot of mods that add wearables, because I like to dress up my settlers in lots of different outfits. I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy playing with 3d paper dolls.  :D

Anyway, their crafting is spread out across pretty much every kind of furniture object. Craft rings at the chemistry bench, necklaces at the cooking station, gloves at the Armorsmith bench, etc. It's hard to keep track of them all whenever I start a new game, particularly since some recipes don't seem to pop up until after I take certain perks. Somewhere, I don't know where, I downloaded a mod that gave me an ammo crafting workbench, that currently has zero recipes.

The moral of the story is - I should clean my modlist from time to time. ;)

I did try googling, but now that google's taken to ignoring search terms

???

Have you not noticed? It used to be that you could put a "+" in front of a term and that would mean that only results that matched those terms would be returned.

Then they changed it so you had to put quotes around a term to ensure its inclusion, which is also how they group complex phrases. Well, OK. Fair enough.

Then they started breaking quotes up if nothing matched so they could do a best guess on what you might have meant. Which means that if nothing matches your "must include" term now, it just gets ignored and they return a bunch of irrelevant crap.

And now lately, they seem to be ignoring quoted terms even if there are hits, if there are enough hits without the term. I think it's probably some Google AI thing where it reckons it can guess what you want better than you can write search terms. Which is probably cool if you don't know what you're looking for, but a right pain in the neck if you're looking for something exact.

Honestly, I can't wait for the next search engine challenger to get its act together. Google are getting less and less useful by the day.

The moral of the story is - I should clean my modlist from time to time. wink.png

I know that feeling well smile.png

And now lately, they seem to be ignoring quoted terms even if there are hits, if there are enough hits without the term.

I've seen everything you listed but this. At least, I haven't noticed it, if it's been happening to me.

Although, now that I think about it, maybe so after all...

I do know that Google's attempt to correct my spelling when searching is a pain in the ass too. "Did you mean...?" NO, I did NOT mean that, I meant what I wrote. If I make a mistake, I'll go correct it, K? K.

I think it's probably some Google AI thing where it reckons it can guess what you want better than you can write search terms.

All hail any software developer who wants to make the software try DWIM. It never actually works well. At best, it helps out people who have never in their lives used a computer before while simultaneously punishing people who really know what they're doing. Microsoft is notorious for doing this crap.

This is not a mod specific behaviour.

Well, it is in so much as it wasn't a problem with the vanilla game. Make Piper wear chest armour, Piper unequips trenchcoat since it uses some of the same slots. Then you can take the trenchcoat and the chest piece (since that doesn't hide in her inventory.

With AWKCR it's suddenly a problem. Which is probably why someone decided to make the nude ring.

Though I suppose you could use a gun and some harsh language... biggrin.png

I think it gets to the point where they're like "Look! If you can find the damn zipper, you can take it off for me? Do you know how long I've been sleeping with this thing on?"

Though I suppose you could use a gun and some harsh language... biggrin.png

I think it gets to the point where they're like "Look! If you can find the damn zipper, you can take it off for me? Do you know how long I've been sleeping with this thing on?"

That reminds me, there is a version of See You Sleep for Fallout 4, and sleeping in the nude is one of the features available. It's been a while since I've checked that mod out though, so I'm not sure when that last update was.

• 1 year later...

This is probably dead, but I need help and can't find anything anywhere. I had a problem with Eli's Armor Compendium stacking armors on my companion and just making them bigger when I equipped them. So I found this thread and used the nude ring to remove everything but now the nude ring is stuck on them and equipping armors just makes my companion extra thick. xD Help what do I do?? 

You can equip them with One Ring to Nude Them All, then equip a wedding ring and it will remove the nude ring (leaving them truly naked) and you can take both rings back. Or you can use the console command unequipall but that will also deselect their weapon. 

• 3 years later...