Mr. Sandman (bring me a nightmare)

GimmeBACON

I kind of wanted to shake up my play-style, normally I play good or neutral characters and I kind of wanted to deviate from that. Then I started looking into Daedra and came across Vaermina... and I thought to myself any champion of hers would be some kind of Freddy Kreuger-esque monster.

So here's my idea...

Race: Bosmer (I wanted a cannibal, but no affiliation to Namira, which is why I was thinking Bosmer)

Gender: Doesn't matter...maybe male... I have more female characters.

Play Style: Kills people in their sleep, avoids direct combat, instead inducing fear in others. (maybe raises corpses)

Skills: Stealth, illusion, alchemy (maybe conjuration)

Gear: Staff of Vaermina, poison-laced dagger, dark robes?

Affiliation: Vaermina

Any ideas for mods that would help this playthrough? Or ideas about the playthrough itself?

I recommend a magic mod of some kind, something that adds or overhauls the Illusion spells and possibly skill tree, adds some different and interesting spells. I can recommend Apocalypse Magic of Skyrim for that, but there are others IIRC and possibly even better ones that concentrate more on illusion. Other colleges are just as important too, you never know when some off-the-wall Conjuration spell that boosts your risen undead will be just the ticket. Don't forget other kinds of magic either, something like Summermyst can improve your capabilities.

I also recommend some mod that either delays or disables the main quest. While a champion of Vaermina won't necessarily be anti-dragonborn, or even more anti-saving-the-world (after all, it's a lot easier to bring nightmares to people when people actually exist :) ), something that at least modifies it so you aren't always going to be the Greatest Hero Possible would be nice. Escape the Cell (the beta at least) has a really good one for that. At any rate, learning shouts is fine, because why not? Some of them can really help out too, like Aura Whisper, Become Ethereal, Dismay, Dragon Aspect... actually, the list of shouts that compliment this kind of roleplaying is quite extensive. A mod like Thunderchild or other shouting mod might be useful.

Also consider the whole vampire or werewolf thing. Nothing says evil terror of the night like transforming into a vampire in front of someone. :)

You might want to do a Nexus search for "vaermina" or even a google search for vaermina mods too. Never know what might show up.

For sex mods, Deadly Drain is perfect. Bring them to the cusp of orgasm, then drain their life, inflicting pain and terror at the height of their pleasure.

Re playthrough: Playing as a semi-pacifist (in your case, killing is okay, direct killing is okay but not ideal) is difficult. Get yourself a follower quick, as you won't be concentrating on primary DPS skills like weapons or destruction. Magic mods will really help out, maybe stealth overhaul mods. I'd say you should feel free to work for other daedra - while lore-wise it might not be the best idea, Daedra do appreciate someone else doing things in their sphere from time to time. Also feel free to do good-guy quests too, but possibly with a twist, I'd say. I mean, what do you consider a nightmare? Schlepping some Frost Salts from Farengar to Arcadia is a good-guy menial quest, but then afterward waiting until she goes to bed, robbing her entire stock of ingredients, and replacing them all with Jarrin Root and replacing all the potions with poisons might mess with her head a bit. That kind of thing.

but then afterward waiting until she goes to bed, robbing her entire stock of ingredients, and replacing them all with Jarrin Root and replacing all the potions with poisons might mess with her head a bit. That kind of thing.

I lol'd at that... I get what your getting at, but that example turned my evil monster into a prankster.

Paralyze all of your victims that aren't asleep and have them assaulted by a swarm of demonic minions that have been ensnared in your foul magics. Kind of like when paralyzed people are eaten alive from the inside out by a hungry swarm of rats.

I REALLY like that idea... I may have to use swarm of bats or something to emulate that.

haha, awesome. Whatever accomplishes the goal of making you the most hellish being imaginable. Perhaps something else that manipulates the environment to your advantage and sets the scene and mood of just exactly what you plan to do to the pathetic beings that are unfortunate enough to cross your path.  Somewhat like the Call Storm shout or tainted arrows into the sun. Maybe theres something along those lines that would really cause massive distress to any adversary.

I lol'd at that... I get what your getting at, but that example turned my evil monster into a prankster.

Yeah... I always have a bit of trouble with that. Pure evil characters are usually impossible for me to play. I have a hard time forcing myself to even pick the sarcastic options in Fallout 4 usually.  :dodgy:

Yeah... I always have a bit of trouble with that. Pure evil characters are usually impossible for me to play. I have a hard time forcing myself to even pick the sarcastic options in Fallout 4 usually.  :dodgy:

Yeah I get that as well, I perpetually play the good guy in games. But I like the choice to be an evil sadistic bastard from time to time. Too bad that isn't an option in fallout 4.

Nothing is more evil than enslaving people in Sky. Put em on an auction block. Make them follow and do whatever you want to them. torture chambers are a lot of fun as well. Depends on how kinky you are. Vampire Conjurer is way fun with some of the Daedric artifacts. I mean there are thousands of ways to have fun being bad in this game. If you don't plan on using destruction then you'd better go with Restoration to defend as fire will be a big problem as a vampire.  :D

You could plant things or creatures on a person. Plant poisons on them and watch them die in front of their kid then adopt the kid and slowly feed them killer sweets till they are no more or place some type of monster egg on a person and after a few minutes/hours the creature hatches and jumps out of their underwear or wherever they store their crap at and the creature would attack the person that was carrying them and anyone else that is a threat to it.

You could plant things or creatures on a person. Plant poisons on them and watch them die in front of their kid then adopt the kid and slowly feed them killer sweets till they are no more or place some type of monster egg on a person and after a few minutes/hours the creature hatches and jumps out of their underwear or wherever they store their crap at and the creature would attack the person that was carrying them and anyone else that is a threat to it.

Why does everyone want to hurt children in this game? They are sweet and innocent!-and quite tasty if you cook them just right. ;)

Why does everyone want to hurt children in this game? They are sweet and innocent!-and quite tasty if you cook them just right. ;)

Braith tastes awful no matter how you cook her.

Look......Ya'll is way off topic here and your wrong about Braith. She tastes just like chicken.

OP is asking about bein bad and stuff and all you do is talk about little munchkins and shit.

Now when I really wants to be BAD I just take my belligerent country ass Nord and kills anybody who aint one. Then put em in a nice stew with some carrots and taters.

... okay "bad" isn't exactly it... I'm creating a boogeyman, a heartless predator that targets his prey in the bright of day, and ends them as they sleep. He's the champion of the queen of nightmares and psychological terror, in short, this guys fucked up.

I don't imagine this'd be a long playthrough, but I still wanna try it out.

Hmmmm...

There has got to be a mod out there that has a spell to turn corpses all creepy like enough to scare the living becheeseus out of your enemies.

I would like that.

There is one that I use to make skeletons sound terrifying in battle. Skeletons of Daggerfall I think its called.

I was thinking more like Necromancy turned into an illusion fear spell type thing.

Archived