How do I get multiple NPC Overhauls to work together?

MsOtaku

A long time ago I had all of the Bijin's Women mods, Ultimate NPC Overhaul, and RS Children working in harmony and everyone was pretty. But then I installed an ENB for the first time, messed up, and I had to nuke my game and start over fresh. After installing everything properly and getting everything to work the ones that didn't want to were Bijin's and UNO. No matter what I tried some, not all, of the women had the grey-potato face.

Sadly, Ultimate NPC Overhaul was removed from the Nexus for some reason and I no longer have the mod. However, I later installed The Ordinary Women, Men of Winter,The Hirelings, and other mods that change the appearance of certain important NPCs. Every single damn time I run LOOT I have to manually put the .esp's of said mods in their correct order or I get the bug. I even have the order locked in MO and they still move...

Last night I saw a beautiful preset that required that I download and install Ethereal Elven Overhaul to get my PC to look like the girl in the picture. After I installed everything I noticed that some women were grey faced and fugly. I have tried everything that I usually do to fix the issue and even uninstalled EEO but, the bug is still there.

I don't remember whom it was here that posted their load order to ask a completely different question and saw that this person had multiple NPC overhaul and appearance changing mods. At the time, I copied that person's load order but, it did not work. I've read the "How to's"  on many forums and it doesn't work for me. What is so frustrating is that it once did and for many months.

For those of you out there with multiple NPC overhauls, would you please help me get them to work together in game? Thanks in advance.

xoxo

I think it's the problem with EEO in particular. Ordinary Women and Bijin works together fine: if Bjin overwrites Ordinary Women then its esp should be below OW - and vice versa

Known incompatibilities

-Better FaceGen or Enhanced Character Edit do not work with EEO characters.
-Extended Slider Colours may cause the elves' warpaints to vanish and a plethora of other issues. RaceMenu however works great!
-NPC overhauls don't work with EEO.
-EEO's optional face skin may cause a visible neck seam when used with non-Vanilla derivative body textures. If you use a custom body texture, prioritize using a face texture purpose-built to match it.

Yeah EEO is a very fucky mod. Getting it to work with anything is a nightmare.

Grey faces might be caused by leftover files from EEO in your facegendata files, they're the .nifs and tints that contain the heads used by the NPCs. You could check there and remove everything that EEO added there since the uninstall might've not gotten it.

Thank you both very much for the info. I uninstalled EEO last night, messed around with load orders and .esp placements a few minutes ago and finally got rid of the damn grey-face bug. So with EEO out of the picture, is there a way to get an overhaul mod to work with Bijin and Ordinary women? I liked it when everyone looked nice. The men look okay now because of some 2k Skyrim overhaul mod that makes everything look better, but with UNO the regular guys looked great. If so could you recommend and NPC Overhaul mod and if will just not work then I understand.

EDIT: I'll go back and look for leftover .nifs so I won't have any future problems.

EDIT 2: Apparently there is a new UNO only now it's called UNO 2.... I don't know why I've never heard of this. I'm terrified of downloading this and having complete chaos in game.... but I want the mod so bad!

After getting two confirmations that EEO is buggy I've decided not to reinstall it. Thank you anyway, @Nickolos1818. :)

So I went ahead and downloaded UNO2 and followed these directions:

As for other mods that edit the appearances of vanilla NPCs, you CAN get any of such mods to work together. To put it simply, 
1. First uninstall any NPC altering mods you already have installed
2. Install U.N.O. 
3. Now install back your other NPC mods and choose OK to all overwrites. 
4. Put the mod's ESP BELOW UNO - NPC Overhaul.esp

Wish me Luck!

Bloody hell...

Good news: Following those instructions and moving around some .esp's worked! The regular folks look great!

Horrific news: My character can't shag critters. Everything was working fine last night until I changed her look. It was very late and I was so tired that after I altered her appearance I went to bed and didn't continue any more quests for a certain critter quest mod. The preset required me to download EEO and SG Female Textures Renewal. One of these said something about changing my PC's skeleton. I didn't like the way SG Female Textures looked - perhaps it's my ENB - so I removed that. And I don't have EEO anymore. I've run FNIS countless times and have reinstalled the XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended, which is the one I've always used, several times. When my PC goes to an animal, she will undress and stand nude either in front of it or in the middle of it while the animal does it's thing - there's nothing wrong with it's animations except that an animation that requires a prop or furniture will not show up. I'm guessing it's because my PC won't do anything. HDT is working, no T pose, nothing else is going wrong.

I've checked all my animations and they are enabled. I cleaned and reloaded the Json files or whatever it's called in SLAL, and when I run FNIS, I get the usual "tools," "scripts," and "meshes" folders in my Overwrite folder in MO. Whenever I place said folders into the FNIS Overwrite mod I created, I would always get the same Windows message, "Would you like to do the following.... for the next TWO conflicts?" This time it says four.

Did installing EEO kill my game? I can't think of anything else on how to fix this shagging problem now. Oh, and it's the same with humans as well.

Try starting a new game.

Go into the MCM and reset sexlab and everything else.

When you mess with your load order, especially removing mods, you can break your saved games.

That or if it changed your skeleton and went through with it you might need to reinstall XPMSE or whatever you had before it.

Try a new game or load a save before you installed that mod and test anims there, if the animations work there then your SL is likely be broken like Greg said

I'll do those things right now. Thanks! *fingers crossed*

I went ahead and loaded a very old save, everything works fine, except my PC will not shag while the human NPCs and creatures are humping air. I have reinstalled my old skeleton and am going to start a new game now. I'll be posting my progress or rants.

Nope. Not working. I just finished configuring all the MCM menus, registered the animations via SLAL, ran FNIS, started up Animal Mansion and even the NPC woman will just stand there while the dog does his business. I don't know what else to do.

I am in tears. I loaded my main profile to see if everything was working and it was. I played for a bit, added the UNO2 mod, saved and exited so I could delete those bad profiles and make a copy of my main to create a new character.

I ended up accidentally deleting my main save. I've been desperately looking online how to recover it, but nothing is working. I had so much accomplished on that save and now it's gone.

This might help.

Try finding a vanilla NPC with potato face.

Get the base ID, then load them in TESVedit.

See which mods are making changes to that NPC

Then delete the ones overwrite from the mod you don't want.

Also, if something you are using is in a BSA remember that a file in folder will overwrite the bsa.

for eg if you want the EEO look which is in a bsa but you installed bijin as loose files.

bijin files will overwrite EEO even if its lower in the list and they'll look like shit.

so you'll end up with EEO trying to apply changes to a bijin mesh

This might help.

Try finding a vanilla NPC with potato face.

Get the base ID, then load them in TESVedit.

See which mods are making changes to that NPC

Then delete the ones overwrite from the mod you don't want.

Also, if something you are using is in a BSA remember that a file in folder will overwrite the bsa.

for eg if you want the EEO look which is in a bsa but you installed bijin as loose files.

bijin files will overwrite EEO even if its lower in the list and they'll look like shit.

so you'll end up with EEO trying to apply changes to a bijin mesh

I appreciate the advise but, I'm never installing EEO again. I've gotten UNO2 and other "change appearance mods" to work correctly now. Right now I'm still lamenting the loss of my main save.

do you have" all in one hdt animated pussy" they have multiple ncp options in that loading option box thing ,and many other things

That mod killed my game once upon a time. I have figured out how to have multiple NPC Overhauls and certain NPC make over mods work in harmony and everyone is beautiful.

Archived