Dragon Age inquisition mods?

Dark_Ansem

Well before the nexus, the community was there:

http://daitools.freeforums.org/index.php

There might still be some exclusivities. Beside my crappy mod here:

http://daitools.freeforums.org/two-handed-weapon-as-one-handed-with-some-limitations-t521.html

As for adult mods I don't think there are though...

The statement from EA about modding DAI was in the line of "We won't actively block modding but we sure as hell won't support it" That's not their exact words but the idea was there:

- We won't make modding tools.

- We won't care if we break things with updates.

- We won't modify our files or securities for the sole purpose of blocking modding.

- Do the f**k you want within reason and law and don't mess with multiplayer.

It's basically what modding was for a lot of game before bethesda (except for those who allowed for maps like doom duke etc...) but those were more to support multiplayer initially.

Talented Modders made tools and the modding community starts.

Honestly that's a better outlook on things than before, not perfect but better.

The dragon age inquisition nexus is the best place to find mods for this game. There's also some stuff floating around on tumblr. Some of my faves atm are the more banter and no class restrictions on weapons mods. And of course a bunch of character creation stuff.

As for as lets say 'loverslab themed' mods, there are none as far as i know.

EA games and mods HAHAHAHAHAHAH good luck with that. EA money grubbing hands have killed Bioware. =( I have zero faith in the new mass effect.

The Mass Effect 3 modding scene, and for the trilogy as a whole, was fine. No where near the level of Skyrim (nothing is), but better than most. I assume that will be the case for Andromeda as well.

And there is hope for mod tools according to this bit from an interview:

"There won't be any official support for mods with Andromeda either, although Gamble remarked that "as we see the reaction to these things those plans can change very quickly". Given the good work the modding community did with the original Mass Effect trilogy - the high-res texture packs are just one of many things that come to mind, not to mention all the mods for Bioware games of old - I wouldn't be surprised if there was movement on this later this year, although it could be a case where Bioware offers their tacit approval without releasing an official toolkit."

So if you want official support, the best thing to do is let them hear about it.

Archived